Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

TV Commercial Intros

Visitor Q

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent! So excited that this is moving forward. Thanks for your support, Circo. I'd like to help with normalization and sorting too.

I'm assuming that we can just start uploading into the existing HyperLaunch/Media folder under Upload Here that djvj started?

I've just uploaded all of my vids to the emumovies FTP as well. I tried to at least organize them by system.

As Visitor Q said - what's the next step here? How can we start to get these organized into an HL-ready structure, to eventually be consumed by HyperSync?

Bumping this thread. I've started to sort the videos everyone uploaded into HP system and game folders - its quite the task! But I'm assuming this is something that would be helpful for this mini-project.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Is there an automated way to do the sorting that I'm doing? Should I be spending my time doing something else?

I am all for the project, just not sure how to apply more effort to help?

Did you root through my videos yet? I know there are a lot of them...

I did root through your stuff, Visitor Q. The number of videos is staggering! I noticed that they're all 320x280, so most are smaller resolution than mine, which are typically 640x480. Not a huge deal given the low-quality source material, just a note. Many thanks for sharing your collection!

I'm not sure of the next steps, myself. I've started to manually sort everything of yours, tastyratz and mine into the HyperPause folder structure. It's quite the challenge! I have to wonder if there's an easier way. Still, I'm plugging away. Hopefully, Circo will chime in soon if I'm totally wasting my time. :facepalm:

If anyone is interested, I posted some custom system intros I made in my username folder on emumovies, which compile a number of commercials together, along with game footage. There's intros for 30 systems in all, plus a bonus video for my custom Masters of Universe wheel. The videos named to HL standards and are sorted into folders by system.

Ok. So I'm replacing everything in my folder with a revised set, this time sorted into folders aligned to HL standards. There's also a few extra sets of stuff in the Non-HS Systems folder:

- 80's TV (Saturday morning commercials, mostly)

- Apple IIe

- Atari Other

- Commodore Other (VIC 20, mostly)

- MOTU (Masters of the Universe commercials, which I have custom wheel for in my cab)

- NEC PC-FX

The upload is moving along now. Should be done within the next couple of hours.

There's also about 750 videos yet unsorted. They're in the Unsorted folder. I could really use help getting these aligned into the correct system folders.

After we empty the unsorted folder, the next step is to sort each of the system folders by game name, aligned to the HL standards. Non-game system content can be filed in the _Default folders for each system.

Anyone interested in helping out getting the remaining unsorted videos? I'd recommend just making a local copy and local folders for each system, then uploading all of your sorted content and merge it with my folder structure.

I'm 99.9% sure that I've gotten all of the Arcade/MAME content out, so I'm going to start naming those videos by game. After that, I'll go back to system-level sorting.

Ok, so the upload is taking a lot longer than I thought. I'm getting really bad transfer rates (50-60 KBi/s), so it's going to take a while yet. There's still another 3.8 GB to go.

As I have time this weekend, I'm going to clean up the Arcade/MAME set.

Arcade/MAME set is up and sorted and on the FTP. Only 28 videos, so it was pretty easy. I also added a Daphne folder with a couple of commercials for Dragon's Lair and Cliff Hanger.

I've gone back to sorting the systems now, and made it to the letter "F". There are still 540 left to go. If anyone wants to start helping with the sorting, please start from "Z" and work your way backward.

Without help, I'm going to guess this will take me another couple of weeks.

I appreciate all of the work going into this. I'm getting settled in with a lot of my other projects and really want to sit down with hyperpause and check out what all can be done with it. Hopefully in the future hypersync will work with this content also.

I appreciate all of the work going into this. I'm getting settled in with a lot of my other projects and really want to sit down with hyperpause and check out what all can be done with it. Hopefully in the future hypersync will work with this content also.

Thanks, startreker! There's lots of work to come. But fortunately, I've been able to make some huge headway this week.

After many hours, ALL of the content that VisitorQ, tastyratz and I had combined has now been sorted into system folders, according to HL naming standards. However, there is a great deal of work to be done before this content will be a "minted set" that people can just download and insert into their media folder.

I've taken it this far, but now I'm really going to need some help. The easiest way I think that we could slice this is that each of the system folders are assigned to an owner. This owner will be responsible for going through each of the files and doing the following:

• Converting all files to MP4, H264, 640x480
  • Naming all files in accordance with this standard: SYSTEMSHORTHAND_HLGAMENAME_DESC.mp4
  • Moving all system, non-game specific videos to the _Default folder
  • Eliminating duplicates, keeping the highest quality version
  • Uploading processed sets to the emumovies FTP here: /Upload Here/TV Commercials - Processed/SYSTEM NAME

More on the naming standard:

• SYSTEMSHORTHAND is defined below
  • HLGAMENAME is the HyperList game name
  • DESC is a 2-3 word descripton of the video
  • Example: NES_DrMario_WitchDoctor.mp4
  • This would reference the famous NES Dr. Mario commercial with the song that I'm sure most of us recall

Here are the systems that need owners. Please chime in if you're willing to help out and own a system.

• Nintendo Entertainment System - NES - 187 videos
  • Atari 2600 - 2600 - 130
  • Atari 5200 - 5200 - 22
  • Atari 7800 - 7800 - 9
  • Arcade/MAME - MAME - 5
  • Atari Jaguar - Jag - 10
  • Atari ST - AST - 2
  • ColecoVision - CV - 28
  • Commodore 64 - C64 - 27
  • Commodore Amiga - Amiga - 15
  • Odyssey 2 - OD2 - 7
  • Intellivision - INTV - 19
  • TurboGrafx-16 - TG16 - 6
  • Nintendo 64 - N64 - 93
  • Nintendo DS - NDS - 22
  • Nintendo Game Boy - GB - 42
  • Nintendo Game Boy Advance - GBA - 183
  • Nintendo Game Boy Color - GBC - 22

There are many more systems, but that'a all I had time to list for now.

Who would like to take ownership of each one of them?

I'm going to take NES to start.

• 8 months later...

Archived