Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im not sure I understand the naming thing yet but I'm happy to wait and see[emoji1] Sounds like the end of rom/media renaming which would be a big deal. 
I don't know if @reznnate is aware of this and it would be awesome to know if it's going to be android compatible.

Depends on what you mean by Android compatible. I suppose I could export data that could be used on Android. But on launch HBL is not going to be mobile ready.

What questions do you have about ROM matching/naming?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

so the bit I don't understand is

"ROM name is independent of Asset name. The database houses file location with the rom metadata."

does this mean I add my rom folder to HBL it then matches my roms to media and downloads the media to my Hyperspin directory. Then replaces my local Hyperspin databases with a HBL database that includes the rom file location.

im just not sure how Hyperspin (standalone) can work if roms are named different to the xml & media.

im probably way off.

the Android reference is to using HBL to sync all my media on PC then using this media with the Hyperspin android app.

afaik Hyperspin Android like Hyperspin Windows can only work if roms and media names all match what's in the .xml file.

24 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

so the bit I don't understand is

"ROM name is independent of Asset name. The database houses file location with the rom metadata."

does this mean I add my rom folder to HBL it then matches my roms to media and downloads the media to my Hyperspin directory. Then replaces my local Hyperspin databases with a HBL database that includes the rom file location.

im just not sure how Hyperspin (standalone) can work if roms are named different to the xml & media.

im probably way off.

the Android reference is to using HBL to sync all my media on PC then using this media with the Hyperspin android app.

afaik Hyperspin Android like Hyperspin Windows can only work if roms and media names all match what's in the .xml file.

I think we have to split out terms a little so everyone is clear. Hyperspin uses local databases that are in XML. Hyperbase Live will have its own local database, separate from everything else that will be JSON.

So, once you add your ROMs directory, HBL will then map your ROMs as they are currently named. Then, after that, HBL will output the XML files needed for Hyperspin. 

So if HBL spits out XMLs to use in HyperSpin, and it doesn't actually rename games, then does that mean any media coming from HBL is also renamed accordingly to work with the XMLs?

If so, then you are right - my biggest gripe about HS would be solved and I would have no use for a RocketLauncher rom mapping files :)

Given the following

<game name="3-D Tic-Tac-Toe (USA)" index="true" image="3">
		<description>3-D Tic-Tac-Toe (USA)</description>
		<cloneof></cloneof>
		<crc>58805709</crc>
		<manufacturer>Atari</manufacturer>
		<year>1980</year>
		<genre>Puzzle</genre>
		<rating>HSRS - GA (General Audience)</rating>
		<enabled>Yes</enabled>
	</game>

"name=" could change to your naming convention. This would allow launching to function and without the need for mapping. Correct?

Edit: We will allow you to select an option that will rename your roms as well. There are some (myself included) that prefer a clean 1:1 XML.

Well yes, but then how will that match all of the media? If the name is changed in the XML but the media file names are not changed to match then I don't think that will work. Unless I am completely missing something... I didn't think HS used the description tag in the XML for matching media.

2 minutes ago, johnsanc said:

Well yes, but then how will that match all of the media? If the name is changed in the XML but the media file names are not changed to match then I don't think that will work. Unless I am completely missing something... I didn't think HS used the description tag in the XML for matching media.

Media files are being saved by HBL. So yes, I can save the media files as your own local names. This is because the HBL local database would maintain a reference to what it's called on the server. So I would search our database by our name and save by yours.

Hi...

Very new to the scene...I have been following the gameroomsolutions.com hyperspin/rocketlaunch tutorial guide and I have gotten up to the point of where you purchase the lifetime member ship for emu movies and hyperspin platinum account.

I have hyperspin working with my mame rom set and would like to now use hyper sync to automate adding artwork and videos to my Mame wheel in Hyperspin. Upon launching the hyper sync application & putting in my credentials...I got an error saying that it couldn't validate my platinum account at Hyperspin.

Reading the notes on the hyper sync app screen, it alluded to the whole application being replaced by hyper base...which led me to this thread...

Reading through this thread, I'm unclear of what exactly I need to do to automate the syncing of artwork and videos to my mame wheel in hyperspin...I'm not sure where to go from here as I was following this guide and now it seems that it's legacy and I'll have to understand how to sync everything using this new application.

Guide:

https://gameroomsolutions.com/setup-hyperspin-mame-hyperlaunch-full-guide/

I apologize for noob questions but I just felt I was so close and to the end and now I"m not sure how to complete it, thank you for any help...

