Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

bsnes = higan

5thWolf

So, apparently byuu has changed the name of "bsnes" to "higan" and has released a new version accordingly with the new name.

So... for those of you whom use bsnes, now you get higan. same thing just different name. higan (bsnes) 0.92 is now released.

Not sure why the name change, but I liked the original name.

Higan is a Japanese holiday for Buddhists. I think from Spring to Autumn.

Hope it is not a temporary name from spring to autumn.

Higan is the Multi Emulator now that he develops.

It supports:

-Famicom

-Super Famicom

-Game Boy

-Game Boy Color

-Game Boy Advance

-Nintendo DS

But of course Bsnes is still the Framework for the Super Famicom.

bsnes was a multi-system for a while. they implemented NDS at version .90. and all the older ones way before that.

Byuu clearly stats higan is the new name for bsnes.

"The first official release of higan has been posted. higan is the new name for bsnes, and it continues with the latter's version numbering."

I definitely agree. Though it is an amazing emu over all, it is a major pain to use. Converting roms and so on.

However, since I use zsnes, it might behoove me to use higan to help garantee proper function in future windows releases compared to DOS based zsnes. :P

I definitely agree. Though it is an amazing emu over all, it is a major pain to use. Converting roms and so on.

However, since I use zsnes, it might behoove me to use higan to help garantee proper function in future windows releases compared to DOS based zsnes. :P

Its the same pain in the butt as updating your mame rom set. :P

Its the same pain in the butt as updating your mame rom set. :P

How come ?

Once you have your libray imported you just have to update higan without the need to change anything in your library. It's juste like updating iTunes : you download the update, install it, and you're ready to go like before.

• 3 weeks later...

It's working pretty well for me, and I'm able to use whatever roms I throw at it so far without converting anything. It's also worth noting that you don't have to use "rom folders" unless you want to.

Running the performance executable, I haven't had any issues at all (On a 1.6ghz Core 2 Duo) as far as sound/framerate hiccups. I think I can make this work but it has one problem with the current

official bsnes .ahk file that I could use a hand with - It's just not exiting properly so I keep having to go into my process list and kill hyperlaunch. I'm gonna try to read up on all the classes/functions

on the Hyperlaunch documentation to see what I can do, but I welcome any suggestions!

• 1 month later...

I agree, I use higan_v092-64bit now, *.sfc roms work without any special renaming and fullscreen works too. The only problem is really that current ahk from bsnes (where it only needs to replace "bsnes" with "higan") does not kill hyperlaunch process. Otherwise, works great (higan-balanced.exe profile) and looks gorgeous with CRT emulating shader ("cgwg-CRT-v5.OpenGL.shader")

This is the module im using,it will kill hyperlaunch.

Thank You, I can confirm it works great for "higan_v092-64bit". I mapped L3+R3 on PS3 Dualshock3 inside the emulator for exitting and it works very nice.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I have all sorts of game genie codes but I can use them and have an snes bezel with bsnes. I can access them if I got full screen with no bezel because the gui allows displaying even in full screen mode. I can't find a hotkey to display cheats and am sad that I can't bezel this system. Does anyone know how to bezel bsnes and also have the flexibility of select cheat codes from the gui? I can't figure out how to gain focus of the gui

Thanks

Archived