Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Just bought a racing simulator

Hyperion

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nevermind. I'm sorry I brought it up. You just cherry picked the one right above it to support your argument.

(If you look at the entry DIRECTLY above the one you cherry picked, its $300 - yes, AMD is cheaper, but not by the extremely wide margin you're making it out to be in this specific example you choose to use to try and over prove your point)

Awww... No Your Research Is Correct, But I Was Going With My Scenario Based On What I Have And The One Related As Far As Specs, It Jus So Happened Intel Was THAT Much More, And You're Right Above That Is $100.00 More For A Lil Bit More Speed. So It's A Matter Of Who Shot First Han Or Greedo And Han Shot First In My Case, My Intention Is Not To Prove I'm Right, I Was Going For The Obvious For Choice. =) *cheers*

I want to make the position of my pedals adjustable. What's the best way to accomplish this? I was thinking of using a car seat slider. FYI I'm mounting my G25 pedals decased and upside down.

Standby for Pictures of my build so far...

I want to use missile switches like these for the TV, PC and PS3 power ON. Any ideas on how to do this? The TV switch could be a simple power switch and the PC could be a momentary switch but the PS3 is less obvious.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OFF-ON-12V-RED-LED-LIGHT-12mm-TOGGLE-SWITCH-BLACK-MISSILE-COVER-/290884663117?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43ba13b74d

Or One Of These Like I Have, 1 Master Outlet Senses The Power On And Turns On The Rest That Are Plugged Into The Slaves Also On At The Same Time, Jus In Case Some Of The HDMI Equipment Isn't Compatible With The Way You Said Markel.

Thanks guys,

I've bought 5 black covers (they were too cheap to pass up) and a red one for TV. I've also bought 2 momentary toggles and a regular power toggle. I'll wire the power toggle to the TV and the momentary switch to the PC. For the PS3 I think I might try hacking the PS button on one of the cheapo controller I have lying around. I hope that using one of momentary toggles will work for that.

The HDMI trick is a great idea that I'd forgotten about. The only downside is that when I want to just use the PC the PS3 will still turn on when I turn on the TV.

It's gonna look cool with the wheels!

I'm going to paint the alloys black and dress up the rubber with some tire black.

The switch board will be on the dash and I'll also put a numpad on the right there above the flight stick. Not sure what I'll use it for but I think it'll make it look more cockpit-like.

I want to make the position of my pedals adjustable. What's the best way to accomplish this? I was thinking of using a car seat slider. FYI I'm mounting my G25 pedals decased and upside down.

Standby for Pictures of my build so far...

I made my seat adjustable instead....

Based on your pictures, how are you going to get in and out of the thing? You can't use the steering wheel as a grab point like in a rear car - its not built strong enough.

I made my seat adjustable instead....

Based on your pictures, how are you going to get in and out of the thing? You can't use the steering wheel as a grab point like in a rear car - its not built strong enough.

An excellent question. The side walls are going to be made strong and wide enough to climb on. I designed them with this in mind. I also had the idea today to include a tiny step ladder like fighter jets do. ;)

My seat is adjustable too. Having the pedals adjustable is just to accommodate the flight sim mode. When in flight mode it's more comfortable to slide the seat back a bit but then it is harder to reach the pedals that can be used as rudder controls.

Can you use the Logitech G25 pedals for flying sims?

I've been thinking about getting a joystick and throttle lately too for my cabinet, but I just don't think the design of mine really works for that. Its pretty tight as it is (much like a real sports car.... lol)

Can you use the Logitech G25 pedals for flying sims?

I've been thinking about getting a joystick and throttle lately too for my cabinet, but I just don't think the design of mine really works for that. Its pretty tight as it is (much like a real sports car.... lol)

Allegedly, but I haven't tried it myself. I haven't even plugged in my flight stick yet.

I wonder if that breaks the G25 pedals regular usage as racing pedals? Sorry, I didn't read all the article as I'm about to turn in for the night. My flight stick supports rudder controls by twisting the stick, anyway, but the pedals would be cooler.

It's a mess of erased lines and transparent features but hopefully this conveys the basic profile of the Batmobile.The TV will sit on it's stand on the flat section of the bonnet. All the previous designs had the rear wings about 1.5 - 2 times larger but this is the first to scale drawing I've done and I think that these more modest wings are more appropriate.

892836_580716381952381_217833695_o.jpg

I've been thinking of doing this to mine as well. Go go Mech sims!

I have a 32" screen in my cabinet, mounted to where the center of the screen is 32" away from my eye socket (approx). So if you go to a 46", you should probably plan to be at least ~46" back.

I placed my 46" TV in place the other day and I think that maybe I went too big. The width is fine but it's a bit too tall making the horizon line unnaturally high.

Maybe increasing the height of the seat is a good idea after all. ;)

EDIT: I've since realised that I mistakenly placed the TV on a 600mm stool when in actual fact the TV's stand will rest on the 500mm tall bonnet.

Archived