Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

46" / 30" /DMD" Planet Pinball Widebody

tyson171

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27150[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27149[/ATTACH]

Hmm, so is the lift channel just supposed to half ass lay in the h-channel or is it secured somehow? Looks like this one is a little big, or I just missing something.

Yeah I thought the same thing. I hope that's not how today's machines are built. The fit is terrible. I threw away the H-channel and routed a nice channel in the top of the speaker panel so it can slide into snugly.

Gil

• 2 years later...

So its been about 2 years, and bringing this Virtual Pinball Cab back from the dead!  Life, school, ect got in the way a couple of years ago, and I never finished my cab.  Recently I've been determined to get my cabinet back on track, so here we go!

From where I left off, I got the legs mounted, buttons drilled out, back box completed, mounted, Coin Door installed, installed Zeb's plunger today (just drilled and plate, and I mounted my dmd panel along with a piece of plexi that I painted to make a border around the TV.  Also installed the PC Component drawer.

543685B4-EE61-41CF-962F-77344BF8CB41.jpg

001C78EF-9238-476F-BBBA-2D30D9D899C0.jpg
1AFDEC82-9A2F-46D2-8B6C-75376B096B93.jpg
B968ACFD-938A-4AD7-BCD5-E076DB7BD466.jpg

So next on my list is bondo/black paint.  Going to work on getting that done in the next couple of days.  I still haven't figured out my artwork yet.  I really liked the Big Bang Pin artwork that Chriz99 did, I reached out to the original artist to potentially change some things up/rework the artwork to make them stand apart, but I wasn't successful.(I never heard anything)  I also don't want to spend $500+ dollars on a custom commission piece, so I really don't know where I want to go with the art now (Suggestions anyone? :)

Also, should I really wait until I get my artwork back in and apply before I reassemble and start wiring, or is that something that can be done after the fact?

Speaking of wiring, I don't have a clue from 2 years ago now.  I bought Zebs board - (pics below), shaker motor and gear motor, from Zeb (it has a small board already mounted) and two sets of LED bars.(5 LEDS each, one for the top of the play field, and another to set on the back box)

Anyone have any Diagrams for these?  Do I need any fuses or Relays for any of this using these boards?  I have 8 24V Siemens Contactors I'll be using also -

D630C6CE-B3F2-41BD-B445-31A6E2F31593.jpg
EBEE4B89-F2A9-4993-B3BC-FC39C65487F3.jpg

For the two LED bars, I want to say I remember needing to wire these in series(top bar to play field bar) - anyone have any suggestions on the best way to do this?  I would like to make a disconnect type option above where the TV slides in for maintenance reasons.

I was going to use 20 AWG Stranded hook-up wire, anything wrong with this?  I was thinking maybe 6 25' rolls?  Will that be enough?

Also probably need some blocks to distribute power ect, anyone have a point of reference for just all of the miscellaneous wiring terminal blocks, connectors ect?

Also have a real Vishay DMD, transformer, pindmd2 , and dmd Piggyback board to wire up.  I have all the crimps I need for the board and connectors, but I'm not sure on how to wire power to the transformer.  My "thought" is to just splice the transformer into an existing PC style power cord, with a 5amp fuse (i'm really just guessing, I think I saw this somewhere, will definitely need to do more research before I just go to town on this).

I know I have about 10 different questions here!  I appreciate any feedback at all!

Anyone have any recommended artist?  I'm looking to do something similar to what Chriz99 did with his Big Bang Pin, but I want to change some of the characters around and make our side artist stand apart.  I really like the big bang bar artwork, and I may just use that, but my front buttons don't line up perfectly with that artwork, so I'm really considering spending the money to get the artwork I want. 

I reached out to shadman, but I haven't heard a response, so looking for any other well known artist.

Anyone have any recommended artist?  I'm looking to do something similar to what Chriz99 did with his Big Bang Pin, but I want to change some of the characters around and make our side artist stand apart.  I really like the big bang bar artwork, and I may just use that, but my front buttons don't line up perfectly with that artwork, so I'm really considering spending the money to get the artwork I want. 

I reached out to shadman, but I haven't heard a response, so looking for any other well known artist.

You should try Josh White, he has worked with me very recently and produced some excellent artwork for my arcade cab. Josh works very closely with Brad Bowman who offers a superb printing service. I highly recommend both these guys.  :thumbsup:

Their threads are pinned/stickied in the HyperSpin Cabinets and Projects forum: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/164-hyperspin-cabinets-and-projects/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Zeb!  Pacman is the next project! 

So I've been wiring for a couple of days, and just a couple simple questions.

I've got some 12v buttons in the front of the cab with c161 bulbs and the buttons have 2 prongs, - and +, and then the buttons just have a normal microswitch. I know I get my 12v power from the booster board, but for the - return on the lighted buttons do I just take that to the appropriate section on the booster board for each button right?  And then just wire the microswitch up to an ipac for instance?  I guess what I'm confirming is that the Led Wiz doesn't actually take keyboard commands, it just controls the lighting and toys right?

Similar for the gear motor and shaker, I have the combo gear/shaker setup with the controller board, so I hook up 12v and ground to the power plug off of my PSU, and then take the single wire coming off of the shaker and the single wire coming off of the gear motor to the - return to the appropriate labeled section the the booster board?

Thanks! 

I think I've got everything correct up above.  I'll have a couple of 12v push buttons with lights that won't get hooked up to the virtual output kit, for those two, can I just run 12v and ground to them so they always stay lit? 

Pincab looks great Tyson!

Ledwiz is just for led/toy control. No keyboard encoding. That's ipac territory.

If memory serves me correct you have some extra 12v and ground connections on Zebs booster that can power your front cab lights. Or yes, you can power them from your psu.

Junky

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Looking awesome and very, very clean. I was considering building one of these myself, but this looks beyond what I have the tools and space to build.

Lucian printed the art for my Hyperspin cab and I agree, pics don't do justice at all to the color and quality of his prints.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived