About This File
*** THIS FILE IS AVAILABLE TO HYPERSPIN SUBSCRIBERS ONLY ***
Dear HyperSpin friends,
I've put together a package of sorts, aimed at HyperSpin newcomers and veterans alike.
I've been continuously grooming a custom "best of MAME" database, bezel set, and MAME ini file set for quite a while now. My goal is to provide something that someone can drop into a fresh setup or custom wheel and be up and running right away. I intend to release updates to the individual downloads on a periodic basis, so check the change logs for more information going forward.
The package is split into three parts, as follows. Put together, these downloads will have results as shown in the screenshots.
- HyperSpin MAME.xml database (THIS DOWNLOAD, see below for details)
- Corresponding RocketLauncher bezel set (Link)
- MAME ini files (Link)
This download contains a custom "best of MAME" HyperSpin XML database. It contains both standard ROM-based games as well as some CHD-based games. It may be copied over an existing MAME.xml file and run against a full romset to achieve a pared down result.
The database was developed for a 2-player cabinet with standard orientation, 8-way joysticks and six buttons per player. There is no trackball or spinner on the control panel. So that being said, following are the requirements kept in mind as I develop it:
- Top 350-ish working MAME arcade games (totally subjective, of course)
- Based on official HS MAME database
- I'm in the US and think the US loading screens are cool, so I've included most US clones instead of parent ROMs (exception being where parent version is much preferred)
- 2-player clones of 3+ player games are included instead of parents (ex: TMNT and X-Men)
- No driving, spinner, dial, trackball, analog, or really custom control games (apologies to many great games)
- Download file
- Make a backup of your existing MAME.xml
- Copy file into your \HyperSpin\Databases\MAME folder, and rename it to MAME.xml
List of included games (by ROM name):
1942 1944 1941u 1943kai 1943u 1945kiii 19xx 3countb 3wondersu aerofgts airwolf aliens aliensyn alpham2 altbeast armwaru astdelux astorm astyanax asurabus asterix atetris avspu baddudes batcir batmanfr batrideru batsugunsp bbakraid berzerk bgaregga bionicc2 bjtwin blazstar blitz2k blktiger bloodbro bloxeedu bnj bombjack boogwing bosco bstars2 btime btoads bubbles bublboblr bubsymphu buckyuab bwidow cabal captavenu captcommu choplift circusc cloak cninjau commando contra cotton2 cottonbm cottonu crimecu crimfght cstlevna ctribe cyvern darius2 dariusg dariusu dassault dbreed dbz ddonpach ddp2 ddpdojblk ddragon2u ddragon3 ddragonu ddsomu ddtodu deadconx defender digdug dimahoou dinou dkong dkong3 dkongjr dkongx docastle donpachi dowild dragnblz drmario dsaber dsmbl dstlku dungeonm dynwar eagle ecofghtru edrandy eightman elevator elvactr esprade eswatu excitebk fatfursp fatfury1 feversos ffightub finalbu foodf footchmp frogger frontlin funkyjet futariblj ga2 gaiapols gaiden galaga galaxian gallop gaplus garou gaunt22p gauntleg gauntlet2p gberet gground ghostb ghoulsu gijoeu gnbarich gngt goldnaxe gorf gradius gradius2 gradius3 gradius4 grdians growlu gunbird gunbird2 gunforc2 gunsmokeu guwange gyruss hcastle hharryu hitice hotdogst indytemp inthunt invaders jojo jojoba joust jrpacman jungleh junofrst karianx kengo kingdmgp kinst kinst2 knightsu kodu kof98 kotm kotm2 kungfumd kyros ladybug lastblad lastbld2 lifefrcej lightbr liquidku loht lrescue lwings macross magdrop3 mainevt2p mappy mario matmania mazinger megaman megaman2 mercsu metamrphj mikie mk mk2 moomesauac mooncrst mp_gaxe2 mp_sor2 mpatrol mrdo mrdrillr mshu mshvsfu mslug mslug2 mslug3 mslug4 mslug5 mslugx mspacman mtrap mushisam mvscu mwalku mysticri mystwarru nam1975 narc nastarw nbajam nbbatman ncommand nemesis nibbler ninjaku nitd nitrobal nrallyx nslasheru nspirit numanath nwarru openice osman outfxies outzone pacman pacmania pang3 panic paperboy pbobble pengo pepper2 pgoal phoenix popeye prehisleu progear psychic5 pulstar punchout punisher puyo puyopuy2 pyros qbert qix quartet2 raiden raiden2 raidendxu rallybik rampage rastsaga rbff2 rbibb rbisland rbtapper rdft2u redearth rfjetu roboarmy robocopu robotron rtype2 rtypeleoj rtypeu rygar s1945 s1945ii s1945iii s1945p salmndr2 samsho samsho2 scobra scramble sengoku2 sf2ceuc sfa2u sfa3u sfau sfiii2 sfiii3u sfiiiu shadfrceu shinobi shocktro simpsons2p slammastu sncwgltd snowbros socbrawl sokyugrt sonicwi2 sonicwi3 soulclbruc spelunkr spf2t spidmanu splatter ssf2tu ssridersubc strider supermanu superpac superspy suprmrio svc tankbatt tengai tgm2p timeplt tmnt22pu tmnt2po tnzs toobin trackfld tron truxton2 turfmast twincobru uballoon uccopsar umk3 uopoko vanguard vendetta2pw viewpoin vigilantg viostormu vsav2 vsavu wakuwak7 warriorb wboy willowu wjammers wof wow wwfmania wwfsstaru7 wwfwfest xevious xmcotau xmen2pa xmvsfu zaxxon zookeep
What's New in Version 0.189 See changelog
- Updated to match MAME 0.189
- A couple of ROM names changed between 0.180 and 0.189 (wwfsstars and vendetta clones, in particular)
- Further groomed the list to include several foreign "better versions" (i.e. rastsaga vs rastanu) - key requirement was that in-game text needed to be in English
- A handful of additions and removals, net total is about the same
- Total "Best Of MAME" is now 366 games