Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Soooooo....I set up my controls in PA and now when it launches it open PA and selects everything just fine but doesn't have sound.  Sound option in in PA options. I have been trying to figure this out for a couple hours now and can't fix it.  It will even be muted when launching the PinballArcade.exe.  I have noticed that the sound works if you change the .exe to anything but PinballArcade but obviosly that will cause it to not run properly.  There has to be a simple solution that i am missing.  Please help.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soooooo....I set up my controls in PA and now when it launches it open PA and selects everything just fine but doesn't have sound.  Sound option in in PA options. I have been trying to figure this out for a couple hours now and can't fix it.  It will even be muted when launching the PinballArcade.exe.  I have noticed that the sound works if you change the .exe to anything but PinballArcade but obviosly that will cause it to not run properly.  There has to be a simple solution that i am missing.  Please help.

I realized it's muted until it get to the table...Sorry, please ignore.

The module auto-mutes the sound when it launches. After 30 seconds when it gives you control back you should be able to simply turn the volume back up.

You could also try changing the Mute Emulator On Fade setting from step 3 back to false or default, but I've found that can cause issues with it launching and navigating smoothly. Still worth a try.

• 1 month later...

Ahh getting crazy, struggling all day with this, reading all 12 pages and trying things but without luck:

• I downloaded the 1.49.9 non-steam version and updated with seperate files to 1.50.10.
  • DX9 and DX11 are working outside RL/HS.
  • Copied your .ahk and .isd in the Pinball Arcade module folder.
  • Renamed my PinballArcade11.exe to PinballArcade.exe
  • Edited the Pinball Arcade Emulator screen as show in your example and added the path to my exe: G:\Emulators\Pinball Arcade\PinballArcade.exe
  • In RL set to Rom Only and Mute Emulator on Fade to True
  • Changed all module settings as told (added Enter key as my Enter Key, My Tables empty and All_Tables to True)
  • Downloaded your XML

When I select a game from RL, Pinball Arcade is starting, the Mute is working, after a while the Mute ends but nothing happens after that. It's not browsing to the right table. It just stays on the 1st Start Screen. Also the Esc is not working when in-game, I'll have to click on Exit Game to exit.

So it looks like the module isn't working at all. However the No-Nag is working when starting from RL.

Last thing I tried was (after reading the module info, was giving RocketLauncher and PinballArcade admin rights....and after that...it worked.....pffffff.....maybe also something for your tutorial.

So maybe djvj and you can update the module to the latest (working) version to 1.50.10 and change the module info to Rom Only (for non-steam users).

PS. is there a video pack for the tables somewhere?

Last thing I tried was (after reading the module info, was giving RocketLauncher and PinballArcade admin rights....and after that...it worked.....pffffff.....maybe also something for your tutorial.

So maybe djvj and you can update the module to the latest (working) version to 1.50.10 and change the module info to Rom Only (for non-steam users).

PS. is there a video pack for the tables somewhere?

Weird. I've never had anyone need to set RL or TPA with admin rights to get it to work before (neither of them have Admin rights on my cab). Strange that you did. Maybe a Windows change or RL change...

Not sure what you mean by updating the module to 1.50.10 because that is what it's already updated too. I imagine it won't ever be updated beyond that until it's decided to build an entirely new module.

The tutorial already says to set SkipChecks to Rom only for non-Steam versions. I'll add the bit about Admin rights though. There are video packs, I think even horizontal and vertical versions. Maybe at emumovies?

can someone send me the files for this?

I downloaded the 1.49.9 non-steam version and updated with seperate files to 1.50.10. I cant seem to find the files to get to 1.50.10

I don't understand what you mean. All the files in the first post are for 1.50.10

Or did you mean you're looking for cracked game files for 1.50.10? I can't help you there.

• 2 months later...

I just tried this and I'm sure I followed the instructions pretty good but when I launch my non steam version below version 150 it tells me pinball arcade is not in my tables. wth ive tried to even put a different ahk etc in and same thing?

What do you mean it tells you Pinball Arcade is not in your tables? And what other AHK did you try? Everything has to match.

Did you make sure your all the tables in your version were correct in the module (either "all" set to true or individually listed correctly if needed)?

Sent from my SM-G935V

I'm not home at the moment but when I start it in hyperspin is says loading then it said pinball arcade not in my tables module and doesn't start .. I'm will start from stratch again when I get home and see what happens but it looks like it's looking for pinball arcade as a table and I have version 133 if that makes a difference because I don't know how or where to update to 150

I'm not home at the moment but when I start it in hyperspin is says loading then it said pinball arcade not in my tables module and doesn't start .. I'm will start from stratch again when I get home and see what happens but it looks like it's looking for pinball arcade as a table and I have version 133 if that makes a difference because I don't know how or where to update to 150

Weird. Not sure how it could be looking for "Pinball Arcade" as a table when only actual table names are listed in both the module and the database.

That's one I haven't heard.

ive reloaded evrything and it will start now but it will not select the table im not sure whats up but ive got to be missing something?

