Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

HyperSync 3.5 Install and Download Info

HyperSpin

1. Will I need to do anything to any filenames for this to work or is it smart enough to know what the rom is regardless of the filename?

You answered 'NO'. Do you mean that No I do not need to do anything or No it is not smart enough to know what rom it is?

3. What will happen to the romsets that I already have all the media setup?

I'm guessing that (?) means you are asking for clarification... If I already have romsets that are not named according to Hyperspin/emumovies standards and already have media synced to the wrong name, what will HyperSync do with them?

Looking to get the platinum membership and lifetime emumovies subscriptions but I have a couple of questions first...

1. Will I need to do anything to any filenames for this to work or is it smart enough to know what the rom is regardless of the filename?

2. If I have romsets that are not named exactly according to the database XML files what will happen?

3. What will happen to the romsets that I already have all the media setup?

1) your rom names will need to match the hyperspin XML files... but this can be done autmatically in minutes using Don's Rom Renamer

2) The art/videos wont sync and the games might not play when selected from the hyperspin wheel

3) Using hypersync, you can choose what you want to sync... videos, box art, catridge art, wheel art and you can do it all the way down to a game by game basis

In my opinion, hypersync is well worth the membership. no downloading tons of media, no chasing down errors, nos etting a million things. in 15 minutes or less you can have several emulators set up with full art, themes, and videos. and its SUPER easy.

In general, here is kind of a step by step on getting everything(wheel art for every system/game, cartdige art/videos for every system game) done soup to nuts

1) download a non-intro rom set, or place all your roms into a folder

2) Use Don's rom renamer to rename all the roms to match the hyperspin XML

dons_zps3ef8ad88.jpg

3) use hypersync to get all of the art assigned to all your systems/games on the wheel/hyperspin menus

hypersync_zpsaf586dc8.jpg

i did the following for NES/SNES/Genesis in 20 minutes. it is really pretty simple using those 2 tools

Edited by jamaster14

One more question before I take the plunge...

Does Emumovies have non supported Hyperspin media?

If so, and I go with HyperSync, then how will I know that the roms are properly named?

Or will EmuMovies work off the CRC like Don's Rom Renamer?

the emumovies work off the same naming convention that the hyperspin wheel does. hypersync is one stop shopping. as long as your rom names are good, everything will sync... art and emumovies videos

It is based of the No-intro if it is not minted by HS yet or Official. (least from what I can tell) I am still trying to get all this set up myself but def worth spending the money and supporting all these hard working people.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, I've got an issue...

My cab has a limited screen resolution, so i can't turn 'sync system' on..

It's below the bottom of the screen at the highest resolution i can go...

Does Hypsersync not support low resolutions at all? (ie: windows bars that we can drag.. not sure what it's called)

highest i can go is 768x576..

Edited by Sledge

Ok, I've got an issue...

Does Hypsersync not support low resolutions at all? (ie: windows bars that we can drag.. not sure what it's called)

Hmmm. When I get home I'll see if I can find a workaround for you

**I think when I had my old cab with a crt screen, I had to use teamviewer to remote access in and click those sync buttons. Give that a shot.

Edited by baddeolv

Ok, I've got an issue...

I have a similar issue. Normally I will unplug my CRT to avoid damage and then tunnel into the system using a remote desktop application like UltraVNC or the built in windows 7 one.

Yeah i can't do that as the 'video driver' (mirror) that they install interfere's with either crt_emudrivers, or groovymame.. can't remember which.. :(

Edit:

Used Remote desktop connection in windows :cheers:

Doesn't require additional mirroring driver to be installed, and increases the resolution to a suitable size :)

Downside was that you have to have a password to be able to log on, so had to make one then remove it when i'd finished so the PC boots without password!

Edited by Sledge

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just have a quick question if anyone can help me out.

Under the Getting Started Section on this thread it says - Extract the ZIP file anywhere on your PC (do not extract RAW files to root HyperSpin directory)

Just to clarify does this mean I can have it in a subdirectory folder under the HyperSpin directory, e.g. C:\HyperSpin\HyperSync Cloud Beta or should the folder HyperSync Cloud Beta be kept somewhere completely different on the PC.

Also is there any reason not to replace the already existing folder C:\HyperSpin\HyperSync Cloud that I have already which comes as part of the Main HyperSpin Download itself?

Thanks in advance for any help

Edited by FoxyMonty

• 3 weeks later...