Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

The Bliss-Box 4-play Thread!

ulao

yeah, that's too bad. but I guess it does not really fit anywhere. The n64 range was a fix for the "fix" about  the n64 range > LOL that is a mouth full. 

So at one point someone raised the point that no n64 emulatord use the real n64 range (except that one plugin). for info, n64 does not do 0-255 like most others, it does 0-200 or some such non-sense, maybe 7 bit. Anyways we adjusted the range to 0-254 for the controller only. Sadly, bit logic would not work because of the crazy range seen on the wire. So we had no choice but to multiply it by a ratio. The down fall here is that it is possible someone could have a controller that did an over flow. x*y=255 and 255 = 0. So if you push up or down hard enough you loop over and man you do not want that in a game! Well, we found a case where one guy had a controller doing this. So I adjusted the offset to fix his case. This code may have to get reverted or changed to compensate for clipping. 

If you were not on 1.54 then there are lots of changes!

Dolphin Win8.1 and 10 fix
Linux ubuntu acting as ps3 fix
Mac mavericks and above acting as a mouse fix (Confirmed to work with open-emu)
n64 detection fix
PSX digital mode fix
sega 6 button detection fix
FFB constant force improvements
CD32 timing issues fixed
Fix rumble not always starting
Refined dreamcast and how cards work
added ZX spect
added real n64 range
added a power option to 3d0
Pcsx2 slowdowns fixed.
  • Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Ok so please excuse the beta look and the blurry screen. The video has some green pix-elation and the preview video cuts off the top edge(just keep the mouse off the video). 

This video shows duck tracking. The video on the LCD screen is duck hunt in action recorded miss hits and slowed down to make cretin the white box shows on at least one frame. The gun is tracking the white flashes.

Next up I hope to get footage from the console.

• Upvote 2

The KS was really just for the additional cables. There were a few complications on this KS that we will talk more about later. This KS has absolutely nothing to do with the gun. We were kind of hoping to get the gun ready for this KS but it has been a few crazy months. The Gun will be produced regardless of if a KS. We may add a single player version of the 4-play on this KS and still possibly an early bird Interfacer product. Though these are not confirmed just yet. 

• Upvote 2

The KS was really just for the additional cables. There were a few complications on this KS that we will talk more about later. This KS has absolutely nothing to do with the gun. We were kind of hoping to get the gun ready for this KS but it has been a few crazy months. The Gun will be produced regardless of if a KS. We may add a single player version of the 4-play on this KS and still possibly an early bird Interfacer product. Though these are not confirmed just yet.

great, ya I haven't decided on the current Kickstarter or not and sounds like I'm not obligated to get a reward in order to get the zapper

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has issues with game cube controllers not detecting right or uncontrollably rumbling. Get 1.55 ! GC is much improved and now more compatible then raph net. Previous to this discovery 4-play shared raph nets code (the adapter with the highest GC compatibility on the net AFAIK). This now makes the 4-play the number one GC adapter on the net in the way of compatibility.  I'll have to contact him to show what I learned being the GC code is a share open source project but knowing him, he will not adobe the change until he learns it for himself. If you want to know more about the recent fix, see the FB page.

Also UK fans, we are now distributing in the UK! Please everyone welcome VGP, this first official reseller for Bliss-Box. Please do check out VGP https://www.videogameperfection.com/products/controller-adapter-basic/%20.

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Been a while since there's been an update in here but as anyone following me on FB will know, we're currently grinding through a major Firmware update while also testing a huge variety of increasingly cool peripherals from all generations of gaming. Also, thought the firmware update process is fairly easy, I'll have an official video out for it after the next few tutorials. Lots to look forward to here.

• Upvote 5

• 2 months later...

1.56 is out. As Avar said its a big deal ;) check out some of the new stuff.

Alternative Mapping: The 4-Play can now be mapped to Sony Playstation 3 mode, Xbox 360 mode, Xbox One mode, or normal mode. To activate these modes, simply hold the two main buttons (i.e. A +B ), the Start button, then use the D-Pad to pick a mode. Up = Normal Mode; Down = Sony Playstation 3 Mode; Left = Xbox 360/One Mode. 

Disable/enable Auto Pause: Hold Start for 6 seconds.

And! the 4-play now has the ability to save all features. To save the current state of these modes press the following combo:  Hold Start + Two Main Buttons (i.e. 1 and 2 or A and B)for 3 seconds.. This will save per port.

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...

Some updates on the Bliss-Box front. First, Bliss-Box has evolved beyond the need for crowdfunding and will be moving forward with development much more freely. It's been picked up by resellers in the US, UK, and Asia with some other great opportunities in the works.

There will also be a 1.56.1 release to correct a bug with certain Sega controllers and also to improve PSX dance pad support before we move on to adding more new peripherals.

Lastly, Bliss-Box is looking for any feedback you may have for subtle improvements to be made to the device for the next manufacturing run, which will also include the new cables.

• Upvote 1

flashing will be address in the way of pressing the button. We are adding a rubber cushion much like gamepads.

Please if possible post thoughts on the announcement page.

Or they very possibly will get overlooked.

• Upvote 1

Exciting news! With the 1.56.1 update we've also been able to get  PlayStation dance pads working perfectly! This is huge. Until now, dealing with Dance Pads had a tendency to be an annoying mess because other adapters would either be unable to read the L + R or U + D inputs required by dance titles. Any that could required drivers or annoying input combos or specific controllers or wouldn't allow 2Players. The latest Bliss-Box firmware lets you just plug and play any pad like it was the real deal. I'm pretty excited about it! This is awesome news and I'm working on an announce video for it. The best part is that this makes Bliss-Box by far the best solution for StepMania as well.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, ninja2bceen said:

Well done. May be nice to show the unofficial flash as well where it makes each USB port it's own

Definitely thinking about it. I'll likely revisit that after another HS tut and an unrelated vid.

• Upvote 1

Newoski, are you referring to the Bliss-Box? Xpadder is just a simple overlay that reads joystick information. It has always worked with Bliss-Box from the very beginning. If this stopped working at some point in time I was never made aware of it that I can recall. Many users have made Xpadder profiles for the Bliss-Box in the past.

• Avar featured this topic