Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Build 0.0.48 is complete!!!!

• NEW: Status logs
    • Currently covers create, updates, and delete logs.
    • Will be expanded to all parts of the app.
  • NEW: Local Database backup @ChrisKant
    • Keeps 3 rolling backups at a time
  • NEW: Inline Preview on Sync Settings screen.
    • This is a preview to help get feedback for @Avar's post.

status.PNG

database_backup.PNG

i like it so far. The preview images in the dropdown are a little small and I'm having trouble seeing what the difference is between to of the box arts in the Nes group, but it might be that I'm remoted into my system, and I'm not getting as good of an image as if i were directly on my system. I'll check it when i get home tonight... but so far its looking great!

On 4/18/2017 at 6:42 PM, maabus said:

i like it so far. The preview images in the dropdown are a little small and I'm having trouble seeing what the difference is between to of the box arts in the Nes group, but it might be that I'm remoted into my system, and I'm not getting as good of an image as if i were directly on my system. I'll check it when i get home tonight... but so far its looking great!

Thanks! Glad you dig it :)

Updates:

I wanted to give you guys an idea on what we have going on internally with this project. We're in the process of moving to a more powerful server over the next week or so. This should give us the breathing room to finish the data migration and move to a "complete" database. That means most of my time will be working on things that don't create updates (sorry gents). But just so you know that I didn't forget about you, here is a limited roadmap of coming changes

• Support for @Avar's widescreen media files. 
  • Support for system INI files
  • Support for emulators (testing a local build now)
  • Support for launchers
    • Looking for a few RL fanatics to help me with this one.
  • Support for controller settings INI
  • XML export of system
  • HBL Database restore
  • .... Hopefully find free time to enjoy the summer

There are more things coming after all of the above, as well as a metric ton of visual tweaks. If you don't see a feature you wanted to see above, let me know. Big thanks to the team for keeping this project so much fun. 

and as always, a big thank you to everyone that keeps testing! 

On 4/16/2017 at 5:11 PM, fr0stbyt3 said:

Can you give me a little more information?

• What console?
  • How much RAM do you have?
  • What settings are you using?
    • Screenshot you sync settings screen.
  • Do you have enough space?

• Every system i setup
  • 12 gigs
  • 30 gigs left

It's done this with every update. Even across two different operating systems.

3 minutes ago, Anpanman said:

• Every system i setup
  • 12 gigs
  • 30 gigs left

It's done this with every update. Even across two different operating systems.

PM me. I want to walk through the steps so I can reproduce. If you can, send me a screen capture. I'll get right on this.

Quick Question:

I am looking to add full support for RocketLauncher in the coming weeks. However, there is one thing I was wondering; It looks like RocketLauncher acts as both a launcher and an emulator (as far as the front end is concerned). So as a user, would you expect to set it up as a launcher or emulator?

1 hour ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

Quick Question:

I am looking to add full support for RocketLauncher in the coming weeks. However, there is one thing I was wondering; It looks like RocketLauncher acts as both a launcher and an emulator (as far as the front end is concerned). So as a user, would you expect to set it up as a launcher or emulator?

well, from a user perspective, I'd say it's a launcher.

I have adifficulty understanding the question. are you looking to define a moment when to call Rocketlauncher ? or is it just for categorising the application?

hi-over, for me to see if i understand the concept for Hyperbase live.

in the future hyperbase will be able to setup any system. including to ability to setup the emulator.
so if you use hyperspin without rocketlauncher, it wil setup the emulator and set hyperHQ accordingly, poiting it to the executable of the emulator.

if you include rocketlauncher, you will have to setup the system, setup the emulator and point rocketlauncher to the emulator. assuming that all this can be done by generating ini files and filling variables.

so you can bring back the basic question to, do you use rocketlauncher? if so where did you hide it ? a tick box perhaps.

so now comes the part where you say.. ah klop here's a cookie. at least you tried :P

2 hours ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

Quick Question:

It's a launcher, Hyperspin must give Rocketlauncher the system and game name, Rocketlauncher then sends a command line to the emulator and then RL checks that the emulator has started looking for the emulator window. RL will then wait until you send the command to close the emulator or you close the emulator directly. 

RL does many other things also like showing artwork, extracting a compressed game (via 7z), starting keymappers, starting Daemon tools.

A look through an RL log will tell you all this.

It wil also launch Steam and pc games as they are slightly different to emulators.

It is a launcher for sure.
One thing that could make one think is some sort of emu itself (personal opinion), is because each module you select for RL to use with the actual emulators can be "fully" personalized, so it might feel for the end user like you are running a custom emu version (kinda like a RA core).

And... klop! An 8bit cookie for you :)

minecraft+cookies.png

5 hours ago, gigapig said:

It's a launcher, Hyperspin must give Rocketlauncher the system and game name, Rocketlauncher then sends a command line to the emulator and then RL checks that the emulator has started looking for the emulator window. RL will then wait until you send the command to close the emulator or you close the emulator directly. 

So for RocketLauncher users, the app will need to hide or disable the emulator's step (Since it's not needed). I'll need to change the validation steps in the wizard a bit, but this will work.

On 18.4.2017 at 11:14 PM, fr0stbyt3 said:

Build 0.0.48 is complete!!!!

• NEW: Status logs
    • Currently covers create, updates, and delete logs.
    • Will be expanded to all parts of the app.
  • NEW: Local Database backup @ChrisKant
    • Keeps 3 rolling backups at a time
  • NEW: Inline Preview on Sync Settings screen.
    • This is a preview to help get feedback for @Avar's post.

status.PNG

database_backup.PNG

my system doesn't get 0.48, only checking for updates which never ends.

is it already out or pushed back? will try it

14 hours ago, maabus said:

Cant wait to test it

I need to finish up this next build before you can. I have a few announcements around that. :good:

• We're phasing out "tags" in parenthesis on media. Meaning things like "(USA)" are stripped from our server side databases. This will allow us to have more exact matching algorithms. We're also ignoring things in brackets for the same reason.
  • We're importing data from a range of sources, not just hyper list. This should give us a "head start" on the amount of metadata we're going to need for 1.0
  • We're nowhere near done. We expect the database to be an ongoing process. So please; Let us know if things are missing.

There are a few more things coming that I want to let everyone know about.

We're going to kill off the sync button. Before you start typing a "wtf" response, please hear me out. This application is written to be multi-threaded at its core. So there is no reason why a user could not, for instance, trigger a sync event while matching is running for another system. I have noticed what users tend to do is set everything up, then press sync and wait. This doesn't need to be the case. The app is completely usable while it's performing other tasks. 

There are a few additional benefits to this approach. We will only ask for metadata and media that you do not have. This will reduce the amount of processing time for each system update. This will also stop the system from download media for roms you do not have.

With that said, I will be automatically triggering download events based on user actions. For instance, when you chance media settings for a system, it will automatically trigger the downloads needed.

• Avar locked this topic

Archived