fr0stbyt3

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

So excited for hbl. Having all the media organized and available from one, single source is a marvel in itself. The fact that hbl will make it a simple one click sync to download everything is nothing short of a dream for us long time hyperspinners. 

It's also (wrongly in my opinion) what gives hyperspin a bashing on other front end systems...this will be amazing..
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tribe Fan said:

So excited for hbl. Having all the media organized and available from one, single source is a marvel in itself. The fact that hbl will make it a simple one click sync to download everything is nothing short of a dream for us long time hyperspinners. 

As a native Clevelander, I appreciate both your comments and your avatar :)

• Upvote 1

Just now, fr0stbyt3 said:

As a native Clevelander, I appreciate both your comments and your avatar :)

The legend is a Clevelander?? I should've known! ?

Seriously, amazing work fr0st! And go Cavs!!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tribe Fan said:

Not only that but we're gonna give users the option to take as much of the thought and struggle out of setting it up as they'd like. Once the audit's done I'm going to assign "best of" default settings across the board so people can literally just click "go" and get the perfect setup, or people can take the time to go item by item, system by system, with actual frickin' previews of everything -including- themes to decide what they want. And with the new mini-previews in the app, you can tell exactly what you have at a glance. No more having to scroll through and hit preview on every item or having to download a theme to see what it looks like. This project is going to take all of the tedium that ever came with HyperSpin, take it out back, and beat it to death with a rubber hose while everyone gets one with the two most important things about the frontend: 1) looking at how awesome your systems/games look/sound as you browse through them and 2) Playing/enjoying your awesome systems/games.

• Upvote 2

@ci2own just missing:

• Namco System 22
  • SNK Neo Geo MVS
  • Tiger Game.com

Just now, Avar said:

@ci2own just missing:

• Namco System 22
  • SNK Neo Geo MVS
  • Tiger Game.com

Those ones are already done:

5929ac9b1cd69_SNkNeoGeoMVS.png.dbf7dd805d4ed1d6fac9d06752383e8d.png5929aca672561_NamcoSystem22.png.22ec574ecb934610fb6bebff28897e69.png5929acaf14a68_TigerGame_com.png.f6e0cd8a7184e716585fb612bf7c092c.png

• Upvote 2

Awesome thanks! For some reason they didn't show up. That's all for now I think. Could maybe do an "Electronic Handheld" one to go alongside the Game & Watch as I'm still not sure how I'll add it to the official list but other than that I'll keep you posted as new things come along.

Will need some for "Collections" down the road so I'll keep a list of those as well.

Just now, Avar said:

Awesome thanks! For some reason they didn't show up. That's all for now I think. Could maybe do an "Electronic Handheld" one to go alongside the Game & Watch as I'm still not sure how I'll add it to the official list but other than that I'll keep you posted as new things come along.

Will need some for "Collections" down the road so I'll keep a list of those as well.

Let me know, because i will have to do bezels too. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Avar said:

Is this good enough?

5929b31d46052_ElectronicHandheldGames.png.87d31e2148ce85e8bce90a04cecaf63f.png

• Upvote 2

I dig it! Thanks <3

• Upvote 1

Images are not showing up in the forum for me. All i see is 59 for Ci2Own's post

On 5/27/2017 at 10:11 AM, ci2own said:

Is this good enough?

5929b31d46052_ElectronicHandheldGames.png.87d31e2148ce85e8bce90a04cecaf63f.png

Here are screenshots of my missing tiles. Just so you can see what's going on. Like I said, all of these systems were installed from the add console dropdown so I dont have anything custom going on. I think MegaDuck, and Valve Steam need to be removed completely as they are in the list as Creatronic Megaduck, and Steam.

2.PNG.b0e90fb68f7ae672ac6d26ab318e455d.PNG6.PNG.d5d881e2691a0f48d6e9a74bbf2985a6.PNG

are Commodore 16&Plus4, xbox live arcade, and nomad planning on being removed?

