Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

TPA has updated again to version 1.50.7b

This update fixes glitches the last update created. It also looks like the main menu changed a bit, but the module still seems to navigate it perfectly.

No updates to the actual module, isd or database.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm running the latest versions of Pinball Arcade, Rocket Launcher and Hyperspin. I followed your tutorial and set eveything up. However when i try to launch a table through RL it doesn't load and i get the following error "There was an error waiting for the window "Pinball Arcade ahk_class GameWindowClass". Please check you have the correct version emulator installed for this module, followed any notes in the module, and have this emulator working outside your frontend first. Also turn off Fade to see if you are hiding your problem."

PA runs perfectly outside of RA. I am running DX 11 and have properly change the .exe. I have pointed the emulator to that .exe named PinballArcade.exe. I have all the tables as well. Please help!

I'm running the latest versions of Pinball Arcade, Rocket Launcher and Hyperspin. I followed your tutorial and set eveything up. However when i try to launch a table through RL it doesn't load and i get the following error "There was an error waiting for the window "Pinball Arcade ahk_class GameWindowClass". Please check you have the correct version emulator installed for this module, followed any notes in the module, and have this emulator working outside your frontend first. Also turn off Fade to see if you are hiding your problem."

PA runs perfectly outside of RA. I am running DX 11 and have properly change the .exe. I have pointed the emulator to that .exe named PinballArcade.exe. Please help!

That error normally means that you are trying to launch the DX11 version, but have the module set to the DX9 version. Check that your module settings have DX11 selected.

However they also updated the official Pinball Arcade UI today, so after today this (and any other) TPA modules will probably no longer work if you update.

Sent from my SM-G935V

That error normally means that you are trying to launch the DX11 version, but have the module set to the DX9 version. Check that your module settings have DX11 selected.

However they also updated the official Pinball Arcade UI today, so after today this (and any other) TPA modules will probably no longer work if you update.

Sent from my SM-G935V

Unfortunately, that wasn't it. The module was set to DX11. I haven't updated PA so I dont think that's it. Does it update automatically? I am not that familiar with PA because I just got it yesterday.

Have any other suggestions I could try?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

If you have it through Steam it is possible it updated automatically. I haven't checked myself.

Wait... when did you rename the exe? Yesterday?

Because everytime they update you also have to rename your exe again, which would also give you that error, which might mean yours did update.

Check your exe file

I don't run it through steam. I doubled checked the exe and it is still named PinballArcade.exe. BTW thanks for helping me out with this...

Did you buy the game through Steam? Because if you did it runs through Steam. And the exe would still be called PinballArcade.exe if it updated or not, because the update renames the DX9 version to PinballArcade.exe every time it updates.

**Changing the name does not cause issues with updating, but you'll have to do this step every time they update the game.

I just launched mine and got the same error, checked the exe and it was auto-updated today 6/17 and it renamed the DX9 version to PinballArcade.exe.

That's why the error, PinballArcade.exe is no longer launching the DX11 version until I rename it correctly again.

Hmmm....I actually downloaded it on a private forum with all the tables. It is running through steam, I launch from the exe like any other program.

My eye's for dx7 and DX 11 remain unchanged. Hmmm...

1.50.7b DX11. 

Quick question:  My tables folder with PA are fillers with .csv files.  The Adams family table .csv is named TAddamsFamily_Enums.csv for instance.  I don't see the PA database that you have provided using these names for the file.  Does it matter?  Do I need to change the csv's to match the databse description?  I wasn't sure because this is a virtual emulator. 

No those are just program file names. Like I said in the tutorial the only file you change is renaming the exe.

Your version is only 2 versions behind, but up to date for tables so it isn't that.

I'm guessing since your version is hacked your Window Class might not match what it should be. Try changing the module setting from DX11 to DX9 and see if it works in RL

Sent from my SM-G935V

No those are just program file names. Like I said in the tutorial the only file you change is renaming the exe.

Your version is only 2 versions behind, but up to date for tables so it isn't that.

I'm guessing since your version is hacked your Window Class might not match what it should be. Try changing the module setting from DX11 to DX9 and see if it works in RL

Sent from my SM-G935V

Same result. I even tried using the dx9 exe and launching that....same result

Fade is off. WindowSpy and I hover over the PinballArcade.exe and it reads the handle, class, size, handle, etc.

Handle - 1508742

Class- DirectUIHWND

Text-

Size- 855x518

Handle-198282

Parent Class-SHELLDLL_DefView

Parent Text - Shell view

Pixel Color-00FFFFFF

Fade is off. WindowSpy and I hover over the PinballArcade.exe and it reads the handle, class, size, handle, etc.

