Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Thanks for letting mer know about the update. I totally missed it.

TotAN is your only table? At all? You have it set as your only table under My_Tables in the module, have All Tables set to False and also have TotAN set as your starting table in the module?

Yes, I am sticking with TOTAN until I can prove that TPA will run through PinballX. So far there is always some issue.  I have set up everything precisely as you specified for this to be my only table.  The issue is that the module does not even navigate to My Table.  It navigates to CHallanges, so the number of tables I have should not be the issue.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just tried the new module.  Here is what my screen starts as:

Navigation is goingattachicon.gifscreen.png to Challanges

Ah. I was just typing a reply to ask you for a screen shot and you beat me to it. Nice.

You didn't mention you were running it in a portrait mode. That puts your menu items in a different order than the menu normally is, which is throwing the module off. Your menu is 2 across and 3 down. Normally it should be:

Previous Seasons - Season 5 - Challenges (on top)

My Tables - Tournament - Options

I'll make you a custom version of the module that will work with your cab. Give me a few hours... just woke up.

PS: Awesome game room by the way! Really nice. That racing rig is badass! I have 3 arcade machines, including my Hyperspin cab and professional air-hockey table, but they are all out in the open in our family room area (I don't have a spare room. Ha!). I don't have a pinball machine in the house yet, but I do have a brand new JJP Hobbit on the way (hopefully soon, I bought the damn thing 3 years ago!) and I've also pre-ordered a new Aliens machine from Heighway Pinball (which probably won't be built or delivered for another year I figure).

OK man try this.

I can't really test it myself so let me know asap if it's working fine. 

1. Download and put this module into your RocketLauncher>Modules>Pinball Arcade folder. Leave the name as-is (and don't overwrite you normal PinballArcade.AHK file).

2. Go into RocketLauncherUI. Go to the Global System > Emulators tab double click on Pinball Arcade from the list and change the selected module to this new one. Close that.

3. Go to the Pinball Arcade System on the left > Modules tab and this module should be on the list (it should also be yellow designating it as a custom module). Select it and set your module settings.

4. Try it!

I already changed your Starting table to TotAN within the module so you don't need to do it yourself.

Hopefully that works first shot, but I just did it off the top of my head so if it doesn't let me know and be as detailed as possible about what's going wrong.

Pinball Arcade Portrait.ahk

OK I will try later today.  Thanks for the extra work.  I also ordered a Hobbit but gave up on the wait, plus my local games distributor would not support me on it until JJP releases 3 or more tables (I guess to prove themselves).

Regarding the virtual pinball cabinet - I definitely recommend that.  Its a great project and you can do the whole thing yourself or pick out the parts that you just want to buy.

Regarding the race rig, yes, very interesting.  I ended up re-engineering it several times and just could not get everything working without major reconfiguration being required every few months.  So I sold the frame and actuators and have a much simpler and reliable setup using a servo-controlled desk from Ikea, much more basic- cheaper and better-functioning controllers for pedals and steering, and all the muscle put into the PC.  Also, the triple-screen is a waste of time now with the new 34 inch wide monitors for LG.

Thanks for the tutorial Metalzoic. Do you have any idea as to what can be wrong if the module doesn't select anything at all? Pinball Arcade launches but it just sits at the initial "Press to Start" screen. I'm pretty sure I have followed all of the directions carefully but I am on the "standalone" version 1.45.6. 

EDIT: I also tried version 1.43.8 with a matching module and XML for that version that I found in an old backup I had and I still have the same problem as above, it just sits at the initial "Press to Start" screen. I was expecting to maybe run into issues with it not selecting the correct table if I didn't configure something properly but its like it isn't even trying. 

Thanks for the tutorial Metalzoic. Do you have any idea as to what can be wrong if the module doesn't select anything at all? Pinball Arcade launches but it just sits at the initial "Press to Start" screen. I'm pretty sure I have followed all of the directions carefully but I am on the "standalone" version 1.45.6.

Most likely caused by launching a different version than what the module is looking for. For example that will happen if you launch the DX9 version, but have the module set for DX11 and vice-versa. Or trying to launch the DX11 version, but you didn't rename the exe file. It could also be caused if your non-official version has a different window_class built into the file than it is actually supposed to have.

Most likely caused by launching a different version than what the module is looking for. For example that will happen if you launch the DX9 version, but have the module set for DX11 and vice-versa. Or trying to launch the DX11 version, but you didn't rename the exe file. It could also be caused if your non-official version has a different window_class built into the file than it is actually supposed to have.

Thanks for the reply. I also tried version 1.43.8 with a matching module and XML for that version that I found in an old backup I had and I still have the same problem as above, it just sits at the initial "Press to Start" screen. I was expecting to maybe run into issues with it not selecting the correct table if I didn't configure something properly but its like it isn't even trying.

This is the 1.43.8 module I'm using along with the matching isd:  http://pastebin.com/kMaxbZuU

I used AutoIt3 Window Spy and got this:

IMG_7443.jpg

I was expecting to maybe run into issues with it not selecting the correct table if I didn't configure something properly but its like it isn't even trying.

That's normal if it's waiting for a different version. It won't try to navigate the menu at all until it detects that the version it's waiting for is running. So if DX9 is what it expects then it will ignore DX11 sitting on the screen.

