Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't start Hyperbase. It is hanging at the loading screen. I let it open for an hour but nothing happend.

Hang tight, the next version will have a diagnostics tool for that. 

In the meantime

• Assure you are starting the app from the shortcut on the desktop
  • Make sure you are using the latest download

If none of that works, uninstall, delete the directory in program files, and reinstall.

I still haven't run that big sync yet. I need to come clean Frosty, I've been cheating on you. I've been bug reporting to other devs for the past couple days. The latest RL update broke a bunch of stuff due to code restructuring to make it more OO based. They've already fixed a bunch of stuff, but there's still some stuff to be worked out. I hope you'll take me back when this is over, your bugs are the only ones for me baby and there's no other build that I'd rather break :kiss:

I thought we had something special. Such treachery. 

Anybody help me out?

Don't know why video previews are not downloading?

Yes, I setup my emumovies, and I believe setup the correct path /hyperspin/media?

Keep getting : error. Media type not present for this system.

I'm having the same problem on hypersynch (no video previews from emumovies) even tho it has worked fine in the past.

interesting little thing (not sure its a bug or what) but while looking at my task manager I noticed there are multiple entries for Hyperbase live. even when shut down it's still active. whats the story

Good morning!

This was covered in detail a while back. But basically it handles threading much like Google Chrome. I can link you back to the original post for more details.

Yup I sure do have a paid emumovies accnt.

Never had an issue until I moved to ricketlauncher/HS 1.4. Then although logged in on hypersynch, the snaps will not download

Did emumovies make changes to their server ($?)

No you should be fine. Please use the bug report feature and send me a report. I can look at this and get back to you.

Tiny thing.

I installed again, set my log in for Emumovies but did not set a path for the video because I don't normally specify a separate path (all videos go in the normal places.) 

I then set the path to HyperSpin, clicked "View All", what no videos under "System Menu"? So I clicked Emumovies in the left pane and it required me to log in again. This time the video path was already set.

So really I need to set the Path to HyperSpin before logging in to Emumovies.

Not that it matters cause it shows what is being downloaded in the sync section but its still strange how it dont report the stuff in the sync log

other then that i had to get the program to run in admin otherwise it would keep freezing up on the loading bar .

Hey gents,

Quick behind the scenes update:

We're working hard to get the content admins their new tool for hyperbase live. Hopefully within the next few weeks I will have a beta ready for them. For those of you that don't know... that means the drop downs on all the systems will have more content soon! I'll probably post a few screenshots and keep you guys updated as I go along. While you can't really use the tool yourself, I thought it might be fun to hear how things are coming.

On the HBL front, I have a few things tested with XML validation. So the next release (which will be after the admin) will have that build in. I am going to assume the lack of error reports means that you guys are able to use the latest version just fine. :)

If you have any questions, let me know!

Sorry, report what stuff?

Downloading themes : Bionic Commando (USA).zip from Nintendo Entertainment System
04/28/2016 at 5:37PM
Downloading themes : Double Dragon (USA).zip from Nintendo Entertainment System
04/28/2016 at 5:37PM
Downloading themes : Legend of Zelda, The (USA) (Rev A).zip from Nintendo Entertainment System
04/28/2016 at 5:36PM
Sync Complete for Atari 2600
04/28/2016 at 5:36PM
Sync Complete for Nintendo Entertainment System

basically i set systems to sync but some still dont come through

Putting th updated Api for admins through its paces. We now support create update edit and delete. For our api users, you'll need an admin level api key to perform these actions.

For the desktop app, i'm testing writing to xml files so I can handle file updates for you as well. This will respect changes to the enabled property as well.

How's testing going for everyone?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Putting th updated Api for admins through its paces. We now support create update edit and delete. For our api users, you'll need an admin level api key to perform these actions.

For the desktop app, i'm testing writing to xml files so I can handle file updates for you as well. This will respect changes to the enabled property as well.