Handle - 1508742

Class- DirectUIHWND

Text-

Size- 855x518

Handle-198282

Parent Class-SHELLDLL_DefView

Parent Text - Shell view

Pixel Color-00FFFFFF

What does it say when you actually run the game?

What does it say when you actually run the game?

You need to run the game and hover over the window when it has focus to get the info, not just hover over the exe in explorer. The info you want is in the top box labeled "Window Title, Class and Process".

Here's what it says:

Current Handle:1312818

Current Class:GameWindowClass

Current Text: Pinball Arcade DX 11

Size: 1551x879

Parent Handle: 0

Parent Class:

Parent Text:

Pixel Color: 0000000000

Here's what it says:

Current Handle:1312818

Current Class:GameWindowClass

Current Text: Pinball Arcade DX 11

Size: 1551x879

Parent Handle: 0

Parent Class:

Parent Text:

Pixel Color: 0000000000

Well that is the correct AHK_Class for the DX11 version. So you are getting an error that RL is sick of waiting for it even though it has actually launched... Weird. When that happens is TPA actually launched and running in the background? Can you alt-tab to it?

And you are using the module & isd from the first post like the tutorial says, and not the one that updated with RocketLauncher right? 

Also I'm sure you already know this since it was discussed in this thread for a few pages, but the more recent RocketLauncher updates caused issues with several systems and Pinball Arcade was one of them, so if you are up to date that could be your problem. 

Updated the Tutorial with a notice of the UI change.

Since this UI change breaks the module for newer versions, including the upcoming season 6, I won't be messing with it anymore.

It's possible I'll get bored and try to re-work the module to work with the new, terribly designed and unbelievably shitty UI, but not anytime soon.

Screw you Farsight! I love pinball, but I truly hate you as a developer.

Well that is the correct AHK_Class for the DX11 version. So you are getting an error that RL is sick of waiting for it even though it has actually launched... Weird. When that happens is TPA actually launched and running in the background? Can you alt-tab to it?

And you are using the module & isd from the first post like the tutorial says, and not the one that updated with RocketLauncher right? 

Also I'm sure you already know this since it was discussed in this thread for a few pages, but the more recent RocketLauncher updates caused issues with several systems and Pinball Arcade was one of them, so if you are up to date that could be your problem. 

I am using the .ahk and .isd you have provided.  My RL is 1.1.0.7.  It appears that TPA isn't launching because it doesn't show when alt tabbing.

I am using the .ahk and .isd you have provided.  My RL is 1.1.0.7.  It appears that TPA isn't launching because it doesn't show when alt tabbing.

So it's not even launching then. Did you do this step of the instructions?

; If not launching through Steam:
; Add this as any other standard emulator and define the PinballArcade.exe as your executable, but still select Virtual Emulator as you do not need rom extensions or rom paths to be defined.
; Under the Pinball Arcade system settings in RocketLauncherUI set Skip Checks to "Rom and Emu" when using this module as roms do not exist.
; The executable must be named PinballArcade.exe to work properly. Rename it if it does not match that exactly.
;

I sure did...I tell ya, I just don't get it. It should be working. I was thinking of trying a different version of TPA.

Yeah man I don't know. we've covered the obvious and some not-so-obvious stuff. A lot of the time it turns out to be the most simple and basic thing.

It could also simply be that RL isn't working right with it.

Someone else had to change their Skip Checks settings from "rom & emu" to just "roms" (or maybe just emu?). You might try that.

I'd also suggest you read through the thread from the beginning if you haven't already in case something gives you an idea to check. There have been a lot of one-off issues, but I think so far everyones gotten up and running.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

dont thinks il update seen the new ui i hate it it shit will keep the old one it works with hyperspin and rlauncher.

Yeah I know.

Can you believe anyone could look at that steaming pile and think "Yeah this new UI is good, better than what we have. Great job!"

It really explains all the incompetence they've shown over the years with screw-ups and glitches. They're just useless morons.

Yeah man I don't know. we've covered the obvious and some not-so-obvious stuff. A lot of the time it turns out to be the most simple and basic thing.

It could also simply be that RL isn't working right with it.

Someone else had to change their Skip Checks settings from "rom & emu" to just "roms" (or maybe just emu?). You might try that.

I'd also suggest you read through the thread from the beginning if you haven't already in case something gives you an idea to check. There have been a lot of one-off issues, but I think so far everyones gotten up and running.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

You were right again! Switched the checks to rom only and it fired up select the game and launched the table! Love it. Now to set up my wheel.

Is there any thing I need to know about Configuring in HS? I would hate to get stuck again...lol. Thanks for your help everyone!

Archived