Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Commodore Amiga Nvidia Shield TV

Luvarim

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd figure I'll give amiga one good crack at it b4 i move on to other systems but now getting frustrated as only cd32 seems to work...crazy thing is i had it working prior to the update...i even made 2 videos along time ago on aga and ecs and now i feel like a complete rookie as nothing I'm trying is getting the whdload fo boot with the bootloader 

Yeah I have been there. Literally have no idea how to troubleshoot that emu....:( 

I have resided to the long game on this one. Fingers crossed Amiberry gets working in the future...I am just waiting for a good romset to be finished which will be another few months afaik

• 2 weeks later...

Heeeere's HONO!

No I'm not making a return to doing tutorial/guide videos BUT I do adore the Amiga. I wanted to try and clear up some of the confusion emulating this system. Hopefully this will get some of you guys back on track to enjoy these games again.

Thanks to @thatman84 and Diskmach. I got some new assets to play with. So I've started tweaking out a new theme for the Amiga. Still needs some attention but it's nice to have something new to look at.

The P-UAE core has returned to Retroarch BUT I still think UAE4ARM (Beta), loading HDF Versions of the games is the way forward. I've opted to also be able to load Workbench, it's configured with a Bootloader for the WHDLoad folder versions of the games as well.

Looks great....by any chance where did u get the video bezel for the default theme?....that 1 looks a ton better than the one I got....also I'm attempting to compiling cores ....so far b4 bed last night I got ubuntu installed on my PC via virtualbox and installed a few apps that are needed...today will see how it goes as now I need to make an android folder in home directory and do the commands that are needed...hopefully it goes well so we can play those mame handhelds 

42 minutes ago, sanchezmike01 said:

Looks great....by any chance where did u get the video bezel for the default theme?....that 1 looks a ton better than the one I got....also I'm attempting to compiling cores ....so far b4 bed last night I got ubuntu installed on my PC via virtualbox and installed a few apps that are needed...today will see how it goes as now I need to make an android folder in home directory and do the commands that are needed...hopefully it goes well so we can play those mame handhelds 

The rainbow one?

Think I included that in my themes I posted. Think that was in this thread lemme look.

Oh I have been down that compiling route and basically failed. My little lappy is no good for all that stuff. Will have another crack when the pc is up and running.

7 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Thats good to hear! Thought you may skip it but its there for others. I will prob stick with the owl now myself!

Amuses me the Owl swooping in for the "Mouse". No doubt somebody will do better but this rush job will do me, it still ties in with the wheel art and other theme

• 6 months later...

An FYI... 

Myself and a couple of the forum members have been working on an Amiga Hyperspin project, on the Shield TV for some time now. As you can see from this thread. 

It's my opinion that the Whdload zip naming has to stop. These zip names change over time as the files are updated. This throws the xml and all media out of whack. This insanity has to stop!

We have the Whdload games collection converted to the HDF format. AGA and ECS games will have their own folders.This means the games that have an AGA and ECS version, can share the same name and potentially share some media assets (e.g wheel art).

We are currently in the process of naming them so frontends can scrape online to get the media and meta data, for those not using Hyperspin. Once done we can build an xml from these files and start adding in the meta data.

We are looking to cover AGA, ECS and the CD32 CD rips, each having their own xml file. Although we are primarily focused on doing this for Android, our end goal is to benefit all Amiga fans no matter how they choose to emulate the Amiga. Whether it be PC, Android, RPI etc. 

I've already posted in the official amiga xml thread. I have a lot of respect for the work fifou has done on it. I just honestly believe the Whdload zip naming is holding the Amiga wheel back, how the amiga is done in Hyperspin needs an over haul. 

Your thoughts and opinions are welcome

• 5 weeks later...

Right, to keep you guys in the loop... 

My family decided to keep our yacht we're converting, in Denmark until the Spring. So I've returned to the UK for the holidays. Having proper Internet and my desktop rig back, makes tackling this project easier...Plus I have more free time to concentrate on it, now I'm not busy with the boat. 

I've been beavering away at completing the missing artwork (Wheel, 3D Box, Diskette, Video snaps) I need for the collection to be complete. 

My good friend who had done the HDF files, has decided to overhaul them. The file sizes will be drastically reduced which is great, cheats & trainer options are being added to the loading splash screen too. The new naming nomenclature has also been set in stone.

Once these are done, I can generate a new xml gamelist. I will cut out superfluous stuff like the demos. 

Then comes the uae file creation, these are the files Hyperspin will use to launch the games from the wheel. This will be labourious as the Uae4arm emulator doesn't do cycle exact emulation. So I need to test each game is configured correctly, to run at the correct speed. I will also bind commonly used keyboard keys to the gamepad on a per game basis.

I've decided to take this on myself, to ensure it's done right. As an original owner of an Amiga, I want the collection to be as complete as is humanly possible.

Wish me luck. Of course I shall make the assets (minus the games obviously) available to you all once I'm happy. The collection I already did was pretty good but the Commodore Amiga deserves better. 

