Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

4 hours ago, johnsanc said:

Finally getting around to testing this out. A bit of feedback:

• Tried to add a folder for a system that had subdirectories - each subdirectory came up as an unmatched rom.
  • Could not find a clear way to "go back" after I encountered the situation above. Ultimately deleted the system and started over
  • Could not find a way to add/edit/delete rompaths after initial setup
  • After an initial rom match, it only shows the unknown roms. I'm thinking it would be easier to have a big list that shows all rom database (hyperlist) entries for that system, what roms matched to each entry, and which entries had no matches. Then allow the user to just manually match the ones that had no matches or correct any mismatches that were auto-matched. It appears to work the inverse way, where all of my roms are attempted to be matched to something in the list, which results in a lot of similar roms being mapped to the same entry it seems.
  • A table view with details would be nice to work with on the rom list view
  • During the sync process, its not obvious how to stop it. Maybe adding a stop button or changing the morphing icon in the upper right would help

Great work on this. I love the visual style and how easy you made it to initially setup systems. 

• We actually don't support each ROM in its own subfolder yet. I'll add that to the backlog for the next round of changes.
  • The escape button works to go back to the home page. Where are you trying to go back to?
  • A ROM details screen will be added very soon. This will allow users to edit/unlink any ROM they choose.
  • Not showing all roms after matching was a design decision meant to make it much easier for the average user. I'll see what I can do about adding this as a toggle option in the future. 
  • Table view is coming after I complete the details page.
  • Clicking the sync button a second time should stop it. I can change the tooltip to say stop I suppose..

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll add all of this to my todo list for the coming weeks.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just installed the new update (0.0.37) and I noticed that instead of having all systems immediately (as it was in one of the first beta's) you have to add them one by one now.
Can you check my Main Menu.xml to see if you can add some of the forgotten or exotic systems to the list?
Good job so far!

Main Menu.xml

Yes, this is because I'm not reading any XML files. Instead I'll be adding a feature where I can export them only. This is because HBL is written for the upcoming versions of hyperspin. But you can still sync data :)

Also, welcome back!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, fr0stbyt3 said:
  • We actually don't support each ROM in its own subfolder yet. I'll add that to the backlog for the next round of changes.
  • The escape button works to go back to the home page. Where are you trying to go back to?
  • A ROM details screen will be added very soon. This will allow users to edit/unlink any ROM they choose.
  • Not showing all roms after matching was a design decision meant to make it much easier for the average user. I'll see what I can do about adding this as a toggle option in the future. 
  • Table view is coming after I complete the details page.
  • Clicking the sync button a second time should stop it. I can change the tooltip to say stop I suppose..

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll add all of this to my todo list for the coming weeks.

• I didn't really expect subfolders to work, I tried to break it ;)
  • Ah ok I didn't think of hitting escape to return to the homepage. I was trying to go back a screen to select different rom paths.
  • Awesome
  • Yes a list or "audit" view would be really helpful.
  • Awesome
  • I figured out that clicking the icon stopped it, but it wasn't clear that would do the trick... i just guessed ;)

And a couple more notes/ideas around the rom matching feature since that is the function I am most excited about:

• The way the rom matching currently functions is that it seems to consider ALL of my roms in that folder, not just the ones that match entries in the database. I have a lot of Japanese stuff that I do not want in Hyperspin, but I also don't want to keep that stuff in a completely separate folder. So basically after the matching process I had a ton of unmatched roms that I have no intention of ever matching to anything. Perhaps a simple "hide unmatched roms" toggle would help?
  • I LOVE that you can select multiple rom paths for a single system. I think it would be really useful to allow the user to rank these paths for the purposes of rom matching. For example for Sega CD I have various backups that match Trurip, Redump, and TOSEC-ISO - all in separate folders (because thats how I like to organize them). It would be nice if I could prioritize matches like this for example: Trurip -> Redump -> TOSEC-ISO. If there isn't a good match in the Trurip folder, move on to Redump, then TOSEC-ISO, etc. I understand I could manually match each one, but perhaps factoring in the "folder rank" into the auto-matching alorithm would cut back on the number of manual matches I would have to do.

I'll keep testing out various features. Thanks for all your hard work on this!

