Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSync 3.5 Install and Download Info

HyperSpin

Windows 8.1 is the Bomb! The brilliance of Windows 7 was enough to move me away from the antiquated Windows XP framework, and after I saw the performance increase of Windows 8 vs Windows 7 I moved to it instead. Now that Windows 8.1 is out for public beta, I had no choice but to move to it, as a developer I cannot ignore the overall performance and enhancements of Windows 8. Granted a lot of elder legacy type applications won't run on it, it is a great operating system all around. HyperSync will have no issues with Windows 8 as the larger portion of it was programmed on Windows 8.1. I could never look back, and honestly it was the best $41 I think I ever spent in my life.

Honestly, I never really had any problems with Vista (even when it was new), it always did what it was supposed to do. The only thing I ever noticed is that people would blindly put it on systems with 512 MB of RAM (which was pretty standard for laptops back then) and it would run a little slow. Can't really fault Microsoft for users who don't pay attention and try to overload their systems with software it simply can't handle. Nope, I've got nothing bad to say about Vista at all. And compared to Windows XP Vista's GUI was ten fold better looking IMO. Vista gave us a lot of the stuff that we still use today in modern operating systems. I have an older Vista rig with 1.3GB of RAM, 1.2GHz Intel processor and a 40GB HDD that I am still very fond of, that's the computer I learned how to program on, and would not take anything in the world for it. As a matter of fact here is a little known fact; anytime I finish a build of an application, it is compiled on that very same Vista machine (mostly for sentimental reasons.) So, I guess in a round a bout way, without Windows Vista HyperSync would have never been published.. :)

Edited by Rain

lol Vista didn't have things wrong with it as such it was just ugly and a pain to use

i agree about Windows 8 it's looking good tho and at some point hope to get a new comp by the end of the year and that will have it on it but still a lot of people will use XP for a while yet and if it still does the job why not ;)

Edited by cranhill

Well, now I'm starting to get a little bored, HyperSync seems to be wrapping up and getting ready for an all out official version. Running out of bugs to fix, argh - time to go in search of my next big​ project....

Well, now I'm starting to get a little bored, HyperSync seems to be wrapping up and getting ready for an all out official version. Running out of bugs to fix, argh - time to go in search of my next big​ project....

I thought you said you would go into retirement? Just finish this one 'little' app called HyperSync! :D

So I guess quitting programing is like quitting smoking :) Glad you have the itch to get on to the next, thank you for all your amazing work!

HyperList is up there on my list as well, we have decided to just recode the whole damned thing as the current HyperList is to 'broken', and not worth the time to fix. Circo, you know me ~ I'm a multitasker baby!

On a serious note, I am so glad that everybody is enjoying the new HyperSync and that it is operating so well for so many. I owe so many people for it's success that I could not possibly begin to list everybody here. So, thank you all very much for your help along the way!

Ive noticed with some artwork for machines they dont match the required numbering system meaning there uneven in numbers. It would be nice to have the hyperlist redone so all the artwork is equal to each other in groups. The problem is boxes and other artwork material dont match the same number of items required. as for an example nes has in box numbers 792 items and the carts avalible is less 736. as for videos its 985 for nes Perhaps its best to have a matching game option in hypersync itself so it only matches the same number of items hyperlist is asking for as it would be nice to have a complete matching set for all types of artwork you can browse upon and know that it all adds up in a nice package.

so i was thinking to sort that matter out why not set to only roms you have as default so it syncs that instead and you can set find items regardless as other that would probably be the best way to get even numbers in everything and this would be only a requirement for consoles etc mostly as they will need it more then anything else.

as for mame it should be left the way it is cause that has 100000 of games anyway and its perfect in numbers.

Edited by relic

If you like i could start listing every machine and tell you how many are in each for artwork and video requirements so u have a rough idea of a database to follow along in numbers

k so here it goes

Nintendo Entertainment System

boxes = 777

carts = 736

wheels = 797

videos = 985

Super Nintendo

boxes = 787

Carts = 693

videos = 828

wheels = 788

Edited by relic

I love the work you did man, but seriously it is so frustrating to spend 45 minutes poking around and deleting INI files trying to figure out why I have no systems.

