Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

**SOLUTION STILL NOT FOUND!** Hyperspin bug!!! Please help....

martijnsx

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On my side, the main bug is solved, but there is a slight 1 sec delay when HS resume, and there are some glitchs when the keyboard is pressed a bit too much before the emulator start....

... Those are manageable issues, but works a bit less optimal than the workaround (but will force to never update RL again :( )

Well, the first time i tried i had some issues and hyperspin crashed a couple of times. A couple of days later i tried and there were no issues only that starting a game and exiting a game takes 1 extra second or so. I did not test anymore but i am thinking of going back to the configuration with the workaround. That one works and feels better and more responsive. Then indeed i cannot update hyperspin anymore.

Hope i can get back to my old configuration but i am not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bubs,

I tried the latest RL update and i am sure it is buggy for me. Sometimes the exit key to exit the emulators does not work. I am for sure going back to the configuration with the workaround as you proposed in this thread. Do you also have the problem of the exit key not working sometimes? At least for me it does in Nestopia and i thought i also had the problem with gameboy games.

Also posted this on the RL forum. Maybe you have any news?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Maybe it has something to do with the issue I'm having, the fact that HS is entirely flash-based... I dunno, at this stage I'm clueless as to what to do anymore.

Rundown is I'm trying to set up a wheel to run some flash (.swf) games and I can't *for the life of me* get the flash player projector app window to *stay active and on top* of the hyperspín one.

Simply, there is no ahk code that can get flash player *both* on top (visible) *and* active (to get keyboard input) I tried *everything*. Most I get out of ahk is for the flash player window to stay on top. But then it won't get any keyboard input (unless I manually hit Alt+Tab). However, simulating this action within my ahk script won't get me there.

I'm tired, as it seems that the flash player is either stubborn not to be on top *and* active, or HS is doing something fishy and I can't *for the life of me* figure out how to work around it.

To those with the heart to be willingful to shed some light on the issue, I've attached a copy of my launcher script. Hope there's a way to work around this and someone can point it out to me.

**(BTW, I'm not using RL).

Handheld Games.ahk

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still having this problem...  can anyone advise the best solution? 

Mine exists ok most of the time, but occasionally won't exit at all. 

Going to try disabling the "exit emulator key" altogether in rlui and see what happens, and maybe use ESC for the "hyperspin" key as it is in mame.  

• 1 month later...

i am not quite sure, if i might have missed something. But i still have the problem, the Thread creator described. After Launching a game, iam Still able to move the wheel, which leads to glitched out sounds of the video preview and mostly to confused players ;)

I tried suspending the Frontend in RL so far and made all settings, which where described here. Could somebody please tell me all the necessary steps, so that i can finally fix this problem? :(

Well, i did an update last week and the problem is still there. Also with the suspend option. Hyperspin gets also confused so that the exit button does not work anymore or other buttons do not work.

I now bought a license to launchbox premium.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bubs,

Yes, is still have issues. If i start a game and immediately wiggle the joystick and i repeat this a couple of times with starting different games then eventually my controls in hyperspin are messed up. Somethimes the exit key does not work anymore in hyperspin or in an emulator. The last time none of the controls worked. I had the exit with Ctrl Alt Del to quit hyperspin.

My guess is that some sort of script messes up the controls.

Any help?

Thanks

For the video glitch some changes to HS code should be made. The "logic" as far as i see is "stop video when launch button is pressed", in my as3 theme i moved videos on an external folder and the background swf itself loads the video, the code removes the video when HS goes off-focus and loads it when HS goes in-focus.

stage.addEventListener( Event.ACTIVATE, activateCb, false, 0, true );
stage.addEventListener( Event.DEACTIVATE, deactivateCb, false, 0, true );
	function activateCb(e:Event):void{    
	ns.play(HSpath + "/dark13/Aeon Nox/Video/" + SystemName + "/" + RomName + ".mp4");
	}
	function deactivateCb(e:Event):void{    

ns.close();
nc.close();
vid.clear(); }
if (video_fullscreen == 0) {
vid.y = video_y;
vid.x = video_x;
vid.width = video_width;
vid.height = video_height;
mesh.graphics.beginBitmapFill(new MeshBitmapData(), null, true, false);
mesh.graphics.drawRect(video_x, video_y, video_width, video_height);
mesh.graphics.endFill();
    mesh.alpha = video_scanlines_alpha;
    b.y = video_y;
    b.x = video_x;
    b.width = video_width;
    b.height = video_height;

