Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Questions about a 39"

Pablova

Hi all, I've been playing with the idea of building a Cab recently and found the forum last week. This is my first post

After a lot of reading I've decided to go ahead with my project!! I've seen what many of you have done and I want to congratulate you and also thank you for all the inspiration

I have 2 main problems I need to deal with right now:

a) location: I live in Argentina and here there is not the huge market of parts you can find in the UK or europe. Shipping to here is expensive and there are a lot of packages that get stolen (!). That is why my best bet is to buy a broken old pinball, which will have already the steel parts, many buttons, etc.

B) budget: I'm really low on cash right now and my first idea is to take this old pinball carcass and fit in a TV as a playfield and an old monitor I already have that will become the vertical screen. The computer will be also an old quad core I already own. I'll keep adding parts and improving it as I can collect more money.

Soooo to the real question!!: I've seen a really cheap 39" LED TV. It is a really good bargain deal like 200 dollars cheaper than any other model I've seen. 

http://ar.rcalatinoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/L32T10SLIM.png

Is it too crazy to buy it before having bought the cabinet? or do I have a pretty big chance that it will fit most cabinets out there?

Also, it is not Full HD, just 720p. Do you think it will make a big difference in the quality?

THANKS!!!

Pablo

Archived