Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

lassley

What exactly does a emumovies and hypersync do?

Hey, so I know getting the upgrade of emumovies and hypersync allows me to get the little videos for each game. However, does it also do other things like the wheel art, or am I own my own to do those? If I am on my own, where can I find the themes for a lot of the games? Thanks!

HyperSync grabs the wheel art, cart art, box art, system and game themes and probably some other art that I am forgetting. If you are serious about getting HyperSpin up and running, it's money well spent.

For this to work, I am guessing all of my game titles need to match some exact title for the game, so I would have to make slight changes to game titles to make hypersync be able to find their art and stuff. Correct me if I am wrong though.

If your titles not name correctly they wouldn't launch from Hyperspin. Can you launch your games from Hyperspin? If you can that means they match the database and can be synchronized.

Also I should point out hypersync looks at the database of your games not your actual games when synchronizing your media content. So as long as you have a proper database it will download everything that matches that database regardless if you even have the games set up in that particular system. Unless you're creating custom databases you should be fine.

HyperSpin = front-end

Emumovies = source for the game/system preview videos

HyperSync = utility program to download/sync artwork/databases/themes/videos to your HS setup

HyperLaunch/RocketLauncher = 3rd party game launcher

Databases (xml game entries), roms, wheels, themes vids, other artwork ALL need to match exactly (case sensitive)

Thanks for the help. What do you mean by "creating my own database"? I have all of my games in folders designated by system. Then, in hyperlaunch, I click the "generate database based on rom path" button. Is this how I should be doing it?