Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

If you could rename that would be sweet! Could save some bandwidth. Especially true with mame and name changes from release to release

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. This is a bigger patch that the previous ones, so give me a few days to get it rolled out. 

Did the updater work for you?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • can you confirm an item on the don't sync list was synced anyway?
Keep the feedback coming!

I should be more clear on that. Ok, I have 9 systems in my test set-up.

I set every option to don't sync and saved each profile just to see what happens.

It appears to sync with all the animations, sync button and blue bars.

Going in as an average user and not a coder, I let HBL do this for 20 minutes.

I expected if I set everything to not sync that it would skip those systems and move on

or at least turn off the animations for the consoles that it has "checked".

Been "spinning it's wheels" for 30 minutes now, not sure what it's doing. While no files

are actually being downloaded, it appears to be working on something.

lol, make any sense?

Don't sync still performs file validation. It's just telling it not to download even if it finds something missing. What you are saying is don't sync should function like exclusions, where we don't even look at the file at all. Right?

Holy smokes! :bandit:

That seems to have made it 100 times faster.

I like that HBL retains your settings after updating.

Works on my set-up:
-Auto updater
-Don't sync feature

(I'm probably forgetting something)

Edit: Oh yeah, and video path is fixed.

Hey fr0stbyt3,

Thnx for this! Hopefully it'll work as good as HyperSync...or better. I'm afraid to use it at the moment cause I don't have a test setup, so if I do it, maybe it messes up everything.

Don't know what to fill in here:

emumovies.png

A few logo's are not visible like Commodore 16 & Plus4:

c16.png

Microsoft MSX2+ has no logo:

msx2.png

and Nintendo Game & Watch have no logo:

game_watch.png

So I think the program doesn't like: & and + in the system names.

And I see Frontend and Main Menu as a system (without logo). So maybe you can create a custom buildin logo? For Frontend it would be nice to sync multiple intro's to use with a randomizer.

Which file or directory scans Hyperbase for setting up the systems in Hyperbase? As I have one system in Hyperbase that doesn't exist anymore on my pc. So I like to delete that.

There will be a full set of system icons once HBL is released, I'm working on them as we speak.

But as some will have "non-official" or custom systems we definitely need a generic icon with text to fill in the blanks.

So I think the program doesn't like: & and + in the system names.

And I see Frontend and Main Menu as a system (without logo). So maybe you can create a custom buildin logo? For Frontend it would be nice to sync multiple intro's to use with a randomizer.

Which file or directory scans Hyperbase for setting up the systems in Hyperbase? As I have one system in Hyperbase that doesn't exist anymore on my pc. So I like to delete that.

• I actually have not tested it with those characters in the name, I'll do that now
  • When we bump to beta 2, the logos will be there
  • We scan the /media/ folder for installed systems. In beta 2 or 3 we'll be using your local xml files. 

Just a note, for some reason the screenshots are super tiny. So I can't really tell what the first screen is. But if its the emumovies settings, you do not need to change anything once you log in. It assumes you want to use the standard save paths. If not, check the box and enter your own. It will save as /media/console name/video

Just finished up the code for jhabers bug report. We now detect misnamed files an rename them during sync for hyperbase files. This should prove very useful for those with bandwidth caps. I'll add EmuMovies support later today and release it. Thanks guys!

Just finished up the code for jhabers bug report. We now detect misnamed files an rename them during sync for hyperbase files. This should prove very useful for those with bandwidth caps. I'll add EmuMovies support later today and release it. Thanks guys!

Make sure to take into account that 2 or more wheels (for example) can have the same CRC/MD5 and both be named wrong and need renaming within the same console

This would most likely be present in MAME with clones. With this case you could really save a lot of bandwidth not having to download the same video 10 times for a game that has a parent and 9 clones that use the same media.

I will test this pretty well once you release to see if I can break it :)

• We scan the /media/ folder for installed systems. In beta 2 or 3 we'll be using your local xml files. 

I think the program uses a cache file or something, cause when I remove one of the folders out of the \\HyperSpin\Media directory it still pops up as a system in the program?

I think the program uses a cache file or something, cause when I remove of the folders out of the \\HyperSpin\Media directory it still pops up as a system in the program?

It's not really cache per say. There is a settings file that gets generated when you add the hyperbase path. To fix this, go to the client settings and click save again. The dialog that generates that will appear. Moving forward, we'll be adding a way to remove these from the settings file in the UI. 

Time to put your new program through the ringggggger :)  Lets see if it stands the test of Iggy's chaotic torture test........the clock is ticking .....tick.....tock.......tick.......tock......tickkkkkkk.......tockkkkkkkkkkk.......

• Avar locked this topic

Archived