How's testing going for everyone?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Looking forward to these additions!

Hey guys,

In the process of building my first cabinet, totally new to the entire process. Learning a ton about programming, but still a novice (so be gentle :thumbsup: ). Quick suggestion for newbies like myself, I see a couple of things on the front page of this post about how to get HyperBase Live up and running, but it doesn't go into all that much detail — specifically if you encounter an issue.

I wasn't able to get things to sync last night. Had to search through the forums and saw a few instances of you guys recommending to uninstall HyperBase, delete the program files folder that is created, reinstall, run as admin, etc. I totally understand that this is all still a work in progress (and you guys are doing an AMAZING job, so please don't take this the wrong way), but perhaps it would be beneficial to put installation/troubleshooting steps on the first page? Would certainly save some time for people like me from having to comb through the forums and pull our hair out when things don't work properly, and it would save you guys some time recommending the same troubleshooting steps over and over. Just a thought. Keep up the great work!! Can't wait to get all sync'd up!!

:music: "I'm all about HyperBase, HyperBase, no trouble!" :music:

P.S. Forgive me if someone already mentioned this. Didn't see it! 

Hey guys,

In the process of building my first cabinet, totally new to the entire process. Learning a ton about programming, but still a novice (so be gentle :thumbsup: ). Quick suggestion for newbies like myself, I see a couple of things on the front page of this post about how to get HyperBase Live up and running, but it doesn't go into all that much detail — specifically if you encounter an issue.

I wasn't able to get things to sync last night. Had to search through the forums and saw a few instances of you guys recommending to uninstall HyperBase, delete the program files folder that is created, reinstall, run as admin, etc. I totally understand that this is all still a work in progress (and you guys are doing an AMAZING job, so please don't take this the wrong way), but perhaps it would be beneficial to put installation/troubleshooting steps on the first page? Would certainly save some time for people like me from having to comb through the forums and pull our hair out when things don't work properly, and it would save you guys some time recommending the same troubleshooting steps over and over. Just a thought. Keep up the great work!! Can't wait to get all sync'd up!!

:music: "I'm all about HyperBase, HyperBase, no trouble!" :music:

For your live HyperSpin Setup we recommend using hypersync right now. HBL is still in its beta stages and still has a good amount of work to be done for it to make it ready for prime time. If after you get your main hyperspin setup up and running with hypersync and you want to help test out HBL please setup a secondary HyperSpin folder or setup and use that. All support for HBL right now is in this thread only.

Welcome to the zoo

Hey guys,

In the process of building my first cabinet, totally new to the entire process. Learning a ton about programming, but still a novice (so be gentle[emoji106]). Quick suggestion for newbies like myself, I see a couple of things on the front page of this post about how to get HyperBase Live up and running, but it doesn't go into all that much detail — specifically if you encounter an issue.

:music: "I'm all about HyperBase, HyperBase, no trouble!" :music:

We're actually thinking about baking troubleshooting into the app itself. So this would be less of an issue. But I'd be glad to update the first post for newbies. Sorry for the confusion and welcome to the team [emoji16]

For your live HyperSpin Setup we recommend using hypersync right now. HBL is still in its beta stages and still has a good amount of work to be done for it to make it ready for prime time. If after you get your main hyperspin setup up and running with hypersync and you want to help test out HBL please setup a secondary HyperSpin folder or setup and use that. All support for HBL right now is in this thread only.

Welcome to the zoo

Thanks! I initially tried to get HyperSync up and running, but kept getting error messages that it couldn't verify my credentials. Again, tried looking through the forums for solution, but eventually gave up. I had just assumed that support for HyperSync died off due to transition over to HyperBase. I don't want to muck up this thread asking about HyperSync setup, but maybe an admin can PM me to help a nice newb like myself work out the kinks???

Also, I know it's probably still up in the air at this point, but any idea when HyperBase Live will be out of beta and officially released? No pressure! And thanks again! 

• Avar locked this topic

Archived