Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSync 3.5 Install and Download Info

HyperSpin

You're error is telling me you do not have Windows Media Player installed.​ Install Windows Media Player from Control Panel > Add or remove Windows Features > Media > Windows media player then you'll be golden.

I re installed the whole Windows XP x64, did not remove any component, and tested the Windows Media Player.

Tried to run HyperSync and it crashes like before. One thing that i note, its the last WMP available for Windows XP its the 11 version. I am running now the WMP 10 (The version that came with Windows).

There is my log with the new SO installed. Any test do you guys want i'll de doing to debug this. Feel free to ask.

Thanks.

I re installed the whole Windows XP x64, did not remove any component, and tested the Windows Media Player.

Tried to run HyperSync and it crashes like before. One thing that i note, its the last WMP available for Windows XP its the 11 version. I am running now the WMP 10 (The version that came with Windows).

There is my log with the new SO installed. Any test do you guys want i'll de doing to debug this. Feel free to ask.

Thanks.

It may never work for you. :( I will see if I can buy some new media player controls that are compatible universally.

Or upgrade the unsupported and officially dead (by ms) os ;)

I thought like this too when i started this project Circo, i started everything in Windows 7 x64.

But after some research and have installed CRT Emu Drivers, (which are supported just in Windows XP for now), the emulation quality jumped to another level together with the tweaking across different platforms.

I really want to do a cabinet that brings back my childhood experience and that driver changed the way all the games looks in my "arcade monitor" (a combo of a decased TV and transcoder). I wish to have access to a real arcade monitor here in Brazil and would ditch the Windows XP right after that :)

I bet i am not the only that using an old OS until the end of the lifecicle next year here in the forums (precisely April 8, 2014). In this case i will wait patiently a new driver that works in Windows 7 or a Hypersync on Windows XP; even if for that you ditch the video preview when we are in Windows XP :P

Please, this post its just an explanation about why that Brazilian its using a operational system from Fred Flinstone's age. ;)

This community its a really good one, that really helps each other and its not an OLD OS that will make my experience better or worst here.

Sorry about the troubles, the long text and the broken English.

Respectfully.

I am biting the bullet and moving to Win7 x64 , as annoying as it is not having HyperSync running in XP (despite being told windows media player DLL's will solve it) I expect HyperSpin , MAME and other parts will follow suit in time to come .....

I don't think its good to limit functionality for the majority of users in order to support xp. The truth is the poor old dog just can't keep up anymore as the tools and abilities of the newer os's are beyond its capability. It is 3 windows versions ago after all. The other solution would be to build or maintain your hyperspin install on a modern pc and just sync it to your xp machine. Everyone should have a backup anyway so having it in two places is just common sense.

And as a last resort you can always install win 7 AND xp (dual-boot)

Edited by Circo

Rain, which files does HS actually needed from WMP? Because of my Windows 7 HyperSpin Edition I decided to take out the build in media player from Windows and to integrate VLC as this is a much lighter and faster mp. This is also the prefered mp by the most of us after doing a little research. I can implement WMP12 again, but I want it as lite as possible in there. So I was wondering which files it actually needs to run HS properly. Maybe you can PM me about this.

Thanks!

Rain, which files does HS actually needed from WMP? Because of my Windows 7 HyperSpin Edition I decided to take out the build in media player from Windows and to integrate VLC as this is a much lighter and faster mp. This is also the prefered mp by the most of us after doing a little research. I can implement WMP12 again, but I want it as lite as possible in there. So I was wondering which files it actually needs to run HS properly. Maybe you can PM me about this.

Thanks!

If it was just a bundle of random DLL files that HyperSync needed I would have included them in the build. However, HyperSync uses the core application to play media files at the moment. I am working on a DirectX version of HyperSync for viewing of the media assets but that could be a "long" time away. Windows Media Player in and of itself is not a 'large' application to speak of, but it is a required dependency of HyperSync; one of which there is no way around.

Thanks!

you might also want to check what's required for the new hyperlaunch as hyperpause uses windows media player..

