Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

**SOLUTION STILL NOT FOUND!** Hyperspin bug!!! Please help....

martijnsx

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the OP's issue on my setup as well (hs 1.3.3 rocketlauncher 1.0.1.4, ds4windows with ps4 wireless controllers.)

This issue occurs when a direction is hit right after selecting a game, but before the game actually launches. It's happens more frequently with emulators that take a sec to launch after selecting the game.

I tried to set block input option in rocketlauncher ui to 2 seconds, but this only takes affect once the rom is actually running and in focus.

Is there a way to block input the instant a game is selected, but before the emu/game launches for 1-2 seconds? Maybe with a launch script?

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw that the latest 4/20/16 rocketlauncher 1.1.0.0 has "suspend frontend" option under global/system settings. I'm wondering if this fixes the issue...has anyone try this?

I would try myself, but I've been reading of many issues people are having with emus not launching, fade errors, etc on 1.1.0.0

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Does any one have a solution to this problem. I still have it on the latest hyperspin and rocketlauncher as of 23 november 2016.

I narrowed the problem down. It happens when you start a game and the waggle/use the directional keys (or joystick) fast. The emulator/game starts and the wheel sound is still active.

Very annoying because when other people play it always happens.

Can this bug please be looked at. I think this stability bug is priority nr 1.

Ok,

I narrowed this bug down even further.

In the game selection wheel keep pressing UP. Then press the button to start a game  (A button for me) while keep pressing up. The game starts and the wheel moves on and the sound of the next wheel can be heard while the game/emulator is started.

No spaz needed. Just the UP key and the key to start the game.

Solution should be close for someone who is programming hyperspin. Please help me vote for a solution for this bug and keep this thread active.

Thanks.

Fixing the bug should not be that difficult, in my HS skin this bug does not appear (videos are loaded directly into the background .swf, HS engine is not used).

Probably in the code there's a listener for keypress: "enter" stops the video and launch the game but if you quickly move wheel after "enter" the other video will start without being stopped. In my code I'm using a listener for application entering or exiting focus, video is removed when off-focus and added when in-focus.

As3 code

stage.addEventListener( Event.ACTIVATE, activateCb, false, 0, true );
stage.addEventListener( Event.DEACTIVATE, deactivateCb, false, 0, true );
	function activateCb(e:Event):void{    
	ns.play(HSpath + "/dark13/Aeon Nox/Video/" + SystemName + "/" + RomName + ".mp4");
	}
	function deactivateCb(e:Event):void{    

ns.close();
nc.close();
vid.clear(); }
	}

Hi Dark13,

What do you mean with "in my code" and "in my HS skin"? You say you do not use the HS engine. Is there a different way to run hyperspin?

I never used or edited code like you posted and i do not know what to do.

Could you explain in laymen terms what steps i have to make/do (step by step) to get rid of the bug? That would make my day:)

Thanks.

HyperSpin is basically based on flash player, this means you can run actionscript3 code inside hyperspin. My theme heavily relies on as3 to add features not originally implemented in HyperSpin (scrolling text from an xml. weather forecast, etc).

In the latest version of Aeon Nox XIII HS videos folder is empty and videos are played from "dark13" folder. My skin doesn't have this bug because the background .swf loads the video, not hyperspin itself.

I added the code for BBB and other people in HS development, the code should be used in HS itself (not 100% sure it's as3 but it's my best guess). You can use that code in a .swf to call a video (there's more code obviously, that code only add listeners and remove or play the video) but to use that code you must "convert" all themes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BTW, I found a workaround by using the Freeze Front-End function of RocketLauncher...  The only thing to care of, is to have the Emulator exit using a RL key/joy press and not the emulator exit function

Well, that would be great news! I think i tried that option before and it looked like it worked but it did not.  I think i got this suggestion on the RL forum. 

What do you mean by using the RL keypress exit instead of emulator exit function?

I will try today again if it works.

Basically, when RL start a game, he will suspend the hyperspin process .... Then if the emulator (let's say retroarch) quit using the internal exit feature, RL does not detect the exit, and forget to resume the HyperSpin process.

So basically, you have to not use the emulator exit buttons and use the exit emulator button configured in RL (which might be the default behavior for many of us?)

I tried "suspend frontend" in rocketlauncher setup. I think you ment suspend instead of freeze? 

The suspend option does not work. I am still able to launch a game with the sound of the wheel on the background.

Do i do something wrong? Must i use a different setting? Or can you test it again? Maybe it looked like it work but it did not?

I wonder why you're having so much trouble with it on your machines?

I've only ever had it happen a few times and it was always by my dad spazzing out on the controls. I've never once had it happen (by anybody) otherwise.

I wonder if it's more sensitive on yours? It's certainly never been a big enough problem that I even looked into a fix for it. Earlier someone said it can be caused by pressing Up while selecting a game. Maybe you could make an AHK script to prevent up and select from being registered at the same time?

martijnx, In the Suspend Mode, and the when emulator active, is HyperSpin freezed? (Use Alt-Tab)... if not, there's something not correctly configured in RL ... I can share my HS/RL/RA/Joy2Key config files if needed

It seems like this workaround solved the problem but it introduces a new one.

Often hyperspin (the frontend) crashes or does not react (freezes) when i exit an emulator. It happens almost every time when you directly exit an emulator after starting it. It happena sometimes when i play a game a while longer. So far in 1 day i had about 10 crashes.

Any solution for that? 

Archived