Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

Wish I could but seeing how this is my only PC makes it hard

I use it on windows 10 with no problem. Maybe you could try it with windows xp compatibility mode (to try something different).

I have no more ideas.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use it on windows 10 with no problem. Maybe you could try it with windows xp compatibility mode (to try something different).

I have no more ideas.

running the update for it now if it doesn't work then I will try in compatibility mode for xp or 7

I wouldn't count on the XP compatibility mode since HBL isn't designed nor officially supported for XP. Something weird is shurely going on since most of us haven't had any problem with the program.

Have you checked your firewall/ settings? Maybe you or your ISP are blocking the connection?

I wouldn't count on the XP compatibility mode since HBL isn't designed nor officially supported for XP. Something weird is shurely going on since most of us haven't had any problem with the program.

Have you checked your firewall/ settings? Maybe you or your ISP are blocking the connection?

let me check I will add a exception to my firewall to allow the connection see if that helps thank you everyone for your help

Here are a couple of debugging steps:

• with the app launched and the loading screen showing, go to your web browser and type "http://localhost:9000". It should respond with " Cannot GET /". 
    • if not, you either need to allow that port on your firewall or another app is using it
  • ​in file explorer, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hyperbase\Hyperbase Live\core\resources\app\server" and make sure there is a settings.json file.
    • ​if not, create one with just "{}" without quotes.

I'm 100% sure that my settings file is there when this occurs as I've checked that. The next time it happens I'll check to see if another app I'm running is using that port. It happened this morning but a reboot solved it, which would make sense if there was indeed another process using the port.

Also make sure the app didn't forget to close a process. AKA kill all hyperbaselive.exe in process monitor

Here are a couple of debugging steps:

• with the app launched and the loading screen showing, go to your web browser and type "http://localhost:9000". It should respond with " Cannot GET /". 
    • if not, you either need to allow that port on your firewall or another app is using it
  • ​in file explorer, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hyperbase\Hyperbase Live\core\resources\app\server" and make sure there is a settings.json file.
    • ​if not, create one with just "{}" without quotes.

ok went to the address and got the message Cannot GET then went to hyperbase\hyperbaselive\core\app\server there is a file settings.json 

only thing i have spotted a few times is when one completes syncing the others just die. took the basic Hypersync install 1.3.3 added the first 3 databases. Atari 5200, Lynx and Daphne once daphne had finished it just hung. Processes are still running.

hbl.txt

post-16945-0-05349800-1459360666_thumb.png

Hi All, we are looking to re-brand the HyperBase Live logo. Any one of the artists here specialize in logo design? If anyone is interested in tackling this please PM me. We are looking for it to be done with material design in mind. Something that looks good both in color and B&W. I would ask JayC but I know he is busy creating the banners for the app. :)

I'd nominate THK, he's the best logo designer that I've seen. That's if you can motivate him. ;)

only thing i have spotted a few times is when one completes syncing the others just die. took the basic Hypersync install 1.3.3 added the first 3 databases. Atari 5200, Lynx and Daphne once daphne had finished it just hung. Processes are still running.

attachicon.gifhbl.txt

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2016-03-30 18.54.10.png

I'll add Daphne and check in a bit. Could be bad data.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'd nominate THK, he's the best logo designer that I've seen. That's if you can motivate him. ;)

That logo has been bothering me a bit from the beginning. I'll have s stab at it and hope I'll come up with something better.

still same kicked off at 5 this morning and at 6:30 stopped left it all day thinking it might pick up with no update to log but front end looks likes its running still

Yeah if it doesn't work in the first few minutes, an hour and a half is not gonna fix that. :D

Hi! I have to say my HyperBase Live doesn't sync good either. I have selected only MAME to sync and it stucks in cashquiz.png for more than 5 hours.

Where can i look for to try to find the problem? Thanks in advance!

• Avar locked this topic

Archived