Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Build 0.0.50 is complete!!!!

• NEW: Multi-threaded matching system added.
    • You keep adding systems while another is in matching.
  • UPDATED: Matching service now ignores information in brackets. 
  • NEW: Database updates for all systems.
    • Includes descriptions, new titles, updated titles.

This build is primarily so we can test the additions to the database. Please DELETE ALL SYSTEMS and add them back. 

44 minutes ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

Build 0.0.50 is complete!!!!

• NEW: Multi-threaded matching system added.
    • You keep adding systems while another is in matching.
  • UPDATED: Matching service now ignores information in brackets. 
  • NEW: Database updates for all systems.
    • Includes descriptions, new titles, updated titles.

This build is primarily so we can test the additions to the database. Please DELETE ALL SYSTEMS and add them back. 

Does it already include new development databases? or the old ones? 

In the process of testing

The game metadata info is a nice touch.

Added A2600 and still has about 15 unmatched. I have artwork for them which im sure came down from hypersync.

Added 5200 in mame naming format and it picked up just under half. Just trying to get the box previews going. Tried the 2nd box option and it only found 1. Now trying the 1st option to see if its better. With normal rom names.

I will edit this post with a screen shot for an issue i came across when adding the wrong 5200 rom folder.

Also im really missing a back button from sync settings back to the system im working on.

1 minute ago, thatman84 said:

In the process of testing

The game metadata info is a nice touch.

Added A2600 and still has about 15 unmatched. I have artwork for them which im sure came down from hypersync.

Added 5200 in mame naming format and it picked up just under half. Just trying to get the box previews going. Tried the 2nd box option and it only found 1. Now trying the 1st option to see if its better. With normal rom names.

I will edit this post with a screen shot for an issue i came across when adding the wrong 5200 rom folder.

Also im really missing a back button from sync settings back to the system im working on.

• Glad you noticed all of the new metadata I am adding. :)
  • PM me the missing file list. Also, are those files in the latest version of the database xml from the download section? (I still need to import these)
  • @Avar is working on adding in all missing media from the HBL database. This will take some time.
    • As far as missing titles, do the same as above.
  • I will add "back buttons" via breadcrumbs for this page.

I have tested NES, Genesis, and WoW Action max.

NES couldn't find 3 games... one of them I'm not surprised as it was recently released.

Genesis couldn't find 9 games.

WoW Action Max detects all files in the directory.... would it be possible to have non rom systems detect only one specific type of file so it's not flooded with all program data?

I wish there was a way to let you know which artwork folder to use when setting up the sync folders. I've never been clear on which one should be used for which item. If possible depending on which theme you select it automatically sets which artwork folder is needed for each item?

4 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Will do,

Feature reques for down the road.

Exporting missing lists for all art on a per sysem basis would be awesome.

Remind me wha "validating" is. A5200 has been at it for about half hour

• Validating should take less than a minute. That means that it probably hit a error and closed early without telling the notification service. (oops).
    • If you can reproduce, please post here.
  • I plan on having a page where users can see what data we are missing in HBL as well as a screen in the app that does the same.
    • This way, we can show artist "at a glace" what is missing. ( And feed OCD tendencies from some of our members) :)

2 minutes ago, maabus said:

would it be possible to have non rom systems detect only one specific type of file so it's not flooded with all program data?

I wish there was a way to let you know which artwork folder to use when setting up the sync folders. I've never been clear on which one should be used for which item. If possible depending on which theme you select it automatically sets which artwork folder is needed for each item?

• Possible? Yes absolutely. Can you give me a use case for this? I'd need an example to write a test case.
  • Currently, that information does not exist. I really love the idea though. It will have to come after 1.0 for sure. I'm sure the guys working on the database could put something like that together for the community.
    • Once I have the data, its a matter of flipping selections automatically.

Frost, is it possible to put the theme or creator next to the box art in the drop down box.

I absolutely love seeing the box art over just the name, but I can't tell the difference between some of them. It looks like there is enough room that you can display the image, and have the name of the theme.

so in sync setup for the system, you have box art.... you have the picture of the box on the dropdown, but next to it have default.... or kooljeep. So you know which particular picture that item goes to.

3 minutes ago, fr0stbyt3 said:
  • Possible? Yes absolutely. Can you give me a use case for this? I'd need an example to write a test case.
  • Currently, that information does not exist. I really love the idea though. It will have to come after 1.0 for sure. I'm sure the guys working on the database could put something like that together for the community.
    • Once I have the data, its a matter of flipping selections automatically.

Ok so here is WoW action max.

I'm assuming the blue is the correct matched frame file (.txt) file, or the singe file. (.singe).

All of the orange files are just program files for Daphne singe, and the games themselves.

5918a574026db_Wowactionmax.PNG.1cf4f26e5302b25eace72c4dd16917ac.PNGfiles.PNG.26c7b707dba363b33e0356802ab116cc.PNG

Is that what you need?

11 minutes ago, maabus said:

it is not globally specific, it al depends on how the creator of your theme set it up. Some themes dont even have box/cart setup in them.

If HBL could read that info from the theme.xml it would be great.

Just now, maabus said:

Ok so here is WoW action max.

I'm assuming the blue is the correct matched frame file (.txt) file, or the singe file. (.singe).

All of the orange files are just program files for Daphne singe, and the games themselves.

5918a574026db_Wowactionmax.PNG.1cf4f26e5302b25eace72c4dd16917ac.PNGfiles.PNG.26c7b707dba363b33e0356802ab116cc.PNG

Is that what you need?

Noted. I'll add that as an advanced option in console - add.

Just now, thatman84 said:

it is not globally specific, it al depends on how the creator of your theme set it up. Some themes dont even have box/cart setup in them.

oh... I suppose I could do that....

Adding that to the dev backlog :)

Yeah that is what i was kind of thinking too.

This will be easier to address as we progress as a result of how some things will inevitably change and how I'm uploading files.

6 minutes ago, Avar said:

This will be easier to address as we progress as a result of how some things will inevitably change and how I'm uploading files.

lol I was hoping you may say that, is why i didnt 2nd the request (edit: well i suppose i did actually)

Warning! Enabling the new xml and ini export will overwrite those files. Please make backups before enabling those settings!

Build 0.0.51 is complete!!!!

• NEW: XML database export.
    • Enabled through general settings.
  • NEW: INI file export.
    • Enabled through general settings.
  • UPDATED: Added "breadcrumbs" to ROM view. @thatman84
  • UPDATED: Added set name in dropdowns on Media Settings screen. @maabus
  • FIXED: Wrong save path for main menu themes and wheels. @Avar

• Avar locked this topic

Archived