Hey All, I've been trying to get the new module for Pinball Arcade in RL to work but it doesn't find the rom files.  Looked in my "tables" folder to see that the files are named things like "TAddamsFamily_Enums.csv"  Is this normal, and does anyone know of a solution to properly get this name format into my database?

Thanks for any help,

R

If you're picking my module, use the Tables.zip (Page 13) uploaded in this topic. It's just a bunch of dummy file to cheat Hyperspin and Rocketlauncher. In the end they won't be used for nothing.

9 hours ago, alnyden said:

Hey All, I've been trying to get the new module for Pinball Arcade in RL to work but it doesn't find the rom files.  Looked in my "tables" folder to see that the files are named things like "TAddamsFamily_Enums.csv"  Is this normal, and does anyone know of a solution to properly get this name format into my database?

Thanks for any help,

R

It sounds like you haven't even read my instructions for setting it up in the first post, or jviegas info for his newer module yet. Start there

There are no roms. You don't look in the My Tables folder. The database is already there etc... Just follow the instructions.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Metalzoic said:

It sounds like you haven't even read my instructions for setting it up in the first post, or jviegas info for his newer module yet. Start there

There are no roms. You don't look in the My Tables folder. The database is already there etc... Just follow the instructions.

Thanks for your reply!  You're right, I didn't realize the first module was so closely related to the updated one.  Following all the instructions, I'm amazed to report that IT WORKS.  I'm so grateful for this, I've been trying to get this to work for a long time so thank you.

I have only one small problem. I've entered all my tables into the "MY TABLES" setting.  However, it appears that at some point it runs out of characters that can be input into the box.  I come about 3 tables short -- it lets me type them in, but it won't save those final characters.

Thanks again!

R

4 hours ago, alnyden said:

Thanks for your reply!  You're right, I didn't realize the first module was so closely related to the updated one.  Following all the instructions, I'm amazed to report that IT WORKS.  I'm so grateful for this, I've been trying to get this to work for a long time so thank you.

I have only one small problem. I've entered all my tables into the "MY TABLES" setting.  However, it appears that at some point it runs out of characters that can be input into the box.  I come about 3 tables short -- it lets me type them in, but it won't save those final characters.

Thanks again!

R

I'm glad it works, there is a billion hours of work putting the module and instructions together

First I've ever heard that. Are you using the first post module or jviegas module? Version 1.50.10 of the game or a newer version? How many tables do you have and which don't fit?

13 hours ago, Metalzoic said:

I'm glad it works, there is a billion hours of work putting the module and instructions together

First I've ever heard that. Are you using the first post module or jviegas module? Version 1.50.10 of the game or a newer version? How many tables do you have and which don't fit?

I'm using jviegas module, version 1.59.10 of Pinball Arcade.  I have 81 tables and only the last 3 1/2 won't fit in the My Tables setting.

Thanks again, I can't imagine how long it must have taken to figure this out. :)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jviegas said:

Your Welcome.

I'm glad it helped you.

Do you know anything about a character limit in the My_Tables section?

@alnyden rather than put your table list into the My_Tables portion of the module settings, you could change the list itself within the module. It would be the part of the module, towards the top, where it says something like "My_Tables": Adams Family (Williams) etc... you could change that text to match you personal table list. Then in the module Set All_Tables to True which should make it go by the module list that you just edited. If you follow me at all...

Nope, I never had that issue.

@alnyden Are you editing the "My_Tables" using Rocketlauncher or Notepad?

Try to use Notepad.

Can I ask for an updated version for all the tables? I also made a fusion of the fx2 module on the RL forum. Had some problems (timings and keys) with navigating the horrible TPA GUI.
Would like to try this one.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

20 hours ago, jviegas said:

Nope, I never had that issue.

@alnyden Are you editing the "My_Tables" using Rocketlauncher or Notepad?

Try to use Notepad.

I think he's having trouble using the module setting within RocketLauncher. Not editing the module.

On 15/06/2017 at 5:03 PM, jviegas said:

So...

The history...

I've added recently Pinball Arcade system to Hyperspin.

The updated Rocketlauncher module didn't fit the version I got (1.59.5 DX11) with 83 tables.

The module fits old version which the "My Tables" were listed instead of Tabled (columns and rows).

What I did was changing into a mix version between Pinball Fx module and Pinball Arcade.

