Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Life Taker - 46/32/DMD Widebody

Pinball999

how did you decide on the angle that you went with here? was it pretty much the same as a reapl pin?

post-68949-142870620693_thumb.jpg

do you have any pics where you can see the whole inside as kind of a big picture look? I'm gonna start looking for my TV real soon...hoping to find a good deal at a walmart or something...right after super bowl apparently there are a lot of big tv returns. ha!

I want to do this SOOO bad.

I read through that thread you linked about FP's Physics and it sounds like BAM fixes a lot of the "issues" with that? but...not having actually done it...I can't get a real feel for it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't get this bam...

Do you need a 3d tv...

Do you have to wear glasses, what part do the camera play...

Edit

Just been reading for a few hours , this is what might push me to start a pincab..

No, yo don't need a 3d tv

You have to wear some kind of "infrared leds", preferable around your head, via glases, headband, baseball cap, anything you fancy lol

The camera track your position and adjust the camera around the playfield, its like you have control of the camera with a mouse around the playfield.

Hope this help. :D

edit: welcome to the club! Now start your building :)

O wow, I remember that video! :)

don't know if you guys have seen, but Johnny is apparently a big part of Google's new Project Tango:

but wait...I was under the impression for some reason, that if you had the cameras you wouldn't need the wii type ir setup. does it require both?

• 1 month later...
Sorry for the late reply allroy.

This video was just to demonstrate how the fake 3D is working. You don't need the wiimotes if you are using the PS3 cams.

well, i just bought a couple TVs yesterday to hopefully get this project started....

so...i finally looked ...so you absolutly shouldn't feel bad about taking a long time to reply lol! however, since now I've spent money and plan on starting, I'll probably be asking more questions. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After spending some time with it, I came to the conclusion that I'm waaay too lazy to maintain the database and update the script for every new table. :)

Zen tables are fun, but I miss the force feedback too much and would really spend more time tweaking it than just playing it.

So I'll be a bit patient, and check it again as soon as they support pincabs.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you checked out nuke launcher for pinball fx 2 tables?

I'll admit I don't use it myself yet but plan on giving it a go in the next few days - it really looks pretty simple. I came to the same conclusion as yourself with setting up FX2 tables in pinball X - it's not easy to get working correctly and everytime a new table is released you need to update all the xml and AHK files etc. I'd rather play my cab than update it.

Yeah, it looks quite promising.

But by cab support, I also meant nudge and force feedback. I'm so used to my contactors and bass shaker, that I can't really enjoy the Zen tables.

Besides, there is really a lot going on at the moment on the VP side, and I'm too busy maintaining the tables :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived