Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Goldentee settings mame 162

ninja2bceen

I get some echo too. But playable for sure. Don't think it's a pc issue. I have a 4th gen i7 and a good graphics card. Played 9 holes no problem. Fun as hell.

Doesn't echo all the time either. I had some mega stutter when you put your initials in.

Not sure why anyone is renaming stuff.

If you right click the game and go properties> audit you will find under the details not found! no good dump known. I think we can't fix this and we hope for a new mame to gut the bug. Still totally worth the update just for this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dunno. I don't have a beast of a computer (i5) and it runs ok for me... A little stuttering but completely playable all the way through. Highly doubt you'll see any hacks to fix this. Only updates to the source over time.

- J*

Renamed the CHD and now it runs, not sure if that was the right way to go about it but ehhh whatever.

Jeremy,

How did you get this to work?  I tried renaming the complete .CHD to the filename for GTFORE05 (golf_fore_2005_v5.01.06.chd).  It runs up to the "System Status Ok... Initializing, Please Wait." and never goes further.

The others have already made good suggestions as to what you can do to improve the sound/performance of GTfore06.

I'm running an i7-3770 at 3.4Ghz and the audio stutters are minimum with my resolution set to "Low_Alt" in the Dip Settings.

R.Belmont has recently suggested that Ted has done some "fine tuning" so maybe we can expect those improvements in v.163 later this month.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel really dumb... I have golden tee complete 06 working outside of hyperspin just fine but I just loaded the 162 database for gtfore06 and it tries to load the game but sticks on the fade screen and of I alt tab I see mame with a pop up saying

no games matching for goldentee_6.00.01, hit ok then goldentee v6.00.01 approximately matches the following supported machines best match first, ok pressed then I get other pop ups that ask me to push ok....

Compgolf, ok, cmprogolf, ok, crgolf, ok crgolfc, ok, dygolf, fitegolf, okggreats2,ok,glfgreat ok, glfgreatf,gpgolf, lady golf, mgolf,mini golf, mjegoldf,mt_tgolf,opengolf

I have rom check set to rom only.... What am I missing here?it works in mameuifx just fine outside of hyperspin. I see a chd folder for gtfore01,02.03.04.05.06

Note my set is for .162 and 7z files, there are no errors in hyperlaunch either but something is happening in mame? I'm using the module for .149 still. When I use .159 version I get a different error. Maybe I have to upgrade to rocket launcher to get 162 to work

I feel really dumb... I have golden tee complete 06 working outside of hyperspin just fine but I just loaded the 162 database for gtfore06 and it tries to load the game but sticks on the fade screen and of I alt tab I see mame with a pop up saying

no games matching for goldentee_6.00.01, hit ok then goldentee v6.00.01 approximately matches the following supported machines best match first, ok pressed then I get other pop ups that ask me to push ok....

Compgolf, ok, cmprogolf, ok, crgolf, ok crgolfc, ok, dygolf, fitegolf, okggreats2,ok,glfgreat ok, glfgreatf,gpgolf, lady golf, mgolf,mini golf, mjegoldf,mt_tgolf,opengolf

I have rom check set to rom only.... What am I missing here?it works in mameuifx just fine outside of hyperspin. I see a chd folder for gtfore01,02.03.04.05.06

Note my set is for .162 and 7z files, there are no errors in hyperlaunch either but something is happening in mame? I'm using the module for .149 still. When I use .159 version I get a different error. Maybe I have to upgrade to rocket launcher to get 162 to work

Uncheck "ROM only". Gtfore06 only has a CHD.

To eliminate audio stutter:

Use mame32fx:

Settings:

- Under controllers enable mouse support

- Under Sound, select Direct Sound.

- Set sampling Rate to 11025

- Set audio latency slider to 5/5 (far right).

Launch the game, set the dip switch settings to low resolution and re-start mame.

It's running full speed without stutter on an old core i5.

Archived