Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

The Bliss-Box 4-play Thread!

ulao

do they come in a different shape i am building a coffee table with my system built in and would to have the port mount on the sides of the table and not sticking out

We will cross that bridge when we come to it, its very beta right now. Sorry but I have to hold back all of those details for now. Everything is subject to change so I'd hate to lead you in one direction and have that change.

Ninja, there's video. Just check his forum. I was going to let the game go on, but since you are just a little excited.....

video of the interface? Where?

I have to ask avar, how much money was it to have all those controllers? I cant believe you found an Arcadia controller!

He when a bit over board, hope he sells some of that to get back some of his money. Honestly guys, AVAR did this because he believed in the product so much. I didn't add a dime to his cause, he really put a lot of work in to this. I think the Interfacer alone will fun this kick starter if we can hit that stretch goal. If anything please pledge in his name, the guy really spent a crap tone of money. Although this KS is designed for the cables it can open doors to the start of something great and AVAR will be part of it. So this KS is just as much part of him as it is part of me and the Bliss-Box company. 

3 cheers for AVAR and all he has done.

Interfacer spoiler. It is being developed to work on any light gun with or without the Bliss-box. The Bliss-Box just allows you to use it on your computer. For example if you build an arcade machine with MAME, it will let you use the gun without modifications. This thing is going to be amazing! 

Ya not giving avar trash or anything. In the Kickstarter video he is like swimming in controllers :D well if he beta tested, we know all those controllers work lol. He does good work, nothing is on him and I'm sure it's helped you out.

I still think you should post in the app section of the download page for announcements since those appear front and center once you upload something. You could just edit it after each update or Kickstarter. It would give a lot more visibility then digging in the forum. You could upload a JPEG of bliss to download and in the description put your announcement and link to your sites download or Kickstarter page. Hyper spin has like 100 k users, I doubt a fraction of them bother with the forum unless they have trouble with something.

What's the number we want to get to interface production?

Just go to the download page, press the green upload button in the top right corner. You will have to upload a file to download aka your jpeg, add a picture of the download aka your Jpeg. Then in your description you could put your link to Kickstarter and your flash file site. Then when there are updates, update the link and your download will display at the top for all too see. Put the file in third party apps section. It's pretty intuitive, give it a try! I mean you did create blissbox, which was probably much harder to do >.< let me know if you have trouble, otherwise I'll upload it. I mean you are already sponsored at hyper spin, might as well put greater visibility to it

I'll slap it on the download and your site later tonight

Looked at the rewards and I think it's missing the mega set that was previously posted so you natively had all the cables as original consoles? 2 Dreamcast, n64 are not in the sets :-( without having another bliss. can you mix and match cables on the old cables too? Been having my eye on two more n64 cables and two more Dreamcast for a while.

What is the pc port and wii expansion do?

Looked at the rewards and I think it's missing the mega set that was previously posted so you natively had all the cables as original consoles? 2 Dreamcast, n64 are not in the sets :-( without having another bliss. can you mix and match cables on the old cables too? Been having my eye on two more n64 cables and two more Dreamcast for a while.

That is this kit.

The 4-play MEGA Kit!

Get the original 4-play kit AND the new expansion set. If you're new to Bliss-Box, this is the best time to get a load of our 4-play!

1x 4-play Hub 

1x USB 2.0

2x DB9 (See KS for Full List of DB9 Systems) 

2x Nintendo Entertainment System 

2x Nintendo 64 

4x Nintendo GameCube 

2x Sega Saturn 

2x Sega Dreamcast 

2x Sony PlayStation / Sony PlayStation 2 

2x Super Nintendo Entertainment System

PLUS 

1x Apple Bandai Pippin ATMARK 

2x Atari Jaguar 

2x DH15 (Atari 5200, SNK Neo Geo AES) 

1x GCE Vectrex 

1x Nintendo Virtual Boy 

1x NEC PC-Engine / NEC TurboGrafx-16 Full 

2x NEC PC-Engine / NEC TurboGrafx-16 Mini 

2x NEC PC-FX 

4x Nintendo Wii Remote Expansion Port 

2x PC Gameport

There was some confusion about this. This is a match of what the conses have on the front of their systems. This does not take in to consideration the multi taps.

What is the pc port

The PC is for PC-game pads. See the description.

The gameport cable will feature 4 analog to DC converters for the older joysticks and allow the digital joysticks to be added. The firmware for the gameport has been developed for 3 digital gamepads already. The current digital list can grow but at the moment is limited to; Sidewinder FFB pro (no FFB yet), Gravis exterminator, and the hammer head.

wii expansion do?

The Wii accessory are things like the nunchucks.

Thanks. Ya I'm looking forward to matching up the same number of controllers that the original console supported without the madness of multi tap. So I think that just means if you have the original bliss set then you need two more n64, two more dreamcast, then the 18 cable expansion set right?

Wesfranks are you the CEOs neighbor or something? Now we know who made the hoax when the alien crash landing surgery went on fox

I knew someone was going to comment on my wife's alien. 

Oh right this reward is with a 4-play, you need to wait for the existing cables to be unlocked. 

Stretch Goal IV

Because we can not make the old cables without a lofty order. 

