Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Vewlix Slim

ericleroi

Thanks very much for the feedback :)

@Metalzoic, thanks. There are a number of reasons really:

- It's a 24 inch screen so the cabinet is not actually that wide so a 2 player CP would be a little cramped. The decision to go 'Slim' was based on space constraints of my gaming room as I have a number of other project builds to accommodate.

- I don't have any friends who are into the types of games/fighting games I play on the cabinet so a 2 player panel would be mostly redundant.

- My son, who I do play some fighting games with, prefers to use a pad rather than a stick - had he been interested in learning, I would have thought about updating to a 2 player panel.

- If I do end up moving to a new house with more room, I'll build another one for the hell of it along with a more traditional style cabinet.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Retro Goonie. It's only been 6 years in the making!

Literally? Holy hell that's a long time!

I'd lose my mind. Ha!

From the day I thought "it would be cool to make a Hyperspin machine" to the day I put my finished artwork on it was 3 months to the day. 2/08/15 to 5/08/15 and I felt like I was taking forever.

Literally? Holy hell that's a long time!

I'd lose my mind. Ha!

From the day I thought "it would be cool to make a Hyperspin machine" to the day I put my finished artwork on it was 3 months to the day. 2/08/15 to 5/08/15 and I felt like I was taking forever.

It is a long time although it's been completed in phases to try and give it a more original look. In 2009, the original build looked like this:

VewlixSlimFullCab1.jpg

I didn't like the profile on it so in 2012 I decided to build the back out slightly to give it a better proportioned shape:

Picture014.jpg

VewlixSlimSideMinusArt.jpg

I also updated the front section to include dual stereo speakers and included a subwoofer. The original front wasn't like the real Vewlix at all. Here you can see the original speaker panel from 2009:

TELogo.jpg

I adjusted the top and bottom to include the new speakers:

c3376c5f-a37e-4ab5-bb44-c058167acdc0_zps

This latest phase was to replace the old 'Tournament Edition' badge, update the artwork (CP, topper and marquee), make an improved 8 button panel layout and generally tidy everything up.

The original basic build was a solid one and a good basis for improving. I'm glad I revisited it as it looks much improved now.

Amazing build!

I'm curious about your CP mounted coin slots.  Any chance you could upload pics of them from underneath the CP?  Also, link to where you got them?  Thanks!

Thanks :) I spent a lot of time looking for these. Here's a picture showing the underneath of the coin slot. It attaches using small bolts:

CoinSlotBack_zpshuzvrq2x.jpg

I bought 3 of them from a source in the UK from here:

http://www.giz10p.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=310

thanks for that ericleroi , I am currently building a Vewlix arcade and have a million different ideas running through my head with regards to just running hyperspin ( currently pulling my hair out with it ) or souring and xbox 360 ( modded) with games on an external hardive and the usual Sanwa controls .

i did run into a bit of a hiccup though as i got the details of a company in Aus that supplies the bare MDF vewlix panelling for a decent price so i ordered that but whilst waiting i found a Vewlix L Arcade 32 inch cabinet for $700 with jamma board etc so i bought that too and will try and sell once i built my cab  . My wife was not impressed but my Son was hahaah

A real one ... very cool! Is the MDF build from Aracdeworx? If so, it looks like a great cabinet

Hi there . troy from Arcade worx is getting it sorted so fingers crossed it arrives and away i go .. The vewlix Cab is nice however it has a jamma board with some good games but no Mortal kombat which leaves a bad taste in my mouth ahhahahahah

@Silverback and @dxorcist, thanks very much for the comments ... appreciated :)

@thrasherx, it's just for show at the moment. I will, however, figure out a way to include a proper mech at some point. Cab build stage 4!

@ggood82, the Arcadeworx cab looks like a good one. If I had that real Vewlix, I'd probably mod it to allow me to play console/PC games. I definitely couldn't let it go that's for sure.

So I just recieved my flat pack 32 inch vewlix cab from arcade worx so the build starts .... will start a seperate thread to track my build and update the progress, costs etc .

If my cab can look remotely like your one I will be extremely pleased.

Cheers

• 1 year later...

Archived