Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Visual Pinball/Future Pinball BOTH Need to be Standardized.

malarrya

I could be wrong but I thought upload limit was 200mb. Try splitting into 5 parts instead.

I have yet to setup pinball but a collection of 300 of the newest tables sounds great. If you have access to PD or bitgamer, please consider uploading a hyperspin ready set with instructions on where to get/install the media.

Generally, Hypersync prefers to use full set xml's so "best of" sets like this probably will never make it into there. That doesn't mean a tonne of people won't use this though!

Sent from my SGH-I467M using Tapatalk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Spawk,

I will try smaller size files but I think it may be the 4-part RAR that's kicking it out. The site says no larger than 300MB but we'll see. EDIT: You were right, Spawk. I made each file 190MB and it worked. Thanks!

The XML is not really a "best of" list. It's just the child of what was available/connectable in all 3 facets of the system. Yes, there are numerous tables with many different versions but when all the junk is washed away, there really is only maybe 400 or so that are worth being on a system. . 300+ tables is more than anyone will play, anyways, and there is really no "minted" set of ROMs as other systems have. Since no standard even exists, I was hoping this could get the ball rolling. Once a set is established, other members as well as myself can continue to update the system with more content.

The XML is not really a "best of" list. It's just the child of what was available/connectable in all 3 facets of the system. Yes, there are numerous tables with many different versions but when all the junk is washed away, there really is only maybe 400 or so that are worth being on a system. . 300+ tables is more than anyone will play, anyways, and there is really no "minted" set of ROMs as other systems have. Since no standard even exists, I was hoping this could get the ball rolling. Once a set is established, other members as well as myself can continue to update the system with more content.

I am just a user here so I have no say in it either way, just thought I'd mention it. MUGEN falls into this same grey area. I totally trust you've done your homework. I really just want to use your setup without having to fuss with a lot with names and databases... basically all the same work you just did! Thank you BTW. I've been over to VPUniverse recently and seen all the tables with 2015 release dates.

A quick look on PD shows the last sets were uploaded in 2014. And I think the next newest thing in the pinball section is 2009! So nobody is doing any updating really. I think a hyperspin ready set would be a huge success! While going to VPUniverse and grabbing 1 at a time and renaming them all may appeal to a small percentage of us, most uses will probably just pass. A "drop in" set would generate considerable numbers. Give it a "1.0" tag or a "0.1" tag and declare it "beta"?... something to make updating clear.

Just some stuff to consider, I am really looking forward to using this!

• 11 months later...

I'm currently updating the naming scheme of the XML I attached to this thread, to match the naming scheme found in the FP XML.

Since VP 8-9  Original tables are no longer being released or converted to VPX

I can have a final Hyperspin ready pack  for the VP 8-9  Original tables by the weekend

the only help I would need is 

-Making videos

-Making the 30 missing wheels for the Original tables. (mostly custom logos)

the recreated VP tables need to be

-renamed to match the new naming scheme,

-all the VPX tables need to be downloaded and added to the XML

- all the VP8-9 tables need to be updated if a newer version exists or deleted if a VPX table exists. 

if anyone wants to make wheels or videos, or you know of anyone at emumovies that wants to make videos. 

PM me for a link to the mega folder. same goes for the FP videos,

here is a Missing wheels list for the Original and the VP 9.2.1 tables

https://mega.nz/#F!F5VQmY4Z!r04FK6J2AV6l90x_TVeQNA

updating the XML and wheels to the new naming scheme was easier then I thought.

a WIP XML with updated names and matching wheel set is in the FTP

(more tables will be added (VPX Versions) before I uploaded it to the Database XML section of the forum.

FTP

/Unsorted Submissions/Visual Pinball/32assassin/

I have finally had a chance to update and sort out my pinball.....   (my son had me locked out sorta but its fixed)  OMG how great it is to have the pinball themes working and finally some videos granted not near enough for what pinball games i have but it is a big start. I need to make a list of the games I have without wheel art and videos. I think it is time for me to try and make some hopefully when the kiddies are back at school I will get some time.  But Kuddos to all of you who have put in a heck of alot of work. Thank you all again.

