By Wally WonkaHyperBase - Added on 8/11/2016 - Circo
Full set of 3D box art for Atari 2600. Most of these boxes were already made by rattlesnakeyes and 32assassin. I made custom boxes for many of the unlicensed games and prototypes in the current Atari 2600 database.
By LazzeriNow that was painful. :-D
I´ve downloaded a total of four Atari Boxes pack, both 2D and 3D, from you guys but I´ve faced some problems with it so I decided to update it and make it OCD-ready. ;-)
Here´s what I did:
- A LOT of boxes had no images at all. Now each one of the 648 games at the HyperList 1.0 have an image, even if a "Homebrew" or "Prototype" mock-up
- The resolutions were all over the place, from 200 px to 800 px wide. All lo-res pics were redownloaded. Now every image is exactly 600 px wide OR 850 px tall (wichever reached first);
- A lot of games had low quality scans. Those were replaced;
- A lot of late, poorly distributed Atari games were sold with NO boxes at all (E.G. Eli´s Ladder). For those i´ve used a manual scan instead.
- A few games were packed-in with special controllers or acessories. For those I´ve added the entire pack box (E.G. Survival Run, Spitfire Attack)
- Most of homebrews were released without boxes. For those, manual was used WHEN POSSIBLE. Some of them didn´t even had a manual available.
- There were a lot of obscure European games with no boxes at all. For those I´ve made individual mock-ups using cart scans + other boxed as model (E.G. Topy). Ain´t great but it works.
I´ve changed almost 400 of the 648 box scans. It seems pretty standarized right now. Bear in mind that there is A LOT of different box formats but hey! Not my fault! :-D
By Wally WonkaI uploaded this set a while ago but I have since updated some boxes, such as the Bit Corporation, Xonox, and Sancho games. Others too.