Does it just sit there at the initial Start screen and never go anywhere? This is usually caused if you're launching the DX9 version, but you have the module set to the DX11 version (or vice-versa). It can also be caused if you changed your select button in the TPA control options to be something other than the enter key. (I believe someone had that issue in this thread a few pages back).

I have been trying to get this to work for a couple of days now I have pinball arcade version 133 I've got it to select certain games but some games it's one game off my database and everything across-the-board is exactly the same I have tried true false combinations in the rocket launcher module to no avail I've added one in increments to the sleep timer and it's only made it worse does anybody have a solution for this or do I have to get a new version of pinball arcade which I don't know how I'm going to do this unless I use my steam version and I'm sure that's not going to work properly either

I have been trying to get this to work for a couple of days now I have pinball arcade version 133 I've got it to select certain games but some games it's one game off my database and everything across-the-board is exactly the same I have tried true false combinations in the rocket launcher module to no avail I've added one in increments to the sleep timer and it's only made it worse does anybody have a solution for this or do I have to get a new version of pinball arcade which I don't know how I'm going to do this unless I use my steam version and I'm sure that's not going to work properly either

133 is really old so might be hard to say. Obviously you need All_tables set to false for an old version (as it will be missing several newer tables). And you need your database, My_Tables list and first table to match exactly to what you actually have.

If your problem is that your table selection is always off by one that would imply you're either missing listing a table, have one mis-named or have an extra added that you don't actually have.

1. You have listed all of the tables you own, in the correct order, in the module settings for My_Tables?

2. You're database has only those same tables in it, same order and names match exactly?

3. You either have Adams Family and its your first table or you have changed your first table setting to what it actually is like the module instructions say?

Sent from my SM-G935V

All the tables in my database, my tables, and module are all the same and in the same order. I cannot set all tables to false because it will not work at all. I have it set to true and it works up to the table haunted house then it goes back one up till about 5 tables later.. I've tried a few different current modules 149 to 150 with the same result. I'm using Windows 8 and have doubled and triple checked all that's in the guide.. But I don't understand whe if I turn the all tables to false it won't even start? Hyperspin looks really nice and would love to set my arcade up with it but I've run into so many issues.. I'm trying to set up a cab I built using led Blinky and rgb buttons, I've purchased all front ends to include launch box/ big box which I'm really interested in and may go back to but led Blinky is another issue trying to detect a game like pba but doesn't see it so I can't set the buttons. That's why I'm trying hyperspin again but problems always come up. I'm at a loss .. This has been a 2 year project with no success

I have it set to true and it works up to the table haunted house then it goes back one up till about 5 tables later.. 

Yes, that's exactly what you'd expect it to do If you have the All_Tables setting set to true, but don't actually have all the tables. So that is working correctly.

You should have All_Tables set to false and you should have manually typed in all the tables you actually have into the All_Tables section of the module settings, highlighted here:

post-58638-0-02050000-1476717977_thumb.png

If you've done that, and done it correctly it should work like a champ.

If it still doesn't then it could be because you're trying to run such a crazy old version of the game (you're version is pre-module, pre-DX11 I believe). Your version is so old it's possible it may just be mismatched somehow (at one point they changed where the buttons were in the games UI). Personally I'd say update your version to as close to 1.50.10 as possible and see if it's all fixed.

Or you can post me a pic of your main menu screen so I can see what your UI looks like.

Black predator I appreciate the link to update but I may have clicked on the wrong link within and bad things starting popping up so I instantly exited.. I am assuming that it's probably my old version and will have to go with the steam version I just can't afford to go to a bad site it's going to give me all the bad stuff .. But when I turn the module to false not true on the module do you have all games that's when it doesn't work...

When you say it doesn't work at all what exactly does it do?

Just sit at the press start screen? Just sit at the main menu screen? Start then exit? Are you doing anything unusual you aren't telling us like running the game in portrait mode etc...

It looks like it's starting to load but stays on the table screen so you can spin to another table doesn't look like it even tries

So it actually navigates properly into the table select screen (where it can scroll up/down through the tables), but then it just sits on the first table and doesn't scroll at all or even start the table it's sitting on?

EDIT: Wait, are you actually saying that it stays in the Hyperspin wheel and doesn't launch the game at all? Be very specific.

OK then I think I know what's happening.

Your version probably has the old UI. So when you have it set to true the game is launching and instead of the module navigating to the table select menu its navigating to the exit button and selecting that and closing the game. Possibly doing all that behind the RL fade screen so you never even see it happening.

So the problem is how old the version is. Running a much newer version would fix that or if you send me a screens shot of your main menu I could probably whip you up a custom version of the module that works with your game.

Sent from my SM-G935V

Ok that sounds fantastic I had to take my mom to the hospital but I should be home soon if you are still on here in a couple of hours I'll get right on the computer and send you those screenshot the other user sent me a link for an upgrade but I must've clicked on the wrong thing in there and it did not look good. But thank you and hopefully I should be home in a few

Archived