That Blue arcade cabinet tile with no label has got to go!!

Please label it and/or if someone has no systems pop right into the media configuration section.

Even after reading your instructions, I still didnt know that was an actual button to click. Maybe make the arcade cabinet smaller and label it "Settings" or use a cog along side a cabinet

Yesss, finally out. Unfortunately looks like I'm going to have to wait a little longer, as HyperSync isn't cooperating on my system, crashes immediately. DEBUG.log contents are here but I can't make sense of them:

http://pastebin.com/sztyRrD2

This on a minimally-touched Windows 7 64-bit install, fully updated, with .NET Framework 4 and Windows Media Player 12.

I tried running HyperSync as admin, running it from C, and repairing .NET 4 but still get the same error every time.

Yesss, finally out. Unfortunately looks like I'm going to have to wait a little longer, as HyperSync isn't cooperating on my system, crashes immediately. DEBUG.log contents are here but I can't make sense of them:

This on a minimally-touched Windows 7 64-bit install, fully updated, with .NET Framework 4 and Windows Media Player 12.

I tried running HyperSync as admin, running it from C, and repairing .NET 4 but still get the same error every time.

Yours looks to be a Windows Security issue and not a HyperSync issue, there is nothing you can do to get HyperSync to run. I will pass your issue on to Jon our resident Windows expert and he should be able to help you.

I love the work you did man, but seriously it is so frustrating to spend 45 minutes poking around and deleting INI files trying to figure out why I have no systems.

That Blue arcade cabinet tile with no label has got to go!!

Please label it and/or if someone has no systems pop right into the media configuration section.

Even after reading your instructions, I still didnt know that was an actual button to click. Maybe make the arcade cabinet smaller and label it "Settings" or use a cog along side a cabinet

It will never have a label, but I might consider adding a cog to it in later versions.

Yours looks to be a Windows Security issue and not a HyperSync issue, there is nothing you can do to get HyperSync to run. I will pass your issue on to Jon our resident Windows expert and he should be able to help you.

Huh, surprising considering it's an almost-new Windows install, but thank you for checking this out!

HyperSync 3.5.0.27 Now Supports XP32 & XP64

I couldn't leave you guys in the dark for too long, so after some very exhausting research and expensive libraries I am pleased to announce that HyperSync 3.5.0.27 now supports all Windows versions (XP and above.) If you have not already, redownload the HyperSync file from here and run. Thanks to everybody and your support!

how about the artwork number problem is that gonna be solved eventually

can we at least have the sync rom only if present option back as well

k so back on the number listing

sega game gear

boxes 259

wheels 259

as you can see sega game gear is spot on with its content

Edited by relic

I had the same issue. Add the following to Hypersync Cloud.exe.config

<runtime>
     <!-- enables legacy CAS policy for this process -->
     <NetFx40_LegacySecurityPolicy enabled="true" />
  </runtime> 

You can add it just after /configSections

See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4260782/c-sharp-net-4-0-that-assembly-does-not-allow-partially-trusted-callers for more detail.

Edited by pietie
xml tags wasn't showing up

When a database cannot be found for a system, HyperSync spits out "Cannot find proper database for system" as an error. The error isn't remotely informative enough because there's no way of knowing *which* system is missing the database in question.

I had the same issue. Add the following to Hypersync Cloud.exe.config

Thanks for the suggestion, although now the program just crashes, even with the .27 update. I disabled my Anti-Virus (Microsoft Security Essentials) and Firewall (Windows Firewall) just in case, but same thing. Event 1026 in Event Viewer:

Application: HyperSync Cloud.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException

Stack:

Here's a pasebin with the rest: http://pastebin.com/eb33WpBT

Thanks for the suggestion, although now the program just crashes, even with the .27 update. I disabled my Anti-Virus (Microsoft Security Essentials) and Firewall (Windows Firewall) just in case, but same thing. Event 1026 in Event Viewer:

Application: HyperSync Cloud.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException

Stack:

Here's a pasebin with the rest: http://pastebin.com/eb33WpBT

So there's nothing in debug.log? Or no other event entries of note before or after this one?

