Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Commodore Amiga Nvidia Shield TV

Luvarim

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Pouteur said:

Hi guys,

Here is a video of my commodore Amiga wheel. 140 games so far, somes are in hdf and others in adf.

Nice I'm in the process of converting the whole .lha set to hdf. Some are not working but hitting a couple of hundred. Another few weeks to go.

On 2017-04-11 at 1:20 PM, Pouteur said:

Great !

All of the games in my wheel works.

It's great that you got Amiga working but maybe you could give back to the forum with your config files and how you got it working?  Your videos are nice and all but it seems hits for your youtube channel is all you post about outside of asking for help.  Why don't you respond to your other Amiga thread where others were collaborating on how to get it working and share?

3 hours ago, aftermath17 said:

It's great that you got Amiga working but maybe you could give back to the forum with your config files and how you got it working?  Your videos are nice and all but it seems hits for your youtube channel is all you post about outside of asking for help.  Why don't you respond to your other Amiga thread where others were collaborating on how to get it working and share?

I helped him out with that setup. I will put something out when I have done some more! 

I think it's harder for Pouteur being French. Writing guides in native language is hard enough and there isnt really much demand here.

On 21/04/2017 at 5:30 PM, aftermath17 said:

Hi aftermath.

Here is a link with all my uae files and with a tutoriel but in french.

https://mega.nz/#!21YX3Rxb!Yv-cR44cq9Ag6MBSOtsmhuuMWzrZGoc74umv5CnVtAY

Like  thatman says, i didn't think that a lot of people was interested by my files on this topic because most of them  allready have there own configuration.

But if m'y files can  help you i share it with pleasure.

Sorry for  my bad english.

On 2017-04-22 at 4:45 PM, Pouteur said:

Hi aftermath.

Here is a link with all my uae files and with a tutoriel but in french.

https://mega.nz/#!21YX3Rxb!Yv-cR44cq9Ag6MBSOtsmhuuMWzrZGoc74umv5CnVtAY

Like  thatman says, i didn't think that a lot of people was interested by my files on this topic because most of them  allready have there own configuration.

But if m'y files can  help you i share it with pleasure.

Sorry for  my bad english.

Hi Pouteur,

Sorry if I jumped to conclusions, that is very generous of you to share your work.  Thanks so much!!

I checked the video of the amiga setup .....u need to check your artwork 3 or 4 folder.....reason being is u are missing the disk images which go in front on the bottom of the boxart....maybe the images are there but misspelled because everything is named according to the whdload zips.

8 hours ago, sanchezmike01 said:

I checked the video of the amiga setup .....u need to check your artwork 3 or 4 folder.....reason being is u are missing the disk images which go in front on the bottom of the boxart....maybe the images are there but misspelled because everything is named according to the whdload zips.

It is a voluntary choice.
I don't like when there's too much on my wheel.
The games boxes are enough for me no need the disk images.

Oupps....... But i have to say that i use to be an atari 520 st player ;-) 

Furthermore, i have tried a lot of games, but a lot, have problèmes, or doesn't starts at all, so indeed, it's missing some amiga's hit.

But if you want, give me a rom list, and i'll try to put them in  the  wheel ;-) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My system folder path is custom and I did put the BIOS in there.   In RetroArch, my System/BIOS folder is defined and I have confirmed that I have kick31.rom in that folder.  Some games *seem* to work but most just go to that animated floppy disk screen.  Example, Arabian Nights goes to a cracking groups intro (Crystal).  If I press Start, I get a virtual Keyboard.  "X" goes to some UAE config window.  Nothing starts the game.  Apache Flight does the same thing, goes to a Fairlight intro page.

My system folder path is custom and I did put the BIOS in there.

If you are using setup linked in Amiga post, each config file per game points at a specific location. The retroarch system folder does not apply.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Im on to testing 2277 HDF files with this setup now.
A little while and I will get all my infomation possible out on Amiga. Its a long and slow process going fullset.
@reznnate what did you do with cd32 in the end?

I expected cd32 to be an easier setup but it looked like it needed same setup as other Amiga games. So I didn't pursue it at the time. I wanted the emulator or core to add non-hardcoded file paths first.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Guys, 

I have taken the setup shared by pouteur and made adjustments to not only work from folders, making it easier to update the slaves and also WHDload itself, but there is no need to rename every slave to game.slave

It works by using a setup made by a guy on the raspberry-pi, and with some minor adjustments I managed to get it running. The credit must go to Dom and the team. 

I will test some more before linking to everything you need and giving instructions on what you need to do. 

This doesn't include any artwork etc, just a better way to get games running 

2 hours ago, aftermath17 said:

My system folder path is custom and I did put the BIOS in there.   In RetroArch, my System/BIOS folder is defined and I have confirmed that I have kick31.rom in that folder.  Some games *seem* to work but most just go to that animated floppy disk screen.  Example, Arabian Nights goes to a cracking groups intro (Crystal).  If I press Start, I get a virtual Keyboard.  "X" goes to some UAE config window.  Nothing starts the game.  Apache Flight does the same thing, goes to a Fairlight intro page.

These games probably use adf and have cracktros on them. Usually a mouse button or keyboard key is used to get past it

Archived