My neighbor is old, like in his 70's. Wesfranks took that pic from the forums ;)

• Upvote 1

Look how shiny that zapper is.

So any option to get the 4 cables that would be missing?

Edit: ah man we need to tell the world so that gets unlocked. The n64 and Dreamcast are meant to be played as 4 player-- here is to hoping and to get that zapper. So maybe there will be a bundle of 5 more cables before the Kickstarter ends for 2 n64, 2 Dreamcast, and the zapper attachment please. Hopefully that isn't like another 75 bucks

added to download page under third party apps other

kickstarter

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/11562-bliss-box-controller-adapter-kickstarter/

announcement of flash 1.54--- ideally each time you send out an update, this download would get updated too... this is just a link to your site where they can get the latest version but its used as an announcement page

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/11563-blissbox-flash-update-154/

please let me know if either needs to be taken down

• Upvote 1

Nice posts! AVAR can tweak then when he lands... 

"So any option to get the 4 cables that would be missing?" Yes I just notified everyone on the forums that it's the perfect time to sell off any cables they have. Many people have some of the new ones and may be looking to sell them off. I asked them to sell on the KS under comments, so keep an eye on that. Also I'm sure there will be some overflow after the KS, so we will sell them off then.

Remember KS's are not sales gimmicks or a way to make money, its a community thing. If you buy more then you need, trust me! They will be hot items to sell. You could easily profit from this KS by buying and selling. ;)

• Upvote 1

Sorry I've been unable to reply of late. Currently stuck in Resolute Bay awaiting weather enroute. The KS vid is live on YouTube now though to match that accompanying the KS, Hope everyone enjoys it!

video of the interface? Where?

I have to ask avar, how much money was it to have all those controllers? I cant believe you found an Arcadia controller!

I'll be doing up some fun media for it when it's more ready and hopefully pique the interest of larger gaming media outlets in the process.

As for cost, for everything you see in the video is was quite a lot BUT the bulk volume of it was quite affordable for the average user. You can find great deals on new, unused controllers for most retro systems with ease. Used controllers are often in just as good of shape and are dirt cheap. Most of the cost came from select extremely rare peripherals. For example, while Atari Jaguar controllers are cheap and easy to find, Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers are insanely rare and expensive.Some other items you see, like the Hori Final Fantasy X-2 Tiny Bee Gun Controller, are heavily inflated because they're one of the only FF weapons with an irl model making them heavily sought after by cosplayers. Older items that saw limited releases, such as Bally Astrocade and GCE Vectrex controllers, can be just slightly harder to find but are still reasonably priced. They were only harder for me to find because I was really picky about the condition they were in I think.

ulao is able to feed me firmware with test codes so that despite living thousands of miles away from one another, we're still able to test each controller and get it working if it isn't already. As time permits I'll be grinding through them to give them a permanent home on Bliss-Box's sweet compatibility list.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, looking for some team support! In en effort to get the KS some exposure we did a few reddit posts. Redit posts severely dependent upon upvotes. If you feel the 4-play projects deserves the attention please show your support and give it an upvote. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamingpc/comments/4i1s5e/all_in_one_console_controller_to_usb_adapter/d2ulhhl

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4i23gg/blissbox_4play_console_controller_cables_all_in/d2ucvu5

• Upvote 1

I'm currently flying around the middle of nowhere with minimal interwebs. That combined with a Canadian city getting pretty much wiped off the face of the Earth this week has kept me pretty busy. Will continue to do the best I can to pump out some vids of controllers in action.

In the meantime, in response to the request for the best places to buy different types of controllers: everywhere! :D Personally, I wanted new, unused, or like-new controllers in mint condition so I fell back on ebay quite a lot. There are a lot of reputable vendors on their and it's easy to find what you're looking for. The only controller that might cause some people problems on ebay is for the Interton VC 4000, which I've only found available through a German store. Amazon is often reliable but be sure to pore over the credentials of the vendor, since Amazon doesn't offer as many pictures of the product you'll be physically receiving. There are a great many only vendors but the availability of different controller types fluctuates with them and they're almost always used, so the quality can vary. When in doubt, contact the seller.

The easiest controllers to find are for systems that saw wide release in Japan. EU/NA exclusive systems can be slightly harder to locate. For example, it's easier to find brand new Super Famicom controllers than it is to find SNES controllers in perfect condition (they're interchangeable though). Rarer, collectible peripherals you're pretty much forced to camp ebay for. They're usually listed it just pays to shop around to get the best price.

Just realized that you are selling per cable for 5 bucks on ur site, very nice

I think we were saying you may have another Kickstarter after this if the stretch goals are met. I'd love to see a two n64, two Dreamcast cable and light gun Interfacer as a reward to complete the set of total cables that the original consoles had without that tap play you all were talking about

Very nice on the flash

N64 and ps2 detection. Is better it says. Maybe that fixes the issue I was describing a few months ago which had a clear workaround. Thanks Sean

What's n64 range mean in the Beta?

Btw the moderators removed my download post for announcements since it wasn't an actual download. Figured I'd try and see what happened, worth a shot I guess [emoji12]

• Avar featured this topic