This is the best info I could find on the error.

http://ig2600.blogspot.com/2011/01/why-do-i-keep-getting-exception-code.html

Unfortunately you're going to have to get your hands dirty with windbg and if you're not familiar with it it can be quite a steep learning curve.

http://ig2600.blogspot.com/2009/07/finding-clr-exceptions-with-visual.html

Another thing I can recommend that sometimes helps in these situations is to use sysinternals Process Monitor and Process Explorer...

No, when I put in the code mentioned earlier, the program outright crashes with nothing written to debug.log. If I remove the lines (revert to stock .cfg file) debug.log just gets the error mentioned earlier.

I just really don't get what the cause could be; I reinstalled my OS on that PC entirely about two weeks ago and it's a gaming-only PC with emulation stuff and Steam+some games, I don't even have a web browser on it other than IE. It's very, very close to a stock install so I'm just baffled that it doesn't work. I might give Process Explorer a go, windbg is probably too rich for my blood. I might consider it if the problem still occurs in the next few versions.

No, when I put in the code mentioned earlier, the program outright crashes with nothing written to debug.log. If I remove the lines (revert to stock .cfg file) debug.log just gets the error mentioned earlier.

I just really don't get what the cause could be; I reinstalled my OS on that PC entirely about two weeks ago and it's a gaming-only PC with emulation stuff and Steam+some games, I don't even have a web browser on it other than IE. It's very, very close to a stock install so I'm just baffled that it doesn't work. I might give Process Explorer a go, windbg is probably too rich for my blood. I might consider it if the problem still occurs in the next few versions.

I tested on my laptop this morning (also Win7 64-bit) and it fails with same unhandled exception as yours, so that's good :)

I ran HS in windbg and it still seems windows security related. Running as admin doesn't help, the only thing that worked for me is to explicitly override the partial trust on the file - right-click on the .exe, properties and click unblock.

post-50857-14287059316_thumb.png

If you already did this or it still doesn't work then maybe Rain can help.

Rain, if you're interested, this is what windbg gave me:

Exception object: 035fe728
Exception type:   System.MethodAccessException
Message:         [color="#FF0000"] Attempt by security transparent method 'A.c524ee3f4f0441350cf54ebfc8a5d728d.c5eaff128485e1e9e2caa29c31786aeae()' to access security critical method 'System.AppDomain.add_ResourceResolve(System.ResolveEventHandler)' failed.[/color]
InnerException:   <none>
StackTrace (generated):
<none>
StackTraceString: <none>
HResult: 80131510

...I think it might be Reflection related.

I tested on my laptop this morning (also Win7 64-bit) and it fails with same unhandled exception as yours, so that's good :)

I ran HS in windbg and it still seems windows security related. Running as admin doesn't help, the only thing that worked for me is to explicitly override the partial trust on the file - right-click on the .exe, properties and click unblock.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28315[/ATTACH]

If you already did this or it still doesn't work then maybe Rain can help.

Rain, if you're interested, this is what windbg gave me:

Exception object: 035fe728
Exception type:   System.MethodAccessException
Message:         [color=#FF0000] Attempt by security transparent method 'A.c524ee3f4f0441350cf54ebfc8a5d728d.c5eaff128485e1e9e2caa29c31786aeae()' to access security critical method 'System.AppDomain.add_ResourceResolve(System.ResolveEventHandler)' failed.[/color]
InnerException:   <none>
StackTrace (generated):
<none>
StackTraceString: <none>
HResult: 80131510

...I think it might be Reflection related.

Cheers for the debug log! Looks like the problem is when its trying to determine your MAC address! I also want to thank you for the 'fix', I can confirm this works on two new machines!</none></none></none>