SkyHighGam3r

Gam3B0x, the Hyperspin Console.

So did you just buy a steam machine and use that (with upgrades) The reason I am asking is because I finally got hyperspin and roms to work on my computer and now I need a new computer for a htpc with KODI and HyperSpin for the living room. I have been trying to find a small computer to fit in the entertainment center (that's not a tower) that can act as a htpc and HyperSpin machine. I don't need any current pc games newer than PS2 for the most part (figured I would upgrade if I ever change my mind). 

I basically want something like yours for older games and KODI, so I may go that route if I can buy a steam machine computer for that. I really don't want to build one piece by piece with my small amount of skill. 

Oh yeah, absolutely. I figured it was easier to go with a base build and then upgrade then start from scratch for something like this. I feel the 'steam machines' are perfect for this use.

Though Steam machine is a bit of a misnomer in this context. Generally "Steam Machines" use a linux based OS so make sure anything you get has windows. Syber in particular has them separated into 2 sections for the kind I ordered. They were the cheapest I could find, and also offered some of the more low-end specs if you want to go that route.

That being said, they are great little gaming oriented PCs if you aren't trying to do anything crazy.

I DO recommend you take into consideration what kind of GPU you use if you get the same case as me however, as mine is massive and generates a lot of heat. The case really isn't designed to handle it hahaha. Shop around though, check websites for manufacturers that sell steam machines and look for the windows based ones, you'll find something that fits your needs.

When you were showing off your arcade you showed some shaders in retroarch that I never saw before.  Where did you get the HDMI shaders from?

• Upvote 1

When you were showing off your arcade you showed some shaders in retroarch that I never saw before.  Where did you get the HDMI shaders from?

The "HDMI" one is just the scalenx-3x-sfx shader.

the composite, component, rgb etc are from the "Analog TV shader pack" version 2 that I got on the libretro forums. (he's releasing version 3 soon)

I just loaded the original shaders and saved them again as a custom preset with easy to read names in the root shader folder. That way switching between them was simple instead of having to search through a bunch of ones that do god knows what hahaha.

User-Freindly is a concept I'm trying to push hard with my build.

Whoa, I just checked out that site, I had never heard of it.

No worries man, I always have to rename every single box, video, rom/iso, and XML as it is. I use custom naming schemes so it throws default XMLS all to hell haha. I have started just making them from scratch in my spare time. The Wii & DS ones I actually wrote up in my downtime at work.

Just the resource on that site alone is a godsend. Thanks man, I'm gonna check out their downloads as soon as I get home haha.

I knew about it from the wii hacking days. That's where the wii pulls images from. I actually still have a hacked wii here at the house.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I've jammed a mini PC into a Super Famicom case. Configuring HyperSpin, RocketLauncher and RetroArch is so tedious..

The main controller is the SNES one. I'd like to be able to use USB controllers for whatever system you are playing, but I really lack the patience and know how so far..

• Upvote 1

I've jammed a mini PC into a Super Famicom case. Configuring HyperSpin, RocketLauncher and RetroArch is so tedious..

The main controller is the SNES one. I'd like to be able to use USB controllers for whatever system you are playing, but I really lack the patience and know how so far..

That's awesome! I'd love to see that.

Man, I totally forgot about this thread though. It's pretty old. If you wanna see the current state of my build you should check out the video in my signature below. That's where I've been updating everything.