Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

CPWizBiz - Game Controls Viewer

stigzler

There's a database behind it. You tell it what system controller buttons you want mapped to the controls on your rig and then it looks up the relevant functions for the game and maps it against these. Bit hard to explain - there's a bit more on the site.

• 6 months later...

CPWizBiz V0.8.0.0 Released

Totally overhauled installer. Now:

- Guides through the Master/Slave installation

- Accommodates re-install ontop of existing installations

- Auto-downloads CPWizard + sets it up.

Tootips added to Admin interface. 

Added facility to delete game setups and edit game names

** Added Assets dowloader - keeps all imgaes up to date from server **

** Added Controllers and Game Controls downloader  - download other user's setups - save yourself a job**

Above resulting in much smaller download.

Added some view tools for the datagrids

Added Change GUI font size/style (for old man eyes like mine)

Total reshuffle of layout

oh and....

** MARQUEE EDITOR!!! **

- Autogenerate Marquees from image paths

- Add images, animation (flash or gif), vidoes (local or youtube link) + scroller texts to a custom marquee

- Flashy text generator - makes styalized text from game name. 

- In-app image searcher to find logos, backgrounds, fanart etc

- In-app game info searcher

- Video Intros before marquee display (e.g. for console boots)

Loads of other stuff...

Vid:

Get here:

https://cpwizbiz.cod...ses/view/617911

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to get this to show up on a second screen while playing a game? I saw on reddit something similar using a different front end. Id like to launch a mame game, say NBA Jam, and on a second screen have it just show an image of the control panel and what panels are used for that game.

• 4 weeks later...

Whoops - apologies - didn't get any notifications of new posts. 

Is there a way to get this to show up on a second screen while playing a game? I saw on reddit something similar using a different front end. Id like to launch a mame game, say NBA Jam, and on a second screen have it just show an image of the control panel and what panels are used for that game.

Yes - this will do that. 

Wow! The animated marquee's looks sweet!
Can those be downloaded somewhere?
Can they be used with hyper marquee as well?

Not the animated ones. They are composited via the app, so not a single file. I'm afraid I don't use hyper-marquee - so not sure, but I doubt it. 

Don't forget to add it to the app section of the download page! Nice work. What size of screen is the marquee

Errrmmm.... not sure how to do that as not very familiar with this forum. Can't remember the specs, but it's just under 24" wide. 

• 3 months later...

I'm very interested in this app but can make the wizard to start... i extract the files, run CPWizBiz.exe but nothing happens. I have .net 4.5 in windows 7 64bits. Tested with CPWizBiz.exe 32/64bits versions.

I can not start installing this... just extract the files... doble click in CPWizBiz.exe and nothing :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes. See vid:

https://youtu.be/cRRgGUv24TM?list=PLdaXx0sPIMZGP_-hQ1IB7ZhpHHQBNEQfo

However, I'd strongly advise waiting a couple of weeks as due to release totally re-written version which is a lot faster and more robust. 

You should be able to use it with HS + RL as all it is command line based + minimum it requires if a gamename + system, which I assume HS + RL can provide?

Of course - you could download the present version just for testing + to scope it out. 

CPWizBiz V1 Released

Total re-code. Lot more features. Lot more robust and stable. 

See first post for demo vid:

Essentially it just needs two command line parameters from FrontEnds: a game and a system name. 

Just in case it's helpful to you guys. 

• 2 weeks later...

In a previous post you mentioned that there is an Asset downloader that can be used to download other users' setups. Where can I find that? You software seems very cool, but it seems it would take me years to set up it up for all my games/systems... 

Well - it took me 3 years to write - so now it's over to others to do some work and populate the games database ;)

Basically, as people use this, because the system and controller names are standardised, the idea will be to amalgamate user entered controls for games into one database. There is a necessary first step of standardising the controls for he default system controllers. I'm hoping someone will step up to offer some help with this. 

If your front end is sending games and systems to CPWB as you play, it'll also only be a 3/4 minute job to look up the manual and then enter the game controls. Not sure I could have made it much easier, really.....

Updates

Bug Fixes:
CPWB.Rig_AddNew: Do check for at least single image in Layout before add rig.
CPWB.Ini_KorVToTableKey: Adds Section header in absence of Source section
CPwb.StartPopulationOutput: Changes to skip datatable population if no emu/info labels/images...

Some Icon improvements

CPWB.Pop_CPWBg: Creates bak.png if not present from app resource. 
Added CPWizard Layouts folder backup

Bugfixes: Edit Imgs and Labels for Emus.

Fixed .ire file for General settings. Bug only occurs if you installed at Version 1.0.4. Manual fix required - update won't fix it - contact me if need to know how (basically just copy CoreAssets>VanillaAssets>db>ires>CPWizBiz.ire to the equivalent in your ascribed database location)'

Explored Cmd Line bug Issue #18. To do with .net .parsecmdline  - small changes made but unresolved. Consider custom class. 

Fixed startup bug if can't find db file.

Added game manual browse from Games tab
Added change game controls from CPWizBiz

Added Snap + Save current CPWizard display. 
> Assists with documenting specific layouts (E.g. Default Emu/System button layouts)

Added UPdate CPWizard Function
> Downloads CPWizard and compares against local version. If newer, copies relevant files to local installation. 

BugFix: Fixes Update Rig bug where this mucked up database.

Added facility to edit Emulator Function Labels directly in the admin interface
Added ability to change the default image viewer for CPWizard grab to one of user's choosing. 

Added copy emulator functions from another system (for multi-system emulators such as RetroArch)
Re-wrote Marquee and CPWizard dynamic image routine. Now includes any 'de-tagged' images in image results in absence of direct match (e.g. "Tekken 3 (USA)" used where game = "Tekken 3")
Landing page for Maquee edit changed to Images
Improved update routine, now keeps update stats via ftp. 

Thanks fellas. If you're gonna give it a go and need some help (I have a feeling it might be a little confusing to use at first), just give me a shout. If you get it up and running and want to be a contributor, that'd be awesome (needing controller images; games database entries etc). Again, just give me a shout and I'll add you to the contributor team.

31 minutes ago, stigzler said:

Thanks fellas. If you're gonna give it a go and need some help (I have a feeling it might be a little confusing to use at first), just give me a shout. If you get it up and running and want to be a contributor, that'd be awesome (needing controller images; games database entries etc). Again, just give me a shout and I'll add you to the contributor team.

regarding the database, would it be usefull to talk to @fr0stbyt3 to see if HBL database is of use to your project ?

Ah thanks - had a quick look - does the HBL database have individual game controls?

It might. Or maybe it can have. You really should talk to frostbite maybe you could work something out.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A700FD met Tapatalk

Archived