***nevermind!!! - I see that I just had to download the latest version of hyper sync - everything is syncing now, can't wait!!***

Hello,

Wishing to restart in the configuration of my hyperspin, I restart HyperSync which unfortunately even after the update fails to connect to hyperspin so it is unusable.

I see in the news that HyperSync saw its last moments and that it will be replaced not HyperBase Live, so I download and installs this new application but unfortunately synchronization turns in the wind and does not progress a bit while I I left it turned for a whole day (knowing that I have a very good flow since I have fiber optics).

Am I the only one in this case?

hypersync.PNG

hyperbase live.PNG

I briefly searched the thread but not seeing my question. If this is covered just tell me to look harder rather than waste your time to reply

how will HBL handle the constant MAME updates?

i know plenty of people update regularly but many like me don't just wondered if that's dealt with without to much manual work from a user.

I spent today updating HyperSync/HyperBase on my system.

@yeyedub: I had this exact problem due to a old version of HyperSync.

Make sure you get the latest here: 

As for people having trouble with HyperBase hanging at the loading screen.

For me the problem was STUPID Windows Defender (on windows 10). I guess due to a MS update it activated itself again (I usually have it off).

Windows Defender is detecting "HyperbaseLive.exe" as "Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!ac" and blocking it.

A quick google search show this is often detected a false positve for lots of applications.

To restore "HyperbaseLive.exe" from Windows Defenders Quarantine:

History -> Quarantined Items -> View Details... -> Select "HyperbaseLive.exe" and click "Restore"

Hope this helps

By blocked I mean the fact that the application remains on the connection phase to HyperBase obliging me to do a Ctrl + Alt + Del after 20 minutes in order to be able to close the application.

After re-launching the application, this case does not know reproduced by cons I always the problem of connection to Hyperspin.

Otherwise in relation to the track of windows defender, I have deepened the search and it is present on my PC but it is disable and HyperSync is not present in the quarantine list.

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

2 hours ago, yeyedub said:

Hello,

Wishing to restart in the configuration of my hyperspin, I restart HyperSync which unfortunately even after the update fails to connect to hyperspin so it is unusable.

I see in the news that HyperSync saw its last moments and that it will be replaced not HyperBase Live, so I download and installs this new application but unfortunately synchronization turns in the wind and does not progress a bit while I I left it turned for a whole day (knowing that I have a very good flow since I have fiber optics).

Am I the only one in this case?

hypersync.PNG

hyperbase live.PNG

If Hypersync is failing to log into your HyperSpin account you must first download the new version and install it in an "Empty" folder as per the instructions. 

If you still have trouble you will need to delete the "application.ini" in your User folder.

11 minutes ago, gigapig said:

If Hypersync is failing to log into your HyperSpin account you must first download the new version and install it in an "Empty" folder as per the instructions. 

If you still have trouble you will need to delete the "application.ini" in your User folder.

Thank you!!!

:good:Got more done this week than I thought I would. 

• Auto Updates: Users don't have to guess if they have the latest version. On startup, the app will run a version check and auto update.
  • New build process. Building the previous beta was time consuming and not fun. Plus the update packages were quite huge. This is now gone.
  • We now use windows file browser for folder path selection. This will fix users issues where users could not use network locations and in some cases, physical drives other than C:
  • Database updates and compression.
  • Updated internal UI components. (More speed, Less code).
  • Direct name ROM matching (this does not include MD5 or Fuzzy match at this time)
  • 64bit build. Because... well duh.
  • Fixed the issue where users were unable to even get to the login screen. 
  • Compiled entire app in a single executable. So many users were trying to dig through through the app folder and figure out which exe they were supposed to run. First off, knock it off. Second, you only have one option now.
  • Compressed internal assets into a single file. This is a similar reason to the ones stated above.
  • Updated server side API. Faster, Better, Stronger.

Now I need YOUR opinion. Which would you like me to focus on for the next release. Do you want to test:

1. ROM Management and matching
  2. Media Sync

I will toss my vote out there and say option 1. Mainly because media sync will benefit from the advances made there (naming and accuracy). Plus, sync will be different for Hyperspin soon. Allowing for multiple media sets per type. So in theory, sync will be handling more than one theme at a time. Something that the current Hyperspin cannot handle. With that being said, Hyperspin will be quite different soon :beer:

• Avar locked this topic

Archived