So let's get to business:

1. Follow the module instructions. nothing changed from previous module.

2. Run Pinbal Arcade without using rocketlauncher or Hyperspin, Enter "Arcade" menu and then change the view for "My Tables" (by default it will be shown as "Alphabetic").

Quit the software normally. Next time, the tables will be shown on "My Tables" view. That's what we want.

3. Copy "Tables" folder to your Pinball Arcade folder (Tables.zip). This are just dummy txt files. I use "Roms Only" option from HyperHQ so I prefer to manage my wheel rables by adding or deleting these files.

4. Update your tables database on Hyperspin and Rocketlauncher  (Pinball Arcade.xml)

5. Copy modified module to your Rokcetlauncher\modules\Pinball Arcade folder (Pinball Arcade.ahk)

6. In order to this modified module work correctly you have to inform how many columns the tables are shown in your screen. I realized that they change on different resolutions. In my case they are shown in 8 columnss so my module option is:

nrcol := 8 ; How many columns are shown in your screen ?

7. Isd file wasn't modified so no changes.

8. This version should work on future releases, all you have to do is update the module, hyperspin and rocketlauncher game list

9. Tested all 83 tables and it worked fine however sometimes my computer take a little bit longer to load a table and the module doesn't do all the procedure. Quit (Esc Key) and start it again and it should work fine.

10. Enjoy !!!

10. Give feedback about how it worked on your computer.

Note: Sorry about any english mistakes that you found.

Pinball Arcade.xml

Tables.zip

Pinball Arcade.ahk

An updated ahk file to new versions.

Tested on 1.61.4 DX11 version

I did not updated the tables list. I noticed that I was only missing 1 table so I didn't spend time on it.

Pinball Arcade.ahk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I modified the module so now works on the 1.64.10.

Just to change to keypress to up and enter, which is faster and works perfect. I had to do because i have and issue with the mouse going to wrong section "login".

But i have some new tables, like "paragon", and it skips that position... i will add the new tables to the xml, and try, it should work.

• Super Like 1

On 18/12/2017 at 12:28 AM, JordiMayor said:

I modified the module so now works on the 1.64.10.

Just to change to keypress to up and enter, which is faster and works perfect. I had to do because i have and issue with the mouse going to wrong section "login".

But i have some new tables, like "paragon", and it skips that position... i will add the new tables to the xml, and try, it should work.

Hola.

No consigo hacer que funcione la versión 1.64.10. RL ejecuta PinballArcade.exe pero no me lanza ninguna mesa. He hecho todos los pasos arriba indicados. Se queda en la pantalla inicial del logo del juego. Cómo sé si tengo versión steam o no? Cómo modificaste tú el ahk para hacerlo funcionar, serías tan amable de pasarmelo?

Gracias de antemano

Hi.

I can't do it works on the 1.64.10. RL launch PinballArcade.exe and it stays on the initial screen, it doesn't do anything else. How can I know if it's a steam version or not? How can I modified ahk to do it works with 1.64.10?

Thanks

HI -

Thank you for the detailed tutorial.

I ran through it.  Everything seems to installed correctly.  I have not errors or exclamation points anywhere but when i launch Pinball Arcade under the module tab I get this error: Emulator is configured as a virtual emulator and therefore it cannot be launched.  

The crazy part is i just had this working!  Well, i had pinball machine load up through RL.  Then when i started to get the Hyperspin part working i got a lot of different errors.  So like a dope, i deleted to try again ... since then, im stuck here.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Im new to this pinball stuff BUT MAN is this insane!!!! this is ridiculous eye candy in the living room!

Many thanks in advance - going to keep trying here ....

Pinball.PNG.e20c7d563c20ccea7454eb6b70e72af7.PNG

So you're running the Steam version and you're back on version 1.50.10? Not a newer one correct?

And you followed Step #3 in the first post? What happens if you uncheck virtual emulator?

Hey I got this to work with some help from the Rocket Launcher folks ... its actually quite simple ... i was over complicating things.

If anyone is looking to getting Pinball FX3 with Steam support up and running - here is the thread.

http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?5036-Pinball-fx3-module-request

Is there anywhere i can get wheel art Pinball FX3 for the hyperspin wheel? 

22 hours ago, dugan26 said:

Hey I got this to work with some help from the Rocket Launcher folks ... its actually quite simple ... i was over complicating things.

What was the issue?