Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Life Taker - 46/32/DMD Widebody

Pinball999

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

I have a quick question to the cab owners using a DMD from VirtuaPin.

I have ordered my unit last year (end November) and I'm still waiting for it to be shipped.

I've been told that Vishay had problems to deliver on time recently, but this is almost a 4 months waiting time.

So.. Am I the only one having this issue? How long did you guys had to wait to receive yours?

Hi there,

I have a quick question to the cab owners using a DMD from VirtuaPin.

I have ordered my unit last year (end November) and I'm still waiting for it to be shipped.

I've been told that Vishay had problems to deliver on time recently, but this is almost a 4 months waiting time.

So.. Am I the only one having this issue? How long did you guys had to wait to receive yours?

I have had one on order since July of last year... got fed up waiting and bought another unit..

will end up selling the Virtuapin one (with a pindmd) when it finally arrives!!!

i've contacted them on a couple of occasions, the first 5 months of delays where due to stock shortages, it was supposed to be shipped in December. I apparently was sent an email in February (no idea on the two month gap on that one) about requiring a phone number for international shipping , which I never received, finally got another mail from them yesterday and have supplied the required number, so we shall see how long it takes to get here ..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Scottpe.

I'm quite pleased with the result so far. Looking forward to putting the speaker cover and painting it.

For the template, I've used a classic Williams template and enlarged it a bit to better fit the bigger panel.

A jig was then created with my router after finding the radius to match the size I had in mind.

Hi there,

I have a strange font/DMD issue on a few tables running with Future Pinball.

I'm relatively new to FP, and have been checking the forums but could not find anything so far.

I've made a short video showing the problem (note that it has nothing to do with the real DMD)

Anyone here would have an idea on how to fixe it?

Glad you like it Russ, it's thanks to youthat this is possible :)

Installing the PinDMD2 and the drivers was a piece of cake. And the results are beyond my first expectations!

I have just uploaded another video showing the DMD on Big Bang Bar, with the BAM static view.

Please forgive the poor video quality... in real conditions, the DMD looks much darker.

BTW. I have never explained why there is no glass in front of the backglass...

The reason is quite simple.. Since the Pincab is in my living room, I did not want to have 3 TVs in the same area and decided to use the 32" to watch TV programs.

As a consequence, the TV front button had to be accessible, and no glass had to be used to avoid reverberations.

This allows to save some money on the HW side, and ALSO some place in your living room.

So in a way, the cab is now a big TV furniture that can be switched between TV and gaming modes :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived