Jump to content
Luvarim

Commodore Amiga Nvidia Shield TV

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, aftermath17 said:

See attached images.

amiga.JPG

amiga2.JPG

By size I mean this...on this screen shot the height is set to 400....now if u test addams family and donkey kong with the same config settings what I have found is that width and height is perfect for addams family but this same cfg seems to large in height for donkey kong....at a height of 400 I can't see the 1st layer or 1st floor of the game when it starts...now idk if it's because of my tv 65inch curve....I haven't tested all the games yet as I been busy but I will try to lower the height for donkey kong to test it later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, aftermath17 said:

See attached images.

amiga.JPG

amiga2.JPG

Try changing the boot priority of the agony line to 0 (it's the 10 right at the end). That will make the boot take priority. 

 

And set the height to 480 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bippym said:

Try changing the boot priority of the agony line to 0 (it's the 10 right at the end). That will make the boot take priority. 

Nope, same prompt.  To launch I browse to the UAE right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's definitely weird. Everything is working here. I have a few games running now 

 

Your path in the config doesn't seem to match the path of your folders. You seem. To have an extra hyperspin folder in the UAE file... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bippym said:

It's definitely weird. Everything is working here. I have a few games running now 

HDF don't work.  ADF do.  I can't see why it's the WEstern Digital share, it's a Public share so every system has full read/write on it.  Every other system works except Amiga.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to try this new method for the hell of it....lmao.....I already been thru hell making over 2200 hdf files that have included unzipping the whdload then renaming the whdload folder the same as the zip because media is named same as the zip and not the folder inside...thennnnnn rename all slave to game.slave....then do the process of making the hdf.....all that for approx 2200 games... yea what else can be worse that I can expect....lmaoooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aftermath17 said:

HDF don't work.  ADF do.  I can't see why it's the WEstern Digital share, it's a Public share so every system has full read/write on it.  Every other system works except Amiga.

Your path is wrong. Remove the hyperspin/ part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aftermath17 said:

HDF don't work.  ADF do.  I can't see why it's the WEstern Digital share, it's a Public share so every system has full read/write on it.  Every other system works except Amiga.

Did u make the hdf yourself?....if so did u follow the instructions properly?.....unless the whdload had an error while u were converting it should work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bippym said:

Your path is wrong. Remove the hyperspin/ part

I don't think so.  That's my RetroArch system folder, I have it in my Hyperspin folder on my NAS for convenience so I can read/write to it from my PC without issues.  In RetroArch, my system folder is defined as:

/storage/MYBOOKLIVE/Hyperspin/RetroArch/system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aftermath17 said:

I don't think so.  That's my RetroArch system folder, I have it in my Hyperspin folder on my NAS for convenience so I can read/write to it from my PC without issues.  In Hyperspin, my system fodler is defined as:

/storage/MYBOOKLIVE/Hyperspin/RetroArch/system

Looking at your screenshot it looks like you're accessing the same MYBOOKLIVE. I would copy the path from a working ADF and then modify the final couple of folders. Just to be sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bippym said:

Looking at your screenshot it looks like you're accessing the same MYBOOKLIVE. I would copy the path from a working ADF and then modify the final couple of folders. Just to be sure. 

RType works fine and this is what I have for that, same path.

kickstart_rom_file=/storage/MYBOOKLIVE/Hyperspin/RetroArch/system/kick31.rom
nr_floppies=1
floppy0=/storage/MYBOOKLIVE/Hyperspin/RetroArch/system/amiga/adf/R-Type.adf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sanchezmike01 said:

Did u make the hdf yourself?....if so did u follow the instructions properly?.....unless the whdload had an error while u were converting it should work

No I didn't, they are confirmed working HDF from the link bippy provided.  I also have some from Pouteur that he confirms work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bippym said:

I would put them on the root of my shield to rule out the NAS.

