Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

So I wanted to address a few of the bug reports that I have gotten.

The two common issues seem to be 

• No systems are available on the main screen
    • You have to go to client settings and set your hyperspin path. This also requires you to have a main menu xml.
  • You have set your hyperspin path, systems show. But you press sync and it doesn't do anything.
    • You have to go in to the systems you wish to sync and change the settings, then click save. Currently we do no default these for you. In the future, we plan on adding a quick defaults area in the app so you don't have to check ever single system.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE: BETA 2.03

This was created to address the error logs I was sent from users that were not able to sync. The issue came down to syncing unsupported systems with Emumovies. Now, when this occurs, the app will log the issue and move forward. 

Big thanks to all of you that are sending in the error logs. It's actually helping quite a bit. 

In an upcoming update i'll be revamping error reporting to allow for users to tell me a little bit about the error they are reporting. 

As always, just run the updater or use the link on the opening post!

UPDATE: BETA 2.03

This was created to address the error logs I was sent from users that were not able to sync. The issue came down to syncing unsupported systems with Emumovies. Now, when this occurs, the app will log the issue and move forward. 

Big thanks to all of you that are sending in the error logs. It's actually helping quite a bit. 

In an upcoming update i'll be revamping error reporting to allow for users to tell me a little bit about the error they are reporting. 

As always, just run the updater or use the link on the opening post!

seems to have fixed issue with paused downloads

hey, if you have any suggestions, I just opened a thread as suggested. I'll delete my previous large image posts here.

at least [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] isn't bugging me anymore xD

ok ran few times with new version only things that is hanging on is Mame, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Panisonic 3do. I'll push the Bug button so you can see what its doing.

Well its not morning unless I have a buy report from nogarth :D

I'll look into this shortly. I may have additional questions if it works locally.

So the next build will be a quick update to address the following

• users are asking for more logging during the sync process
  • bug reports are coming to us without an explanation
  • users are unaware that they are reporting an error (yeah I should ask first)
  • jhabers would like to be on the list of people reading your reports

After that I want to look into speeding up sync a little. With added logging comes slower performance. So we are working on balancing the two. 

expect an update in the next few days.

So along those lines, i'm researching ways to speed up updates. instead of using a windows installer, the app itself will handle updates internally. Similar the the experience from dropbox. 

Big shout out to the community for keeping up with all of these updates. You guys rock.

UPDATE 2.05

• Bug reporting now has its own page
  • Progress indicator now shows progress system wide rather than per each type
  • Sync connection limit increased
  • Logging updates
and yes, the updater works :)

Edit: for some reason a few files didn't get updated in the last build. Go grab 2.05!

• Avar locked this topic

Archived