19 minutes ago, johnsanc said:
  • I didn't really expect subfolders to work, I tried to break it ;)
  • Ah ok I didn't think of hitting escape to return to the homepage. I was trying to go back a screen to select different rom paths.
  • Awesome
  • Yes a list or "audit" view would be really helpful.
  • Awesome
  • I figured out that clicking the icon stopped it, but it wasn't clear that would do the trick... i just guessed ;)

And a couple more notes/ideas around the rom matching feature since that is the function I am most excited about:

• The way the rom matching currently functions is that it seems to consider ALL of my roms in that folder, not just the ones that match entries in the database. I have a lot of Japanese stuff that I do not want in Hyperspin, but I also don't want to keep that stuff in a completely separate folder. So basically after the matching process I had a ton of unmatched roms that I have no intention of ever matching to anything. Perhaps a simple "hide unmatched roms" toggle would help?
  • I LOVE that you can select multiple rom paths for a single system. I think it would be really useful to allow the user to rank these paths for the purposes of rom matching. For example for Sega CD I have various backups that match Trurip, Redump, and TOSEC-ISO - all in separate folders (because thats how I like to organize them). It would be nice if I could prioritize matches like this for example: Trurip -> Redump -> TOSEC-ISO. If there isn't a good match in the Trurip folder, move on to Redump, then TOSEC-ISO, etc. I understand I could manually match each one, but perhaps factoring in the "folder rank" into the auto-matching alorithm would cut back on the number of manual matches I would have to do.

I'll keep testing out various features. Thanks for all your hard work on this!

• Hide unmatched will definitely be coming with the new "details" pages.
  • The way the code is written now, it should already put the folders in rank priority. What I do need to do is filter out ROMs that have been already matched. You're probably hitting bugs in my filter logic. I'll look at this shortly.

Will your matching System connected to the official databases? Else there would be a lot of naming issues. Or will HBL build a new database build on that? Else all other tools for naming etc would not work properly, does I understand that right?

Will your matching System connected to the official databases? Else there would be a lot of naming issues. Or will HBL build a new database build on that? Else all other tools for naming etc would not work properly, does I understand that right?

Eventually the server side database will be the official database. Other tools work of of XML databases, so they will not support future releases of hyperbase.

Build 0.0.38 is complete!!!!

This is actually a big build. Users should assume all features need to be retested.

• NEW: Memory management system for sync.
    • Yes, that means it's safe to test MAME
  • NEW: User database framework.
    • The internals of how the user database is handled was rewritten to give users more speed and reliability.
    • Database now can upgrade and patch itself.
  • UPDATED: Rom matching system.
    • Less aggressive matching for fuzzy matches.
    • Ensures there are no duplicate matches.
    • Md5 matching speed improvement.
  • UPDATED: Console add now shows you the console you selected in the header.

Notes: Also in the build is the base code for supporting emulators. It's currently disabled while we add more supported emulators to the system. You will also see collections and launcher areas are now visible. I'll start unlocking those features as they are ready.

We also did a pretty major push for our backend data management application. With most of that work complete, I can now focus a little more on adding features here.

As always, just restart the app to auto-update (we're working on making this better too).

Edit: Build 0.0.39

• FIX: Sync Bugs

2 hours ago, Paranoidjack said:
Logging into emumovies just hangs using 0.38/9 (both 32/64 bit) | Windows 10 
It works perfectly fine with 0.37

Edit: 

I would like to take a moment to say THANK YOU. This kind of data is amazingly helpful when debugging app issues. 

The next version will have this fixed.

Build 0.0.40 is complete!

• NEW: Performance Improvement. ROM box art gets converted to thumbnails to improve load times and lower the memory usage while displaying artwork. @jhabers
    • This will be expanded to cover other types of artwork that the front end uses.
  • FIX: Emumovies login fix @Paranoidjack
  • UPDATED: Padding and spacing in ROM view. Scroll bar is now all the way to the right. Giving the user more usable space for ROMs to show.
  • UPDATED: Misc visual updates.

As always, just restart the app to auto-update.

Build 0.0.41 Complete!

• FIX: Database update errors.
  • FIX: User login updates.
  • FIX: Added missing dependencies.