I agree....my initial test didn't load any hdf stored on my hdd....once I moved them to the shield root ,they worked....for some weird reason my hdf works from the shield root and my adf work from the hdd....if u have alot of hdf like I do (2200) then u can batch script the uae cfgs from the batch thatman posted 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bippym said:

I would put them on the root of my shield to rule out the NAS.

That's it, Amiga HDF will not work over a NAS, even with full public permissions.  I just switched it over to the local folder and it works.  That goes for Pouteur's method and bippym's method.  Hope this saves someone else the hassle.  Thanks guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, aftermath17 said:

That's it, Amiga HDF will not work over a NAS, even with full public permissions.  I just switched it over to the local folder and it works.  That goes for Pouteur's method and bippym's method.  Hope this saves someone else the hassle.  Thanks guys.

I keep very few roms on the shield itself....but it seems as if amiga hdf is mandatory,  openbor, and one or 2 other ..I also keep my windows95 image there and some win95 iso games for msdos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sanchezmike01 said:

I keep very few roms on the shield itself....but it seems as if amiga hdf is mandatory,  openbor, and one or 2 other ..I also keep my windows95 image there and some win95 iso games for msdos

That's exactly why my system folder was on my NAS, I want my roms on my NAS not my Shield.  I guess a few systems can't deal with a NAS.  What do you use to play Hyperspin DOS games?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aftermath17 said:

That's exactly why my system folder was on my NAS, I want my roms on my NAS not my Shield.  I guess a few systems can't deal with a NAS.  What do you use to play Hyperspin DOS games?  

I use magic box...I like that emulator because u can use the built in Keymapper which allows u to map any keyboard key or function with the controller.....because it's msdos I recommend u also get a Bluetooth keyboard as its easier to type in commands to set games up....once the games have been. Imported u can launch and control everything with the controller....now with this u can emulate windows 95 so u can play windows iso games like fallout2 and many others...only downfall is idk the parameters to launch from the wheel and the apk creator doesn't use a frontend and he really doesn't know what hyperspin needs to launch from the wheel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2017 at 3:14 PM, aftermath17 said:

That's exactly why my system folder was on my NAS, I want my roms on my NAS not my Shield.  I guess a few systems can't deal with a NAS.  What do you use to play Hyperspin DOS games?  

If an emulator or app isn't working with NAS, it may be trying to write/extract files in that particular folder.

Perhaps you need to set write-access for the NAS login being used.  (thx for clarification lilcza)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NAS drives are writable on the Shield TV, with the 7.0 Android update.

Just goto Settings - Storage - Network Devices then select your NAS and log in as Registered user, put in your admin or writable account info.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, reznnate said:

If an emulator or app isn't working with NAS, it may be trying to write/extract files in that particular folder.

TODAY, on Shield, NAS drives aren't write-able.   

Actually, that's not true.  My RetroArch system folder and cfg file are on my NAS and RetroArch writes and re-saves the cfg file regularly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aftermath17 said:

Actually, that's not true.  My RetroArch system folder and cfg file are on my NAS and RetroArch writes and re-saves the cfg file regularly.

Sorry for the confusion, I edited my post.  Thx for the clarification.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little update on this.

 

Bippym has arrange new additions to the uae4arm emulator?

We have a beta apk for testing and getting all the configs and artwork naming issues worked out.....it will get released at some point.

All in all this is shaping up to pit Amiga emulation with Hyperspin in a good place. Lots to do but watch this space

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thatman84 said:

Bippym has arrange new additions to the uae4arm emulator?

We have a beta apk for testing and getting all the configs and artwork naming issues worked out.....it will get released at some point.

All in all this is shaping up to pit Amiga emulation with Hyperspin in a good place. Lots to do but watch this space

AWESOME!  I'm really happy to hear this.   I'm also glad others are engaging emulator developers for improvements.   Most are willing if you ask for small fixes/tweaks nicely!   :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reznnate said:

AWESOME!  I'm really happy to hear this.   I'm also glad others are engaging emulator developers for improvements.   Most are willing if you ask for small fixes/tweaks nicely!   :-)

:) i was hoping you would spot that. I will PM you later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...