Sign in to follow this  
Vanbo

Controls Question. Joysticks and Control pads at the same time?

Hello, everyone.  I am new to the world of emulation, and am working on creating my first cabinet.  I am a bit confused about setting up my controls, and I have a few questions.  I would like to be able to run 4 players on my cabinet, but having a large 4 player cabinet will be too big for the room I plan to put the cabinet in.  I would prefer to have a smaller, 2 player-sized cabinet.  What I am thinking is that I will build a 2 player joystick setup on the cabinet, and also have 2 x-box controllers tucked away that I can use as player 3 and 4 on the rare occasions when 4 people are at my house.  My 2 joysticks are going to be wired into an ipac.  What I am wondering is, is it possible to have 2 joysticks running for 2 of my controllers through ipac and have xbox controllers used at the same time?  Or is it a 1 or the other type of deal where all 4 have to be on either ipac or 4 xbox controllers?  Sorry for the noobish question, but yes I am a noob to this!  Thanks in advance for your help.

You can have as many controllers as you have USB ports haha. I have a 2player ipac, 2 360 controllers, 2 n64 controllers, 2 ps2 controllers, 2 GameCube controllers, 2 aimtrak guns, and 2 wiimotes via a dolphin bar. Just know the more controllers you have the more complicated your controller mapping is going to get for your systems. It's no easy task getting everything to work together. Should be a non issue though if you go with just the two controllers and an ipac.

• Upvote 1

Awesome thanks so much!  This will be great then!  I can still play 4 players and have the smaller cabinet; YEEHAW!  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By AntN
      Good morning guys,
      I have a friend who has recently bought a 2nd hand machine and it doesn't seem to be working correctly. He asked me to take a look at it as I am more into IT, but my experience with emulators is slim, so i was wondering if someone could help point me in the right direction.
      When launching Hyperspin, everything seems to work fine, until a game loads. Then some or all of the buttons stop working. He has 2 x Sanwa joystick with 6 buttons plus credit and player buttons. After reading the initial guide on here i could see that the software version was very old, so i downloaded the latest update files and installed them.
      N64 roms are not working at all, it asks for the memory pak, and a lot of the other consoles do not work either, but the Sega Genesis system does, so i am confused and I'm guessing it is a configuration issue more than something being wrong.
      Has anyone else had a similar issue please?

• By cathos1244
      Hey guys,
      I am having trouble loading the games into Hyperpin. For some reason I keep getting errors and loading kickbacks.
      Can anyone link an instructional guide that helped them?

I have both Hyperpin and Pinball x but I cant get any table to load

Thank you
    • By Frikoriko
      Hello everyone
      Is it possible to control the menu wheel using a steering wheel? I've tried enabling joystick but that doesn't seem to work. I've also tried spinner with no luck either.
      If someone could be me to a tutorial, I'd really appreciate. I've looked and googled it but can't find any info on how to do this.
      Thanks

• By justnicob
      Hi all,
      Quick & Dumb question - When I use my MAME Emulator directly to launch a game with Anti-Aliasing, it does work as expected , once video setting Saved in the Emulator , I now go to RocketLauncher and execute the very same game with the same emulator as "default" and when game execute, it's so pixalized nd for some reasons, the anti-aliasing does not work  - Is there a video config overwriting the Emulator settings somewhere? I know this is a dumb question but appreciate truly any guidance
      Thank you!!!
    • By CamoUchiha
      Hi guys, I recently downloaded a torrent of a full rom pack for Mame 0.185 but it turns out to be Mame 0.183
      Can someone please help me to find the best emulator to play these through hyperspin? I recently used MAMEUFIX but was not aware they don't go higher than 0.75 
      And I can't seem to fin an emu for 0.183 has anyone got any links for one? It will be very much appreciated