Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, shitoken said:

Do we still need to stick with hypersync or this is ready now?

Tapatalk を使用して私の MIX から送信

Honestly, I personally don't even have hypersync installed at all. But, I would advise you to wait until we release 1.0. We're still grooming the metadata and file database at the moment. But I would stay tuned. We're not far from 1.0 now.

5 hours ago, ninja2bceen said:

Curious question with all the new stuff here, is there a process that will be taken to determine if something will make it to sync or not?

What do you mean by that? If you're talking about hypersync, no. That will EOL soon.

3 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

There was talk of more media creators having access to add artwork directly into the sync app without the need for Jhabbers and such having to add it

Edit. media approvers more likley

Yeh in a perfect world more hands makes for lighter work but I feel like this has to be QC'd really strictly as it's gonna adhere to better organization and inclusiveness than we've ever really had. Brainstorming ways down the road to streamline the process and make it more user/community friendly in general.

1 hour ago, ninja2bceen said:

Thanks. Can you make a video tutorial using hyperbase avar?

Best part is things are getting streamlined to the point I'll be able to cover it in one video XD

1 minute ago, Jdubbs said:

Awesome work! curious though why is it downloading files with the regions cut off the file name

In an update a while back, I posted that all of the info that was in brackets or parenthesis was being removed from the HBL database. This is because it was inconsistent at best as a piece of metadata. 

39 minutes ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

In an update a while back, I posted that all of the info that was in brackets or parenthesis was being removed from the HBL database. This is because it was inconsistent at best as a piece of metadata. 

Will hyperspin database's be changing or is this something that might be fixed in the future?  The program runs great just want to know before I try renaming all the files

HBL will change everything you know about how hyperspin was setup in the past. This tool will make it simple to set up hyperspin and you will never have to worry about databases/XMLs again if you don't want to.

Yeah moving forward it's going to be a lot more streamlined than it ever has been. The xml/metadata issue will smooth itself out, some things are just transitional atm. We wanna make sure we've got a really solid foundation to build on so there'll be some changes like that.

Will the disregard/removal of metadata in parenthesis also be applied to say, the MAME system category? 

Rather than building an xml based on the roms present in the MAME roms folder, I think many of us keep full romsets to make updating/seeding easier. We then pare down the xml, using the metadata in that xml to identify and exclude/include certain roms to be available to HyperSpin, rather than 20 or 30,000 games. It also helps to see the naming info in parenthesis when you prefer say a Midway version of the game vs Taito, etc, while spinning through the wheel.

For console or disc sets, the region info gives hints to where to hunt for certain games (ex., PAL or Asian sets). This is also true (as previously stated) with translated games. I do not hunt for a translation to apply to a rom unless I see that there is one available as listed in the xml. 

Unless there is something I am not understanding (very possible), I for one would prefer the info in parenthesis remains in the xml. 

• Avar locked this topic

Archived