Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

TV Commercial Intros

Visitor Q

Ah. Yes, those were part if what I have sorted in my folder structure. If we can get the rest of the commercials renamed and deduped, Circo would probably consider promoting the content into the official structure. Perhaps it makes more sense for it to live under HyperLaunch Media.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey vindic8r,

I'd be interested in helping with this. Is there any software in particular you recommend for converting the videos to the standard you've recommended? (MP4, H264, 640x480)

And if they aren't taken, I'd be willing to take on Atari 2600/5200/7800.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey vindic8r,

I'd be interested in helping with this. Is there any software in particular you recommend for converting the videos to the standard you've recommended? (MP4, H264, 640x480)

And if they aren't taken, I'd be willing to take on Atari 2600/5200/7800.

Go for it. Everything is up on the Emumovies FTP in my folder. All files are sorted by system name in the appropriate folders. Once you've sorted a folder, please move it to the "Minted TV Commercials" folder.

As for software, I use both Adobe Premiere Elements and AVS Video Editor. The former is much more robust, but can be tough to use and is a total slog. AVS Video Editor is pretty light on features, but gets the job done. It's also cheaper to get a license for. I started with it and moved up to Premiere Elements when I was ready.

If anyone else wants to help out and grab a system, feel free. I'm glad to see others interested in preserving these important tidbits of video game history. Lacking an official archive anywhere on the 'Net, let's build it ourselves!

Archived