if (curved_screen_effect == 0) {
    b.alpha = 0;
}

} else {
vid.y = video_fs_y;
vid.x = video_fs_x;
vid.width = video_fs_width;
vid.height = video_fs_height;
mesh.graphics.beginBitmapFill(new MeshBitmapData(), null, true, false);
mesh.graphics.drawRect(video_fs_x, video_fs_y, video_fs_width, video_fs_height);
mesh.graphics.endFill();
    mesh.alpha = video_scanlines_alpha;
    b.y = video_fs_y;
    b.x = video_fs_x;
    b.width = video_fs_width;
    b.height = video_fs_height;

if (curved_screen_effect == 0) {
    b.alpha = 0;
}

• 2 months later...

Hi guys. 

Anyone throw any light on this?

I think I've sorted this on my setup. I changed the exit script mentioned above so rocketlauncher is forced to exit as it should. I then changed the exit emulator key back to esc, the same as in hyper hq and mame itself. Now,it's fine and doesn't freeze.   I also started having the sound issue with music from the menu playing in background when the game starts but I fixed this by turning on the "freeze frontend" setting in rlui. 

I still have this problem if anyone uses led blinky?  When you wiggle the joystick around as the rim is loading, led blinky returns to the hyperspin state and lights up the buttons as they were in hyperspin menu rather than lighting the game controls?

i contacted led blinky and they said...

I haven't heard of this issue but it seems like the joystick activity is
somehow causing HS or HL to send the "Game Quit" command to LEDBlinky. I
believe HS sends that command when there is a change of 'focus' between
apps, but I'm not totally sure. Maybe someone on the HS forum can help with
this. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

anyone any ideas with this?

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

It's been a while but has anyone sorted this out or did anyone find a solution?

Since i made some suggested changes in the past to the ahk file(s) hyperspin is acting weird after rocketlauncher had some updates. I will try a fresh new install of hyperspin. 

Or does someone know how to use the hyperspin themes on another front end? I see some post/video's about attract mode but i think it is for the raspberry pi and also saw people complaning of artwork nog lining up well.

Thanks.....

Turn on freeze frontend

change the script above     shown by dark13      (thanks top man ?)

Make sure your exit key is ESC 

should work fine. 

Just to add....  change the folder where your controls are stored (sorry can’t remember the name of it) to  “READ ONLY”      This solved a lot of problems on my setup. I must have reset the main controls in mame tab about 6 times.  Doing this stops it.  You have to temporarily change it back though if you modify any of the controls. 

• 6 months later...

I know this thread is old af, I but wanted to share a reliable and easy workaround.

While experimenting for a solution, I noticed input is blocked if you hold down the game select button (in my case, ENTER)

So I made a macro to hold Enter for 2 seconds when the game select button is hit in Hyperspin.  This solved the issue for me :) 

(For referance, In my set up, I am using ds4windows and a PS4 pad/controller)

• 2 weeks later...

Cool!  I’ll try that.  Can you elaborate how you did that exactly?  I’m not familiar with macros at all...

reason is, I’ve just recently turned “suspend front end” off,  because although (for me) it solved this issue of having music playing in background,  after a couple of hours the front end then stays on the same game it lands on and the controls become unresponsive. Only way to get it back is to restart the pc. 

By turning off “suspend front end” it stops this from happening... but you then get the music from the menu playing in background problem

The way I did this was through an option to record a macro and assign it to a button in the PS4 key bindings menu in ds4windows.  (Sorry, my solution was pretty specific to my set up)

I wasn’t able to do this through rlui, but it’s possible I might have missed something.

I believe I have “suspend frontend” on (not near my pc currently)

To do this with different controller setup, you might be able to make a simple script with something like AutoHotKey so that then Hyperspin is in focus, any time game select/launch (Enter for me) button is hit, hold it for 2 seconds.

note: you will want this to only trigger in hs, as it would be crappy to have a button stuck down for 2 sec when playing game ;)

• 5 months later...

Hi all.  Old thread now but has anyone managed to sort this problem with the video music playing in the background after a game loads?  

Only thing I’ve found that stops it is turning on “suspend front end” but this introduces the problem where the menu will stick on a game when exiting back to the menu, and controls become unresponsive.  The pc has to then be restarted as nothing brings it back into focus. 

Archived