Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Namco Time Crisis Gun Mod with Aimtrak with Recoil kit

Drakin

Hello all,

This will be a work in progress....I have had requests to do this mod for a member so I will document it here for you all.

I'll start out with some teaser pics for now...Being that I had gotten these this week and it's mothers day this weekend I don't think I'll get time to do any modding...if I do get a chance to do some I'll be sure to post updates.

Anyway here is some eye candy!!

MVC-006F_zpsi5evlg7g.jpgMVC-003F_zpsy2gut82r.jpgMVC-004F_zpsphde2bpy.jpgMVC-002F_zps5aeiznq6.jpgMVC-005F_zps7bmseure.jpg

Be interesting to see how this goes. Was thinking of doing the same thing as I already have an aimtrak with recoil. Maybe this could be a guide for all those out there wanting to do the same thing :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Gun Innards, I would like to keep the original wires that are encased.. 

MVC-001F_zpsod48veqr.jpg

Bad Pic...looking to see where to install Aimtrak...if I put there I'll have to "cut" to make fit....not sure if I like it.

MVC-005F_zpsxarejmnx.jpg

MVC-003F_zpsnkjjjqii.jpg

To be continued....

I just finished modding 2 of those guns about a month ago. I only have pics of the insides after I put them together, but I don't want to hijack your thread so I will hold off on posting anything.

I had recycled the wires that it came with, however, I added 2 18 gauge wires and piped them through because the original wires got a bit hot. If you do this, make sure you mark the one that will be used for ground. There is only1 thick wire in the existing harness, so if make sure you use that one if you aren't going to wire a few extra in. The smaller wires won't handle it.

I basically just cut the wires and soldered the halves of a USB cable to each end. I originally planned on using the unused ting wires to hook up a pedal to the aimtrak AUX button, but I got lazy.

Make sure that you wrap the boards in shrink tubes or electrician's tape, since they will be sitting on top of each other.

I am still looking into a way to wire up the rumble. I think there are switching regulators that will extract take 24v to 3v. I am guessing that the motor is 3v based n what the x360 contrller uses. I don't know if I would want full power though, so going lower is an option.

Also, I cut the camera off the aimtrak and extended it. One of the traces lifted off the camera board and killed it, but I was able to use a spare from another aimtrak I fried... So it is risky to go that route. I used a razor blade to cut the 8 solder points that had held the camera onto the board. If you do this, then make sure you only touch those points. A slip can easily cut right through a trace, which will cause a headache to fix and rewire.

I am not an electronics expert and this is the first time I really attempted anything like that. So don't think that I have all the answers.

Yep got my Namco guns waiting for this also, from past posts removing the camera from the board and soldering wires to extend it seems definitely the way to go.

There is a really good thread here http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=119610.0

It would be good to get a step by step guide and also one with a second button fitted for reload (aswell as pointing away) and grenades, duck etc on games like T2 andf time crisis.

The guy on there did not cut his guns plastics at all which sound like a really good option if possible.

Watching this and interested in the outcome, good work!!

I just finished modding 2 of those guns about a month ago. I only have pics of the insides after I put them together, but I don't want to hijack your thread so I will hold off on posting anything.

I had recycled the wires that it came with, however, I added 2 18 gauge wires and piped them through because the original wires got a bit hot. If you do this, make sure you mark the one that will be used for ground. There is only1 thick wire in the existing harness, so if make sure you use that one if you aren't going to wire a few extra in. The smaller wires won't handle it.

I basically just cut the wires and soldered the halves of a USB cable to each end. I originally planned on using the unused ting wires to hook up a pedal to the aimtrak AUX button, but I got lazy.

Make sure that you wrap the boards in shrink tubes or electrician's tape, since they will be sitting on top of each other.

I am still looking into a way to wire up the rumble. I think there are switching regulators that will extract take 24v to 3v. I am guessing that the motor is 3v based n what the x360 contrller uses. I don't know if I would want full power though, so going lower is an option.

I'm good with you posting the innards of your gun if you would like...may help me out or others that want to tackle this mod.

I think I've got an idea on mounting the Aimtrak without having to take it apart..which I like so if for whatever reason it fails it would be a easy replacement by the end user.

I have actually ordered the USB ends that your talking about...and thanks for the heads up on the wire getting HOT!! I would not have figured that.

I only have 1 image, I thought I took more. It is also on page 6 of the arcadecontrols link that fire10 posted.

I extended the camera using a cut IDE cable, so I did not have to mod the plastics. However, the real advantage to that is with being able to clean up the end so that the AimTrak camera board is not exposed. You can see the camera poking out of the round peace of plastic. I then hot-glued the plastic on an angle, similar to how the camera is mounted on the original board.

The blue wires are what I piped through. The AimTrak and recoil kit are wrapped and stacked on top of each other. Also, I grounded the MOSFET that is on the recoil board. I ground it using that wire that is screwed to the bottom of the solenoid bracket by wrapping the other end of the wire around the hole on the MOSFET.

Also, make sure that the camera is mounted level with the gun. So facing the screen, the camera should not be tilted left or right. If it is slightly tilted, then moving left and right across the screen will not be strait, and that will affect calibration. The gun will always be off. If it is level, then calibrating will result in a prefect aim. The mouse follows the gun's site perfectly.

4t661f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry guys its been crazy here at the home front...I have finally gotten all the parts I needed to finish this gun mod...now hoping I can get a few hours to finish...I'll post pics and write up as soon as I can.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived