Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

MAME Genre Selection Goes to Black Screen

stovies

Folks

I'm trying to resolve a genre menu issue I've had for some time. When I select the genre option my system simply goes to a black screen which I cannot get out off.  I have all the relevant xml files and an appropriate mame.xml with genre entries.  But even when I create a single entry Genre.xml, nothing.  I think there was some threads on this issue in the past, but I think they have been deleted with the refresh of the website.  I'm sure its a simple fix, but I'm currently stumped.  Anyone else had and fixed this issue?

Thanks in avance

Stovies

Jumpstile

Unfortunately, Don's xml's made no difference an appeared to by size for size identical to those already in my MAME database folder.  I'm not sure how long I've been without genres, but it's been some time.  Wonder if its a RL setting?

If you can hear the game running in the background try launching mame from the emulators folder go into default game settings change Direct3d to Direct Draw mame only reconizes direct x 8 and 9 so if its higher change it to 8 or 9 and Direct3d should work

• 1 month later...

If anyone runs into this problem again, I found that the wheel art and genre.xml files were not named the same in my instance.  Once the xml and png files matched, everything loaded right up.  Even one name between the two would cause it to go black and crash.

Archived