Build 0.0.42: The answer to life, the universe and most of the bugs.

• FIX: Database creates base config if none exists.
  • FIX: More user login updates.
  • FIX: Fix for Emumovies storage path errors.

Ok just got done testing the new build,I found a few problems.First problem is I can no longer log out of Hyper base,the other problem I ran into was database related.I added Sega Genesis along with three different folders one for Sega Genesis,32X,Sega CD.None of the Sega CD games got recognized along with 16t for the Sega Genesis everything else worked fine.

15 minutes ago, oldhag270 said:

Ok just got done testing the new build,I found a few problems.First problem is I can no longer log out of Hyper base,the other problem I ran into was database related.I added Sega Genesis along with three different folders one for Sega Genesis,32X,Sega CD.None of the Sega CD games got recognized along with 16t for the Sega Genesis everything else worked fine.

please hold on that. uploading 0.0.42 right now.

So wait, you're saying that fuzzy match worked on ROMs that aren't from that system, right?

Out of curiousity, is there going to be a detailed visual of download progress? Like for instance with HyperSync, you see the bar and also how big the file is, the rate of the download, etc. I feel like it's a little tough to know what's going on with this one. Great job though and great support for the program!

1 hour ago, JoeC3109 said:
Out of curiousity, is there going to be a detailed visual of download progress? Like for instance with HyperSync, you see the bar and also how big the file is, the rate of the download, etc. I feel like it's a little tough to know what's going on with this one. Great job though and great support for the program!

Because of the way the downloads are handled, probably not. I suppose I could switch it up at a later date to allow for overall progress indication. We do much more than that app, so download progress isn't entirely indicative of completion. I'll draw something up and see what the other guys think.

And thank you!

Build 0.0.43 is complete!!!!

• NEW: General Settings allows you to hide unknown/unmatched ROMs 
  • NEW: ROM view allows resizing after the page loads. 
    • Before you were stuck at whatever aspect ratio you started with
  • UPDATED: Rom matching system.
    • Speed improvements.
      • MAME was about 25-40% quicker in my testing. Your mileage may vary.
    • Fixed a bug where the matching system would ignore some ROMs @oldhag270
  • NEW: ROM match now gives you a status update as to what ROM it's working on.
  • FIX: Removed delay after closing the app.
  • Updated: More UI tweaks.

I removed my NES system, and added it back for testing. It has been running match system all night, and it is still going. I just clicked all consoles, and it did not add the NES system at all, so I am trying to add it back again, and it is stuck on running match system again.

I'm on v.43

Feature idea...

Can you add per rom syncing. So if a rom currently does not have any media, you can check just that one rom later without having to sync everything again.

I removed my NES system, and added it back for testing. It has been running match system all night, and it is still going. I just clicked all consoles, and it did not add the NES system at all, so I am trying to add it back again, and it is stuck on running match system again.
I'm on v.43

Feature idea...
Can you add per rom syncing. So if a rom currently does not have any media, you can check just that one rom later without having to sync everything again.

So I may have broken the matching screen a bit. Uploading a fix now. [emoji1]

2 hours ago, maabus said:

Feature idea...

Per ROM? Sure. Your wish is my command. I'll add that to the UI for the upcoming ROM details screen.

Rom matching is working now.

I'm still not sure how it works though. I have the latest database from the site, but it is showing that some of my roms are missing even though they are correct in Rocket Launcher. When i try to match it, it cant find any match. Is your database using the current database?

5 minutes ago, maabus said:

Rom matching is working now.

I'm still not sure how it works though. I have the latest database from the site, but it is showing that some of my roms are missing even though they are correct in Rocket Launcher. When i try to match it, it cant find any match. Is your database using the current database?

Hyperbase Live uses its own database. I did a mass data import at the beginning of the year. If I missed something PM me and let me know what system you want me to look at.

Gents, This is a really rough draft of what I have in mind for a ROM details page. I'll be adding a few more sections as well as a few menu options (Remove match, Delete ROM, Edit Metadata, Sync Metadata). The issue is that we need to dramatically update the database to support all of the data I want to show. So, the next version will probably enable this page. However, it may be a few weeks until the server side database is updated.

details.PNG

• Avar locked this topic

Archived