Luvarim

Commodore Amiga Nvidia Shield TV

CDTV titles that I have tested (Well, got to start the game at least, may require further testing)

Works:
Battlestorm
Case of the Cautious Condor
Fantastic Voyage
Global Chaos
Guy Spy
Prehistorik
Raffles
Sim City
Space Wars (Most overly faffy menu I have ever seen in any game ever)
Town With No Name
Turrican
Xenon II (Must Get!)

Works, but....:
Hound of the Baskervilles (Works, but need to set "dPad as Joystick" on port 0, and  "dPad as mouse" on port 1)
Psycho Killer (Works, but need to set "dPad as Mouse" on port 0, and  "dPad as joystick" on port 1)
Mind Run (Loads, but control system needs figuring out)
Tie Break (works, but main menu invisible)
Wrath of the Demon (Works, but uses the right analog stick to control.)

Broken:
Chaos in Andromeda (Nothing, just blank screen)
Log!cal (Starts with splash screen and music, but just goes to blank screen)
Power Pinball (Nothing, just blank screen)
The Curse of RA (Nothing, just blank screen)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rhoobarb2005 said:

CDTV titles that I have tested (Well, got to start the game at least, may require further testing)

Works:
Battlestorm
Case of the Cautious Condor
Fantastic Voyage
Global Chaos
Guy Spy
Prehistorik
Raffles
Sim City
Space Wars (Most overly faffy menu I have ever seen in any game ever)
Town With No Name
Turrican
Xenon II (Must Get!)

Works, but....:
Hound of the Baskervilles (Works, but need to set "dPad as Joystick" on port 0, and  "dPad as mouse" on port 1)
Psycho Killer (Works, but need to set "dPad as Mouse" on port 0, and  "dPad as joystick" on port 1)
Mind Run (Loads, but control system needs figuring out)
Tie Break (works, but main menu invisible)
Wrath of the Demon (Works, but uses the right analog stick to control.)

Broken:

We dont have a CDTV thread here. Probably good to start a fresh one with your last 2 posts. Valuable info imo

• Super Like 1

7 hours ago, Rhoobarb2005 said:

Broken:

I see you're starting to come across the weird control issues now ;)

For what it's worth I've tried the latest uae4arm build on my phone, there is no Chipset extra option for CDTV, just CD32. The Curse of RA works on PC with Winuae providing you use CDTV settings. I've tried CD32 extra chipset and the game won't work it must use the CDTV option. So I don't think there's much hope getting it to work on Android unless the emulator is worked on further.

P.S Yes Xenon II is a MEGA BLAST and is awesome with the CD Audio....and Colin ;)

• Super Like 1

44 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

I see you're starting to come across the weird control issues now ;)

For what it's worth I've tried the latest uae4arm build on my phone, there is no Chipset extra option for CDTV, just CD32. The Curse of RA works on PC with Winuae providing you use CDTV settings. I've tried CD32 extra chipset and the game won't work it must use the CDTV option. So I don't think there's much hope getting it to work on Android unless the emulator is worked on further.

P.S Yes Xenon II is a MEGA BLAST and is awesome with the CD Audio....and Colin ;)

Yeah, but I distinctly remembering the amiga hardware itself having some odd reactions to certain control configurations, the problem of using 2 possible peripheral types for 1 port. The amiga had no 'identify/response' like we have with USB today, so it never knew if you had a joystick or mouse plugged in. If it was a mouse based game and you had a joystick plugged in, you could get the mouse cursor to wiggle a tiny bit if you moved the joystick around. Conversely if it was a 2 player joystick game and you had a mouse plugged in, player 2 just received erratic signals.

There was also a system library or program made so you could control the mouse cursor with the joystick, and it was used in many CD32 (and I guess in some CDTV too) titles that were direct ports from the home computer variants. I think it was called joymouse or something.

But anyway, I digress...

How could I forget about Colin??