Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fr0stbyt3

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

I was wondering if hyperbase Live is not working I have tried everything to get it to work ran as admin uninstalled/reinstalled deleated the hyperbase live exe install file

re-downloaded with no luck I click to load it and all it does is shows a small box that says hyperbase live with a loading bar underneith I get no further than that except the ocasional black screen here is a screen shot of how far I get    http://imageshack.com/a/img921/9826/CiHoM2.png    do not know if it matters but I am running windows 10 thanks in advance for any help 

As said in another post, just uninstall it and delete program folder in "program files" directory. Then re-install it again. It solved my issue.

As said in another post, just uninstall it and delete program folder in "program files" directory. Then re-install it again. It solved my issue.

I did that and still no luck still gets stuck on loading screen do I have to wait awhile for it to load everything being i am running it for the first time 20 minutes seems a bit long for a program to load

I did that and still no luck still gets stuck on loading screen do I have to wait awhile for it to load everything being i am running it for the first time 20 minutes seems a bit long for a program to load

I had same problem and uninstalled and deleted that folder in Program Files x86, then empty trash and re-install program again and stasrted in a few seconds.

I had same problem and uninstalled and deleted that folder in Program Files x86, then empty trash and re-install program again and stasrted in a few seconds.

let me try again forgot to empty trash will shoot myself if that is all it is be back in a few to post an update

ci2own still doing the same thing staying stuck on the loading screen going to leave it up for awhile and see what happens i tried to run as admin also no luck

Are you using the link on your desktop to run the app?

This is a common issue when users attempt to run the app directly from inside the folder. 

Are you using the link on your desktop to run the app?

This is a common issue when users attempt to run the app directly from inside the folder. 

I have tried the link from my desktop as admin from the folder as admin with no luck 

No matter what I do it stays stuck at the loading screen question should I run the updater.exe

try it on a different pc

Wish I could but seeing how this is my only PC makes it hard

Wish I could but seeing how this is my only PC makes it hard

I use it on windows 10 with no problem. Maybe you could try it with windows xp compatibility mode (to try something different).

I have no more ideas.

I use it on windows 10 with no problem. Maybe you could try it with windows xp compatibility mode (to try something different).

I have no more ideas.

running the update for it now if it doesn't work then I will try in compatibility mode for xp or 7

I wouldn't count on the XP compatibility mode since HBL isn't designed nor officially supported for XP. Something weird is shurely going on since most of us haven't had any problem with the program.

Have you checked your firewall/ settings? Maybe you or your ISP are blocking the connection?

I wouldn't count on the XP compatibility mode since HBL isn't designed nor officially supported for XP. Something weird is shurely going on since most of us haven't had any problem with the program.

Have you checked your firewall/ settings? Maybe you or your ISP are blocking the connection?

let me check I will add a exception to my firewall to allow the connection see if that helps thank you everyone for your help

I have the same issue where sometimes it will sit at the initial loading screen forever. It seems to be completely random for me and restarting the computer fixes it. I'm using Win10 Home x64, Windows Defender is off, I've whitelisted HBL and Electron in the firewall settings and MBAM, and am using the desktop shortcut running as admin. I've also checked to see if Windows installed updates between when it was working and when it stopped working and there were none.

Here are a couple of debugging steps:

• with the app launched and the loading screen showing, go to your web browser and type "http://localhost:9000". It should respond with " Cannot GET /". 
    • if not, you either need to allow that port on your firewall or another app is using it
  • ​in file explorer, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hyperbase\Hyperbase Live\core\resources\app\server" and make sure there is a settings.json file.
    • ​if not, create one with just "{}" without quotes.

• with the app launched and the loading screen showing, go to your web browser and type "http://localhost:9000". It should respond with " Cannot GET /". 
    • if not, you either need to allow that port on your firewall or another app is using it
  • ​in file explorer, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hyperbase\Hyperbase Live\core\resources\app\server" and make sure there is a settings.json file.

I'm 100% sure that my settings file is there when this occurs as I've checked that. The next time it happens I'll check to see if another app I'm running is using that port. It happened this morning but a reboot solved it, which would make sense if there was indeed another process using the port.

I'm 100% sure that my settings file is there when this occurs as I've checked that. The next time it happens I'll check to see if another app I'm running is using that port. It happened this morning but a reboot solved it, which would make sense if there was indeed another process using the port.

Also make sure the app didn't forget to close a process. AKA kill all hyperbaselive.exe in process monitor

ok went to the address and got the message Cannot GET then went to hyperbase\hyperbaselive\core\app\server there is a file settings.json 

Also make sure the app didn't forget to close a process. AKA kill all hyperbaselive.exe in process monitor

I always have resmon up when I'm having problems and check to make sure that all the processes are closed before trying again so that doesn't seem to be the cause either.

ok went to the address and got the message Cannot GET then went to hyperbase\hyperbaselive\core\app\server there is a file settings.json 

PM me. I need to take a look at the machine.

PM me. I need to take a look at the machine.

just messaged you hope I did it right

only thing i have spotted a few times is when one completes syncing the others just die. took the basic Hypersync install 1.3.3 added the first 3 databases. Atari 5200, Lynx and Daphne once daphne had finished it just hung. Processes are still running.

hbl.txt

post-16945-0-05349800-1459360666_thumb.png

Hi All, we are looking to re-brand the HyperBase Live logo. Any one of the artists here specialize in logo design? If anyone is interested in tackling this please PM me. We are looking for it to be done with material design in mind. Something that looks good both in color and B&W. I would ask JayC but I know he is busy creating the banners for the app. :)

I'd nominate THK, he's the best logo designer that I've seen. That's if you can motivate him. ;)

only thing i have spotted a few times is when one completes syncing the others just die. took the basic Hypersync install 1.3.3 added the first 3 databases. Atari 5200, Lynx and Daphne once daphne had finished it just hung. Processes are still running.

attachicon.gifhbl.txt

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2016-03-30 18.54.10.png

I'll add Daphne and check in a bit. Could be bad data.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk