Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ummm the updater never stopped at 100 percent..Up to 125 percent

is there anywhere to download the latest beta 2 without updating? Updater just isnt working for me, got up to 150 percent before i canceled it tried to run it again and the the splash screen comes up and just sits there

ummm the updater never stopped at 100 percent..Up to 125 percent

is there anywhere to download the latest beta 2 without updating? Updater just isnt working for me, got up to 150 percent before i canceled it tried to run it again and the the splash screen comes up and just sits there

Link is on the first page.

So odd, the updater has been working flawless so far. I'll test it a little more after today.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

done the update tryed it then rebooted machine then tried again and keep getting this

roblem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    hyperbaseLive.exe
  Application Version:    0.36.1.0
  Application Timestamp:    567397ff
  Fault Module Name:    hyperbaseLive.exe
  Fault Module Version:    0.36.1.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    567397ff
  Exception Code:    80000003
  Exception Offset:    00000000002bc799
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    2057
  Additional Information 1:    6d1d
  Additional Information 2:    6d1dfa3667e3e7882656eca2dabbecf6
  Additional Information 3:    0d3a
  Additional Information 4:    0d3a8a99c775fcd6e16da4de418e2d91

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

there is some windows updates so doing them just incase. even ran as administrator to see if that sorted it.

done the update tryed it then rebooted machine then tried again and keep getting this

roblem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: hyperbaseLive.exe

Application Version: 0.36.1.0

Application Timestamp: 567397ff

Fault Module Name: hyperbaseLive.exe

Fault Module Version: 0.36.1.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 567397ff

Exception Code: 80000003

Exception Offset: 00000000002bc799

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 6d1d

Additional Information 2: 6d1dfa3667e3e7882656eca2dabbecf6

Additional Information 3: 0d3a

Additional Information 4: 0d3a8a99c775fcd6e16da4de418e2d91

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

there is some windows updates so doing them just incase. even ran as administrator to see if that sorted it.

Do a complete uninstall and reinstall. See if that helps.

So question, with xml support wasnt that suppose to mean it reads my xmls?  Its still syncing with databases that have language tags which are incorrect

edit nevermind i guess thats still to come.. Thanks for all the hard work!

So question, with xml support wasnt that suppose to mean it reads my xmls? Its still syncing with databases that have language tags which are incorrect

edit nevermind i guess thats still to come.. Thanks for all the hard work!

Correct, just main menu XML support was added. System XML support is coming soon

Working on another update for early next week. It should include a new file browser as well as some additions to increase speed. After that i'll be adding support for game XML's. Expect that to roll out across a few updates. Jhabers has a few suggestions to how we process it that you guys will enjoy.

i'll have a hammer on the old box i was using. as i think once everything has downloaded it dont do it.

one suggeston tho the log file can it get new date stamps on new crated ones as its gets very big for gui to load i think.

I cant get the program to start, just stops on hyperbase live logo screen and goes no further. It did run once and i was able to sync a few systems, but then it crashed and hasnt run again since.

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling about 4 times now in different locations. Run as admin, switched of bitdefender as i thought that was causing the problem, but still it stops on the startup screen.

Any ideas guys?

EDIT : I have just reinstalled it in the original location and now its working again :)

yer still getting it on the download issue

Can you give me an idea of what you're syncing? Sounds like it's a data issue. Also, can you send a screenshot of the main screen when it stops downloading?

Ive gone back to the old HyperSync for now, Just started from scratch with HS and the HB Live program doesnt seem to work properly for me atm. I can run the program but it just seems to freeze after starting verification of any system. :(

Ive gone back to the old HyperSync for now, Just started from scratch with HS and the HB Live program doesnt seem to work properly for me atm. I can run the program but it just seems to freeze after starting verification of any system. :(

If you look at the opening post, this is marked as beta and isn't intended to replace the old app yet.

That being said, can you give me more detail?

What systems do you have set up? Are you using beta 2? What OS is this? Can you send a screenshot of where it freezes?

If you look at the opening post, this is marked as beta and isn't intended to replace the old app yet.

That being said, can you give me more detail?

What systems do you have set up? Are you using beta 2? What OS is this? Can you send a screenshot of where it freezes?

I saw that it was a beta but as i was starting from scratch i thought id try it out and see how it went.

I will do all those things for you in a while :)

I need to make a dupe setup first and then il run the live app again and document it all for you

UPDATE: 

BETA 2.02

- Adds error reporting

For those of you having issues, can you please update to the latest and use the bug report feature on the logs screen. Then post here as to what your issue is. It'll help me so much in debugging.

post-16943-0-36790600-1460301079_thumb.p

yer still getting it on the download issue

I saw that it was a beta but as i was starting from scratch i thought id try it out and see how it went.

I will do all those things for you in a while :)

I need to make a dupe setup first and then il run the live app again and document it all for you

please run the update and click the bug report button, gents. :)

These points may have already been mentioned so please skip any that have been dealt with.

I started setting up again on my smaller test system and then noticed another update, so I stopped filling everything in and updated. Should I be making a back up of a settings file as after the update everything is back to default.

Pretend I'm really lazy and this is my 79 system Main install. This may have been mentioned but can the box art and cart art be automatically set to either Artwork 3 & 4 if that is the normal setting, it would save a lot of time.

Perhaps a global setting for the emumovies video selection so HQ is applied to everything.

Lastly some systems have empty drop down menus because I assume there is no artwork for that particular item. What if artwork becomes available in the future and I'm not keeping up with current events, can I be notified if new artwork is available and "Would you like to switch this on" pop up. This one might be pushing it but it's just an idea.

These points may have already been mentioned so please skip any that have been dealt with.

I started setting up again on my smaller test system and then noticed another update, so I stopped filling everything in and updated. Should I be making a back up of a settings file as after the update everything is back to default.

Pretend I'm really lazy and this is my 79 system Main install. This may have been mentioned but can the box art and cart art be automatically set to either Artwork 3 & 4 if that is the normal setting, it would save a lot of time.

Perhaps a global setting for the emumovies video selection so HQ is applied to everything.

Lastly some systems have empty drop down menus because I assume there is no artwork for that particular item. What if artwork becomes available in the future and I'm not keeping up with current events, can I be notified if new artwork is available and "Would you like to switch this on" pop up. This one might be pushing it but it's just an idea.

Good ideas. I added these all to our internal feature to-do list.

You wont have to back up settings once we go final. In beta it may get reset from time to time.

1. Settings file will remain intact in beta 2.03 and above. 

2. We are thinking through a way for defaults to be set globally. It's actually not as easy as it sounds, since it's not a flag on the media set, it's literally the name of it. So the code to find and then select that is messy.

3. That is actually an interesting idea. I'll have to think about the best way to implement that. 

So where in the UI would you like to see this done at? Should I automatically do it when you set your HBL path? Should there be a button. If so, where?

On the pop up alert for new media, when and how should I process that information. Should I just check every few hours, only on load, make it a button press, or some combination of this?

If this is referring to the Global defaults, I would say create a Global system tile (like you have for all the other systems) that would always be the first tile in the list.

Sounds good to me. The underlying UI will be a bit different than the other tiles. But I think we can make that happen.

• Avar locked this topic

Archived