Wishing you all well with your projects. Enjoy the holiday's with your family and friends peeps! :)

Nice one Honosuseri!!
A majour task to take on but like you said to make sure it's done properly only one person should do it but I'm sure if you needed help there's a few of us on here who could help in some way.

So to load the final results, if Amiberri is never ported to sheild, we'd have to load each game the way you showed on previous videos using Workbench?
Good luck with it & keep us posted how you're progressing.

Have a great XMas!!

Glad to hear you have some more time to crack on with your project, wish i could say the same...

After you cut ties i did notice a problem with the folder structure. As I am working on an addition to your setup it would be nice to keep it as easy for others to use both together.

My only question is what config folder structure will you use? I would like to follow what your doing in that respect

Hyperspin/Roms/Commodore Amiga AGA/config

wont work for example because of the spaces

@StevieMacim sure Hono will get back to you but the workbench method is a bonus feature, you will be able to launch from Hyperspin straight into game.

Thank you for offering to help. I found it quite frustrating working with others. Explaining what I wanted done and why, was proving to be as much work as just doing it myself. Others have their own projects and I wish them well with it. 

Hyperspin has "rules" about what games should be included in the xml, I don't agree with these "guidelines". The HDF creator has faith I do know exactly what I'm talking about and what I have planned. They're happy I'll put together a very comprehensive collection.

The Amiberry devs would love to have their emulator working on Android BUT they can't get it to work. The latest version of uae4arm crashes on Android TV but works fine on phones, they're aware of it and working on a solution. There is an older apk we can use for now on the STV, I mentioned this much earlier in the thread. 

Hyperspin will launch the games from the uae files for the Uae4arm emulator. We trick Hyperspin into thinking these are the "game roms" by using uae as the extension in the ini file. These uae files point to the hdf version of the game, it also contains the control bindings, what kick-start to use and how the Amiga should be configured etc.

My workbench method can NOT use the hdf game files, it's using the whdload zip files extracted out to folders. I had to add a bootloader into it, which is better than the one we were originally using to launch games from the wheel. I intend to overhaul this Workbench hdf so it has a Web browser and music playback software etc. It's a geeky bonus so I'll do that last, the current one works well enough. 

1 hour ago, reznnate said:

This sounds great!    As an ex-Amiga 1000 and 2500 owner, I've wanted a clean emulation setup for ages.   

As your project progresses, please send progress videos.   ?

I doubt I'll do videos due to time constraints. I won't really be active on the forum BUT I wanted peeps to know my project hasn't been abandoned. My proof of concept I had done videos on definitely works, I'm just refining it now.. Making it bigger and better! 

N.B I might have to fly out to Italy to give our other yacht some love and move her out of the EU. I'm dedicating all my free time to this project though.

I'm glad you posted. You had PM'd me making a generous offer to the Amiberry developers. I think that offer would be better made to help Lubomyr who is actively developing Uae4arm on android. He has a github page for Uae4arm, I'm sure you'll find it with ease.

Thanks for the show of support Rezz

• 3 weeks later...

Another FYI for you guys following this thread... 

I've started my own thread for my Amiga project, rather than post here any more. 

I now have a few videos up for Amiga CD32, as Rezz requested I try to keep you guys up to speed with my findings/progress. 

Many of the new videos will be off of my Nokia 8 phone. Mostly because Uae4arm still needs fixing for Android TV, partly because I also want to enjoy these classic Amiga games on the go as well!

• 7 months later...

Finally after much head scratching and back and forth, I managed to get the CD32 working on my Shield TV running 8.0 using UAE4Arm via Hyperspin. But I cannot find out if anyone solved the problem of choosing a uae config file just loading up the emulator instead of automatically launching the game.

Was it solved at all?

Info on amiga/android stuff seems patchy.

49 minutes ago, Rhoobarb2005 said:

Finally after much head scratching and back and forth, I managed to get the CD32 working on my Shield TV running 8.0 using UAE4Arm via Hyperspin. But I cannot find out if anyone solved the problem of choosing a uae config file just loading up the emulator instead of automatically launching the game.

Was it solved at all?

Info on amiga/android stuff seems patchy.

I think what you've done is under the Miscellaneous tab enabled show GUI on start up. So it's loading into the emulator GUI rather than the game directly.

If you've done a whole load of uae files already you can use the find and replace feature of notepad++ to batch convert all the files at once. I think the line should be use_gui=no in the uae file but don't quote me on it.

5 hours ago, Honosuseri said:

I think what you've done is under the Miscellaneous tab enabled show GUI on start up. So it's loading into the emulator GUI rather than the game directly.

If you've done a whole load of uae files already you can use the find and replace feature of notepad++ to batch convert all the files at once. I think the line should be use_gui=no in the uae file but don't quote me on it.

Yeah, I had already set use_gui=no in the .uae file.

I must be missing something else

Another thing I have noticed, when you quit the emulator, instead of going back to hyperspin it goes to the shield home page.

Archived