EmuMovies Update Care Package

Just updated the application, so make sure to grab your copy today! Started adding in some methods for querying EmuMovies.com to retrieve data for the new HyperLaunch system. EmuMovies.com is almost becoming a necessity for HyperSync as so much of the data we get comes directly from there. If you are not a member of EmuMovies.com consider joining ASAP as big changes are coming to HyperSync and I personally want to make sure you get the most "bang" possible out of your video gaming setup.

I don't think its good to limit functionality for the majority of users in order to support xp.

You are right, that`s why i said ditch video preview while program it's running in Windows XP.

I got it working in XP by installing windows media player 11 , however I suspect other HyperApps will head in the same direction so to avoid future issues windows 7 will go in the coming weeks.

Nice app by the way Rain ! , super quick even for us in Australia.

I got it working in XP by installing windows media player 11 , however I suspect other HyperApps will head in the same direction so to avoid future issues windows 7 will go in the coming weeks.

Nice app by the way Rain ! , super quick even for us in Australia.

Awesome Ricky! I'll try tonight.

Getting "Database Error - Could not find proper database for system" Although i understand that it is not syncing is there a way you can implement a "check error log" at the end of the all system sync as so it will not interrupt the overall sync?

Just do like Circo suggested. Use any machine in your house thats windows 7 (or 8) install the bare HyperSpin and set up all of the systems in HyperHQ then set up HyperSync and let it do its thing and then copy those over to your other PCs and gaming machines. Don't worry about installing emulators or roms as they are not needed to download all the art you need.

Just make sure you update the databases when you set up your systems in HyperSync lol .. at first I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't download anything :P

Updated HyperSync to 3.5.0.25

This release includes a new Game Settings tab located within the Media Configuration window. This tab allows you to adjust what items get synced for a particular game. For instance if you do not want to sync a theme for Super Street Fighter 3 then you can turn off themes for this particular game. This is a beta build of the feature, but I believe it is very stable at the moment.

c56npZt.png

Also - Please ensure that you are all updating your HyperSync versions during this finalization process as new builds are being developed every single day. I still see about 70 users are using way out of date HyperSync's which are generating a lot of server side scripting errors; so let's get 'em updated. Thanks guys!

Rain I left mine run overnight for sync of all my systems, when I returned to it today there was a prompt on the screen saying "BOO" , the sync had stopped but when I clicked ok on the prompt it resumed ?

Hehehe, download the latest update. From time to time I put random MessageBoxes in my application to trap errors visually. You found an easter egg, the newest versions will not include the boo!

Rain - I'm almost mirroring what Circo said earlier but seriously I wouldn't even consider supporting Windows XP. Microsoft gives the shelf life of 10 years. Even though Vista sucked major ass I would simply make a stipulation that if a person wants to run Hypersync and get support they must be using Vista or later. Your time is way too valuable to dick a round with an OS that itself has no manufacturer support for.

The people that are using Windows XP with FCKGW PID# need to nut up and pay for an OS already lol.

PS - thanks for your work. I haven't updated Hypersync yet but hopefully will get around to it this weekend.

Anyone have any issues on Windows 8?

Well i hope Rain keeps up the good job he's doing and does it while still supporting XP i still use it and it still has a hell of a big user base which i don't think you can just ignore just yet and Deadly your post says exactly why i don't use a later OS, "nut up and pay for an OS already" done that got Vista and as you said "Vista sucked major ass" so i got burned there with that crap, "Anyone have any issues on Windows 8?" again exactly why i have not moved to that yet various friends have issues with certain programs still and i tried it and had some issues with it as well, it looks good for the future with it and i'll move to it at some point but just now i'll stick to my good old reliable windows XP thank you very :)

Vista doesn't suck anymore, they fixed it with updates! See now you have no excuse ;)

This reminds me of the days when everyone was holding onto win98 way too long. Personally I use win 7 on my desktops, a perfect xp replacement, and why I don't care for win 8 there (warming up quickly though), I do use win 8 on both my cabs and media center happily.

I guess that's the rub with technology, it just keeps going.

Edited by Circo