1.PNG.395ce429afa1bdd10bb77af88dee0b7d.PNG

3.PNG.273139435a78d9125589133b28886202.PNG

4.PNG.f19896c86dc1c905ab0eaa8b37f94527.PNG

5.PNG.77f40d6d9fedc43f315965dfeb5ddb13.PNG

10 minutes ago, maabus said:

Here are screenshots of my missing tiles. Just so you can see what's going on. Like I said, all of these systems were installed from the add console dropdown so I dont have anything custom going on. I think MegaDuck, and Valve Steam need to be removed completely as they are in the list as Creatronic Megaduck, and Steam.

For consistency I'd put them up as "Creatronic MegaDuck" and "Valve Steam".

• Upvote 1

They're already in there like that, it's just a caching issue or something for some reason. We'll get it sorted.

Build 0.0.54 COMPELTE!!

• NEW: Main menu options.
    • This allows you to set main menu wheels and themes for all systems at once.
  • FIXED: Issue where users were experiencing lag when adding a new system.
  • FIXED: Validating popup would hang if user had no settings for that system.
  • NEW: Server API updated to allow more concurrent users.

Tomorrow should have a bunch more bug fixes. I wanted to get this out to you guys so you can test out the new main menu feature.

• Upvote 5

Dam I gotta wait 12hrs to test it now unless I sneak a bit of PC time in somehow lol

• Upvote 1

Build 0.0.54 COMPELTE!!
  • NEW: Main menu options.
    • This allows you to set main menu wheels and themes for all systems at once.
  • FIXED: Issue where users were experiencing lag when adding a new system.
  • FIXED: Validating popup would hang if user had no settings for that system.
  • NEW: Server API updated to allow more concurrent users.
Tomorrow should have a bunch more bug fixes. I wanted to get this out to you guys so you can test out the new main menu feature.

Have you seen http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/index.php?/topic/7880-CPWizBiz---Game-Controls-Viewer

Is there a provision in your database that could help OP ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A700FD met Tapatalk

1 hour ago, KlopjerO said:

Have you seen http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/index.php?/topic/7880-CPWizBiz---Game-Controls-Viewer

Is there a provision in your database that could help OP ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A700FD met Tapatalk

We have a pretty huge API if he's interested. Just not sure how/why he would need access to it. Looks like he does controller configuration. He'd probably be most interestest in the user local database.

Hyperbase should go the way of hyperlaunch -> rocketlauncher.  That way people with other frontends could work with it to make their artwork collection top notch.  This looks very promising.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

Hyperbase should go the way of hyperlaunch -> rocketlauncher.  That way people with other frontends could work with it to make their artwork collection top notch.  This looks very promising.

Ha! Well I appreciate that you like it enough to want to use it everywhere :)

This application is designed to be specific to hyperspin for many many reasons. First of which is creating a tool specific to it's application means you can dial in each area of the app to fit. When you try to make something too generic, it tends to be less useful for it's intended task. The next part is, I'm not just a hyperspin user. I am a developer on the hyperspin team. This allows me to integrate deeply into future features for both HBL and HS itself.

In the future, you'll see why we chose this route.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

Ahh! interesting.  Does this mean I detect an inkling of a new version? hmmmmmmmmmmm. :)

Hyperbase Live is step 1 to the future of Hyperspin. So, yes. There is more. :)

• Upvote 5

Ok I updated to v.054.

Some of the previous missing tiles updated.

Here is an update for the tiles.

Missing

Commadore 16 & Plus 4

Microsoft Xbox Live Arcade

Sega Nomad

SNK Neo Geo (I'm assuming this is some sort of "Classics" group)

Mega Duck, and Valve Steam are still duplicated.

For the new features...

What is the difference between the default wheels? They are listed twice.

Actually it looks like a lot of the wheels are duplicated. difference appears to be one is listed in () and the other isn't.

1.PNG.94fb564d96300d4aadc67e51f2dc42bb.PNG

I don't suppose there is a way to get a preview for the themes is there? I never realized there were that many different themes.

Hyperbase Live is step 1 to the future of Hyperspin. So, yes. There is more. 

Hopefully there is soon some more interesting news about something future related things of hyperspin itself. :-(