Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Optimus-Pin P2k Build (39/24/22)

viriiguy

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I got my storage shed straightened up so the tiller will fit in there. So this weekend is a go for operation Garage clean up to fit a pin cab. Hopefully by the time Monday rolls around I will have an actual workspace available for when Mameman has the cabinet ready!

I have just about everything ordered for the Cabinet now. I think all I am missing are the electrical bits I need like Wire, Fuse holders, Resistors and such.. A shaker motor and a wiper motor. Oh yea, Glass and a lock-bar receiver too. Currently I am painting my Legs and Lock-bar Hammered finish Black. If I like how it looks and feels, I will paint my Stern Rails too. I will update with some pics when I am finished.

The first post has been updated with a list of purchased parts and links to where I got them.

Javier also got back to me with a rough sketch for the direction we are taking the sides.

On the autobots side from Left to Right: Ironhide, Jazz, OP, Bumblebee and Prowl. On the Decepticons side From L to R there's: Laserbeak, Ravage, Soundwave, Megs, Starscream and Shockwave. With Cybertron on the Autobot side and Unicron in Planet form in the Decepticon side.

post-38539-14287058375_thumb.jpg

It is a little different that my original vision... but oh so much better!

Well, the rest of my electrical gear came in today. So I decided it was time to give everything a look over. It would see that 4 of the 5 "NEW" RGB LEDs I bought are in fact USED! They have solder on the pads and one shows signs of having been formerly attached with thermal adhesive. I have not tested them yet, but I have emailed the seller about this. But, beyond that... It is time for me to start planning my wiring and getting the basic layout down. Mameman is nearly finished with my Cab, so it will be shipped here soon. Which mean I gotta get off my arse and get started.

The OS is working and I have a little over 500 tables loaded up. Many of which will be weeded back out I am sure. So I started digging thru my supplies in the garage to see what I have for wire. I have TONS of Romex, but that won't do much good in this build :) I also have a love of 7 wire 18 AWG Solid Thermostat wire. That just might be perfect for my higher Amp stuff. And I have a ton of Cat5E wire as well. I can probably use that as well for all the buttons and LEDs. Cat5E is good to 1 amp. I can't really see any of that stuff pulling more than an Amp. I will double check with some of my electrical buddies.. and if any of you know otherwise.. please let me know :)

Just so I can add a photo to this build.. Here is a shot of some of the gear on my *ahem* Work Bench.

post-38539-142870583859_thumb.jpg

Yes, that is my pool table. And yes, it should be covered... But, since one of our cats decided to leave me a smelly present right in the middle of it... I now have to re-felt it this spring. So I am not worried about screwing it up.

Got the inks of the planets today. HE will be working on the pencils of the Robots next, then color them all at once.

Man this guy is good!

post-38539-142870584275_thumb.jpg

Today I also ordered the LightMite RGB Flipper setup from http://www.nicemite.com/LightmiteLB/LightmiteLB.htm

They are specifically made to work for real pinball machines with leaf switches. And CHEAP!!!

Well, I spent three days off and on, trying out Nvidia Drivers. Some would work GREAT in VP, but FP would have issues, some would work GREAT in FP, but some B2S VP Tables would not load or work correctly.. I tried about 40 different drivers, between OEM and Modded drivers. In the end, Nvidia 270 seems to be the one to use. I only have a couple of tables in VP that require me to hit F3 to make them load right.

With that, I am now officially out of stuff to do until I get the cabinet. I have soldered what I can, without having the cabinet to plan placement and such. So, I guess it is time to stop and actually play some tables. :)

Well, The more I looked at my Swedish coin door, the more I just didn't want to use it.

So I hopped on Ebay and bought the ugliest coin door I have seen in a good long while :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111003542633&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:CA:3160#ht_1188wt_1397

It is beat up, but I have the parts in the garage to make it look like new again.. And it come with the Coin Mechs for quarters!, Where as my current one takes 5 different kinds of Swedish currency.

So I will toss it onto Ebay in a week or so and make the money back on it.

The Cabinet will be here Wednesday, so by Friday I should have at least some progress! Thanks again Mameman! I can't wait to see it!

Well,

I have had several unusual issues with my computer. Enough to make me figure that Server 2003 was causing the issues.. Then I went to XP. Issues continued. Random, odd, weird issues. Turns out Monster Digital had a bad batch of 120GB SSDs and I got one of them. So they are shipping me a 240GB SSD as a replacement for it. Good of them to take care of their customers.

The Cabinet will be here tomorrow, so I will be busy working on it for a bit anyway.

It seems as such. Only time will tell though.

My most recent issue was the DMDs were corrupting. I could delete the registry entry and they would display jsut fine. But as soon as they saved, and were loaded again, the DMD was displayed as a few blue/Grey lines Filling about a 1/4 of the DMD area. Future Pinball would absolutely refuse to run, and then it would run perfectly. So I formatted my PC, reloaded 2k3 again.. Exact same issue. So I formatted again and started completely from scratch.... Same issue.

I then formatted and loaded XP. Inside XP, neither FP Nor VP were stable. With sporadic errors, from roms not being found, even though they were in the folder.. and MAME said they were good.. to games randomly crashing. So I formatted again and loaded Windows 7 64 bit. During the install came the final clue. The C drive kept corrupting the c:\ Secure folder. I called Monster and as soon as I gave him the serial number, he knew what the issue was.

They are currently shipping me a 240 GB SSD to replace my 120.

I got another art update from my artist!!

These are the pencils for the Decepticons that will be on the right side.

post-38539-142870584408_thumb.jpg

Archived