ouguitarman

How to Layout Your Arcade Graphics with Free Photoshop

Did a video on how to do graphics for your arcade...  Below is the video contents if you want to skip to a specific point.  Hopefully it will help some of you in your HyperSpin en devour.  

Thanks

In this video we will show you how to use the free version of Adobe CS2 to layout graphics for your arcade machine.  We show how to get quality graphics from the web.  Then do basic editing like fading two pictures together, doing layouts, text, magic wand, layers, and much more.  At the end of this you should be able to create something eye catching and functional even if you are not a graphic artist.

Video contents
00:00 Intro
00:50 Get Photoshop CS2 For free
01:43 How to get high quality pictures
02:52 Arcade layouts in photoshop and layers
04:09 Laying graphics on Arcade
06:47 Using magic wand to cut out characters or other graphics
08:23 Add Text to your Design, with custom font, coloring, and stroke effects
10:37 Fading pictures together
14:14 Put button labels on your control panel buttons
17:33 Conclusion
  • Upvote 1

Strictly speaking it's not free. It was made available to allow existing CS2 licence holders to keep using it after the licence server was switched off. However, that won't stop me from giving it a go if I can ever find enough time to devote to it! ;) Not sure if it works with 64 bit Win7 and up?

I've not watched the video yet as I'm at work, but I take it there's no pen tool in CS2? That's sort of a mandatory requirement around these parts as I understand it.

I've not watched the video yet as I'm at work, but I take it there's no pen tool in CS2?

CS2 has the pen tool. The pen tool has been around since version 2 which was like 15 years ago. Boy do I feel old now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not watched the video yet as I'm at work, but I take it there's no pen tool in CS2?

CS2 has the pen tool. The pen tool has been around since version 2 which was like 15 years ago. Boy do I feel old now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By mike123123
      Hi all
      I dug out a old forgotten pc and set out to see if I can solely use it for hyperspin
      The only emulators I want to run are sage systems, PlayStation 1 and nintendo 64.
      I have pentium e5200 at 2.5GHz, 3gb ram ddr2 with a msi Boston motherboard and looking for a cheap graphics card to run them smoothly (if at all possible lol)
      Any help would be welcomed 
    • By IceLancer
      Hey there.
      Here is something for ppl that are looking for it

Its action script for Adobe Photoshop that will make double sided 3d box from template.
      Use the box template to make full two sided artwork. Export it as png , open and run script!
      Do not run script on psd...
      This is example of finished png before action script

Have fun!
      Thanks to @Robin55 from Launchbox forum for original 3d template
    • By Dogman213
      Morning All,
      Just wondered if anyone can recommend  an reasonable illustrator and/or printer located in the uk to help me with my new project based on a Pacland remake.
      Pictures of cab attached - as you can see it's not too far away from needing artwork (on going I hope to do this for a living) !
      If anyone out there can help - please get in touch, have most of the information including samples of the artwork style I would like to use ! i don't think too taxing but a fair bit of illustrator work !
      Many thanks
      Dogman !

• By freestyle5150
      Hello all, 
      I am building my first cabinet and am searching for matching side art, marquee and control panel. Is there anywhere on this site or FTP where this sort of thing is located? I've attached an example of what i am looking for. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 
      Thanks.

• By dfwArcade
      Hello Spinners & Pinners,
      It's been all good since the VPcabs debut on Shark Tank this past May. Brad Baker from VPcabs was hired by Universal Studios to create a stand-up Vertigo arcade 'Back to the Future' themed machine for Michael J. Fox's Parkinson Disease Foundation. I got to design the entire build with licensed artwork from the movie. What a great project to be part of!

Ebay posted the auction, all the proceeds from this event went to the charity. It was showcased with the actors Fox, Christopher Llyod and Lea Thompson at the Chicago Wizard World convention this past summer. 

The design was so well received from Universal that a second matching virtual pinball machine was commissioned. Also designed by me. The brother and sister set look the part and have been a popular design for BTTF fans all over.

If you have an idea for a project or would like something totally all your own please let me know. I'm always looking for something super cool and one of a kind to work on.

Thank you, all the best!
      Josh
      http://www.backtothefuture.com/news-events/latest-news/Wizard-World-Debuting-Back-to-the-Future-Pinball

http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/great-scott-vpcabs-teams-up-wizard-world-universal-ebay-josh-white