Let me know if you need official threads for these database guys - would love to see VP and FP db's updated w/ clean sets.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. My VP set is still the same as it was a year ago. However my Future Pinball set I put hours upon hours into and it's really come together well. If you'd like me to demo it here or in some other place (FTP) please let me know. I have around 600 tables/videos/wheel art and am very willing to share. Most of the wheel images I found through painstaking effort on VPForums, PINSIMDB, Google, or fabricated/edited myself. I am still going through and perfecting the images so you won't be disappointed when you get this set. Many of the videos I found already existed either on one of the aforementioned sites or on youtube. The XML was put together with intense care and hours of work. I am uploading the lot now to /Unsorted Submissions/Future Pinball/malarrya

EDIT: I even edited the main menu theme for Future Pinball. It had an image of a NASCAR pinball machine on it and FP doesn't even have that table. I changed it to an Addams Family image. :)

EDIT 2: I've uploaded everything I have to the FTP. There are 687 tables for which I have 687 wheel images and 673 videos. Many of the tables are original, ULTRA, ULTIMATE, SPECIAL, or ANNIVERSARY editions of the same table but often times are very different playing experiences. I am still working on the wheel images, getting them the best as possible. Please see the Fright Night and ACDC images to understand what I mean. The naming convention is TABLE NAME (Edition) (MFG).  For example - Addams Family, The (20th Anniversary Edition) (Bally), Bad Cats (ULTRA Edition) (Williams), or Kings & Queens (Gottlieb).

Nice man yes share everything you got! Tables too?

Sure, I can share the tables. I suppose they aren't allowed on the FTP (?) so I'll have to put them on Google Drive. Just in case anyone is concerned about rom/game sharing, these tables are 100% completely free, shareable, and made by fans for fans.

EDIT: hmm, it appears I have 20gb of pinball tables and only 15gb of Google Drive available. Anyone have space or suggestions on where I can place the tables?

Sure, I can share the tables. I suppose they aren't allowed on the FTP (?) so I'll have to put them on Google Drive. Just in case anyone is concerned about rom/game sharing, these tables are 100% completely free, shareable, and made by fans for fans.

EDIT: hmm, it appears I have 20gb of pinball tables and only 15gb of Google Drive available. Anyone have space or suggestions on where I can place the tables?

I understand the tables are community created but they may contain other media that could be frowned upon, I'll have to look into it.

What may be best considering the size would be to create a torrent on just tell people the site.

I understand the tables are community created but they may contain other media that could be frowned upon, I'll have to look into it.

What may be best considering the size would be to create a torrent on just tell people the site.

Ack, you're right. I forgot, a few of the tables (5 or so) are based on rock bands and contain midi files that can be replaced with MP3s of the same songs (which I did). This makes the table so awesome with the original music but... I can simply omit those or redownload them so they only have midi files. Most everything I have I got from pinsimdb. Thanks for looking into this.

Since I really hijacked my own Visual Pinball thread with Future Pinball, I may start a new post once I get everything in the FP system squared away. I need to work a bit more on the wheel images until that happens, however, but this system is really coming into shape now.

Ack, you're right. I forgot, a few of the tables (5 or so) are based on rock bands and contain midi files that can be replaced with MP3s of the same songs (which I did). This makes the table so awesome with the original music but... I can simply omit those or redownload them so they only have midi files. Most everything I have I got from pinsimdb. Thanks for looking into this.

Since I really hijacked my own Visual Pinball thread with Future Pinball, I may start a new post once I get everything in the FP system squared away. I need to work a bit more on the wheel images until that happens, however, but this system is really coming into shape now.

Would be great if the Future Pinball work could be tied up with whats going on here.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/27571-future-pinball/#entry249247

Saves work being down twice :)

I would be interested in helping on wheels. Vpin is my next project. Let me know.

Thanks, dougan. While I have 687 images for 687 tables (I want to get to a rounded 700), I really am just going through and replacing some of the images with better quality or more accurate renditions... especially if the logo is a something from pop culture like movies or TV (see Conan the Barbarian image on the FTP). I only have maybe another 100 to go through and that should only take a day or two. I would have been done about 2 months ago but things like Comic-Con and vacations were getting in the way. :)

Archived