Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

Thanks for clearing that up, imo the wheel thing should be based on a cut out/logo. Jsinn, AxO and the main man THK pretty well covered that I believe.

I expect you grabbed THK's logo's? He git a actual job now afaik. Not seen him post much recently

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defaults are. Other sets are not. Defaults aren't ideal h/e due to how it's impossible for every wheel to be readable against every colour without either heavy stroking, which is undesirable, or plating. Plated sets will be maintained but anyone who submits a plated sets will need new wheels added from time to time with the plate style, like everything else. 

So i'm a little bit confused about Official HyperSpin Systems will be used definitively. Which systems will be removed and which ones will be added?

Which would be the missing tiles for HBL then?

@ci2own At a minimum, everything on HyperList will be included as an official system. Other systems will be added to the official list based on:

• Whether or not they have any art
  • Whether or not they have any database
  • Whether or not they're even emulated yet

For example, I'm not gonna add something to the official list just because I find a lone main menu wheel somewhere for it but I will add systems that have a database or media + playability. 

Other things that don`t fit the description of a system or aren`t official but are still valuable, like the Game Hacks Collection or the Dungeons and Dragon setup or Sonic Collection, will be added under "Collections" which is going to make it easier to users to create/track/distribute these sorts of unofficial passion projects in an official way.

I'm really looking forward to trying this when everybody's confident it won't mess up my hyperspin install as it's took me a long time to get where I am with it...
Can I be really cheeky and ask when you think the release version will be out.. .

20 minutes ago, richie_jones said:

I'm really looking forward to trying this when everybody's confident it won't mess up my hyperspin install as it's took me a long time to get where I am with it...
Can I be really cheeky and ask when you think the release version will be out.. .

You just explained EXACTLY why I created this app in the first place. You're protective over your install because of all the time it took to get it where it is today. No more. No setup should take more than a beer and an afternoon. Basic setups should be point and click.

My suggestion is to back up your install info before you use our app

Also, you can ask me anything you'd like. In this case, I would be happy to answer. We are targeting July at the moment. But of course, we'll release it when it's ready :)

26 minutes ago, richie_jones said:

Where are you with it? :P

Do you have a 100% complete setup?

27 minutes ago, richie_jones said:

I would hope that all of us testing HBL are using a test system and not our main set ups. 

Where are you with it? [emoji14]
Do you have a 100% complete setup?

Yes I have all the systems I want with all correct media. But I moved my install from a 4:3 monitor to 16:9 so I'm short on a lot of widescreen stuff. I don't mind but your app will be great for me to polish it off properly. I'm still building the new can so I'm in no rush..
Is it easy to explain what to back up if I wanted to try this version??

Thanks for your time and effort..

So excited for hbl. Having all the media organized and available from one, single source is a marvel in itself. The fact that hbl will make it a simple one click sync to download everything is nothing short of a dream for us long time hyperspinners. 

So excited for hbl. Having all the media organized and available from one, single source is a marvel in itself. The fact that hbl will make it a simple one click sync to download everything is nothing short of a dream for us long time hyperspinners. 

It's also (wrongly in my opinion) what gives hyperspin a bashing on other front end systems...this will be amazing..

1 minute ago, Tribe Fan said:

As a native Clevelander, I appreciate both your comments and your avatar :)

5 minutes ago, Tribe Fan said:

Not only that but we're gonna give users the option to take as much of the thought and struggle out of setting it up as they'd like. Once the audit's done I'm going to assign "best of" default settings across the board so people can literally just click "go" and get the perfect setup, or people can take the time to go item by item, system by system, with actual frickin' previews of everything -including- themes to decide what they want. And with the new mini-previews in the app, you can tell exactly what you have at a glance. No more having to scroll through and hit preview on every item or having to download a theme to see what it looks like. This project is going to take all of the tedium that ever came with HyperSpin, take it out back, and beat it to death with a rubber hose while everyone gets one with the two most important things about the frontend: 1) looking at how awesome your systems/games look/sound as you browse through them and 2) Playing/enjoying your awesome systems/games.

Awesome thanks! For some reason they didn't show up. That's all for now I think. Could maybe do an "Electronic Handheld" one to go alongside the Game & Watch as I'm still not sure how I'll add it to the official list but other than that I'll keep you posted as new things come along.

Will need some for "Collections" down the road so I'll keep a list of those as well.

Just now, Avar said:

Awesome thanks! For some reason they didn't show up. That's all for now I think. Could maybe do an "Electronic Handheld" one to go alongside the Game & Watch as I'm still not sure how I'll add it to the official list but other than that I'll keep you posted as new things come along.

Will need some for "Collections" down the road so I'll keep a list of those as well.

Let me know, because i will have to do bezels too. 

24 minutes ago, Avar said:

Is this good enough?

5929b31d46052_ElectronicHandheldGames.png.87d31e2148ce85e8bce90a04cecaf63f.png

Images are not showing up in the forum for me. All i see is 59 for Ci2Own's post

On 5/27/2017 at 10:11 AM, ci2own said:

Is this good enough?

5929b31d46052_ElectronicHandheldGames.png.87d31e2148ce85e8bce90a04cecaf63f.png

Here are screenshots of my missing tiles. Just so you can see what's going on. Like I said, all of these systems were installed from the add console dropdown so I dont have anything custom going on. I think MegaDuck, and Valve Steam need to be removed completely as they are in the list as Creatronic Megaduck, and Steam.

2.PNG.b0e90fb68f7ae672ac6d26ab318e455d.PNG6.PNG.d5d881e2691a0f48d6e9a74bbf2985a6.PNG

are Commodore 16&Plus4, xbox live arcade, and nomad planning on being removed?

1.PNG.395ce429afa1bdd10bb77af88dee0b7d.PNG

3.PNG.273139435a78d9125589133b28886202.PNG

4.PNG.f19896c86dc1c905ab0eaa8b37f94527.PNG

5.PNG.77f40d6d9fedc43f315965dfeb5ddb13.PNG

10 minutes ago, maabus said:

Here are screenshots of my missing tiles. Just so you can see what's going on. Like I said, all of these systems were installed from the add console dropdown so I dont have anything custom going on. I think MegaDuck, and Valve Steam need to be removed completely as they are in the list as Creatronic Megaduck, and Steam.

For consistency I'd put them up as "Creatronic MegaDuck" and "Valve Steam".

• Avar locked this topic

Archived