This is the 1.43.8 module I'm using along with the matching isd:  http://pastebin.com/kMaxbZuU

I used AutoIt3 Window Spy and got this:

That looks like the right Window_Class for the DX11 version. So I'm assuming the DX11 version is the one you want to launch, right?

And I don't think I've updated the ISD since 1.41 so it isn't that (thorough of you though!)

-So your exe must be named (or renamed to) PinballArcade.exe (no spaces, capital A, capital P).

-And you must have the module set to "Pinball_Version = DirectX 11" in RocketLauncherUI (you are using RocketLauncher right?)

I suppose if you changed your Enter Key to be something else in the module settings, but it isn't set to match in the in-game setting that could do it too... could be sitting at the Press Start screen pressing the wrong button.

I copied the module I put on pastebin and replaced mine with it just to double check it and it runs perfectly, so we know it isn't a bad paste.

Other than that I'm not sure. The only other thing I can think of is it being a "standalone" version. I've had a few people with versions that simply don't work even though (they say) they had everything set correctly.

That's normal if it's waiting for a different version. It won't try to navigate the menu at all until it detects that the version it's waiting for is running. So if DX9 is what it expects then it will ignore DX11 sitting on the screen.

That looks like the right Window_Class for the DX11 version. So I'm assuming the DX11 version is the one you want to launch, right?

And I don't think I've updated the ISD since 1.41 so it isn't that (thorough of you though!)

-So your exe must be named (or renamed to) PinballArcade.exe (no spaces, capital A, capital P).

-And you must have the module set to "Pinball_Version = DirectX 11" in RocketLauncherUI (you are using RocketLauncher right?)

I suppose if you changed your Enter Key to be something else in the module settings, but it isn't set to match in the in-game setting that could do it too... could be sitting at the Press Start screen pressing the wrong button.

I copied the module I put on pastebin and replaced mine with it just to double check it and it runs perfectly, so we know it isn't a bad paste.

Other than that I'm not sure. The only other thing I can think of is it being a "standalone" version. I've had a few people with versions that simply don't work even though (they say) they had everything set correctly.

Thanks so much man! It was the stupid enter key, I can't believe I missed that. 

BTW, there are no video previews for these?

EDIT: never mind I found them. Missing the unframed wheels for Judge Dredd, Marry Shelley's Frankenstein, No Fear and the videos for Judge Dredd, Red & Ted's and No Fear if anyone has these. Thanks!

Awesome! Any way to get the display fullscreen without having to press Alt + Enter?

If you have the PinballArcade config.exe already set to fullscreen and the RL module already set to fullscreen that's all you can do.

For most people with those options set the game launches in fullscreen, but there seems to be a glitch in TPA because some people have to hit Alt+Enter to manually force it full screen.

If I remember right it might have to do with your brand/model of GPU... can't remember, but there are several topics on it at the Pinballarcadefans.com forums. I don't remember if there is a fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide - seems to have worked a treat...

I do have one issue tho - the DX11 version doesnt seem to use my full screen - height is right but width is not full (seems 4:3)

I have the screen size set in the settings tho... anyone else have this?

Edit: also, is it possible to make Esc exit per other emulators without messing up menu access etc?

EDIT2: Nevermind - seem to have solved both. I've set the size as oversized in the settings and managed to find one that fits my screen... not sure why its working like that but nevermind!!

Also Esc seems to work now. Not sure how to access the menu if i want tho

EDIT2: Nevermind - seem to have solved both. I've set the size as oversized in the settings and managed to find one that fits my screen... not sure why its working like that but nevermind!!

Also Esc seems to work now. Not sure how to access the menu if i want tho

ESC is the normal exit key as default. Not sure what you mean by access the menu exactly. From the table screen with the big start button you have access to the options menu right there. If you mean getting back to the main TPA screen that would be whichever button you set it to in the control setup. I use Backspace to go back a menu (on my cab that is hold P1 start button and tap left on the P1 joystick)

• 3 weeks later...

A warning for everyone.

It looks like Farsight is forcing out their new UI for Pinball Arcade sometime next week.

As soon as that happens if you update the game this module & system will most likely completely break.

This might not be so bad if the new UI was an improvement.

However the new UI looks and works like it was designed by a braindead effing moron back in the 90's using old Geo Cities websites as his inspiration.

Personally I think whoever designed it and whoever approved it should both be fired, but that's what we're stuck with.

If you want this system to keep working as-is, then for now don't update the game past this version 1.48.5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Metalzoic, i need your help please.

I had the Pinball arcade running, but after the last module update it doesn't work. :-(

Now i don't have all the tables and i deleted the missing ones from your tables list and add it to My tables field. sorted, etc...

I followed the Tutorial again. But now, always i get the same error message:  (i have it in spanish but the translation is something like this)

Spanish Error:

ScriptError - RLDLL.splitPath - Exception thrown:
0x80070057 - El parámetro no es correcto.
Source: RocketLauncher
Description: La ruta de acceso no tiene un formato válido.
HelpFile: (null)
HelpContext: 0

TRanslated Error:

ScriptError - RLDLL.splitPath - Exception thrown:
0x80070057 - The parameter is incorrect.
Source: RocketLauncher
Description: The path does not have a valid format.
HelpFile: (null)
HelpContext: 0

Please can you tell me what i'm doing wrong.Please?

Thanks a lot.

Archived