Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

Nice work. My vote would be for media sync. While I agree with your perspective I think there are other ROM mgmt tools we have been living with. Also I think most people have fairly clean sets by now. If we are saying HyperSync is gonna be deprecated get that piece out of beta first and then move onto the next thing.

Just my 2 cents.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, thatman84 said:

@fr0stbyt3 great work and your giving out all the secret info to boot! :) 

I'm gonna try and get HBL setup next week.

media sync first imo

You're gonna want to wait for the next update anyway. I broke media sync for the last beta. I should have something for you to text next weekend or so.

10 hours ago, pofo14 said:

Nice work. My vote would be for media sync. While I agree with your perspective I think there are other ROM mgmt tools we have been living with. Also I think most people have fairly clean sets by now. If we are saying HyperSync is gonna be deprecated get that piece out of beta first and then move onto the next thing.

Just my 2 cents.

Well, its agreed then. I'll start on re-enabling sync.  I'll keep you up to date.

Edit: I have it working. I'll run it through a few more tests and get a build out to everyone as soon as I can.

UPDATE:

I have sync tested and working for all HBL media types. I will release the new beta in the next few days. 

:dance:

A few things to note. 

• You have to do a complete reinstall for HBL. please completely uninstall the previous version before you start.
  • Auto update does not have prompts right now. So if you open the app, it will do this in the background automatically
    • This only happens on startup
  • Emumovies in not tested right now, so it's disabled. 
  • Consoles will be added one at a time from the view all screen
  • Rom view will be included in this build.
    • Matching is only by name at this point. More soon.
  • Logging is will be removed for now. I'm writing a new one for those of you that love watching log files.

Just curious... you have these databases..and all this media..and it has some degree of figuring out how to do what...how much effort would it be to have a search option in the way that hyperxmlspin has?

I search for contra, it gives back all entries that contain contra, you pick the titles you want. Dump to XML and gather up available media...or is this out of scope?

if it's able to match rom names to titles. then i assumed that it HBL is working of database of somekind..so I figured it could be able to perform such mix and match operations.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A700FD met Tapatalk

7 hours ago, klopjero said:

Just curious... you have these databases..and all this media..and it has some degree of figuring out how to do what...how much effort would it be to have a search option in the way that hyperxmlspin has?

I search for contra, it gives back all entries that contain contra, you pick the titles you want. Dump to XML and gather up available media...or is this out of scope?

if it's able to match rom names to titles. then i assumed that it HBL is working of database of somekind..so I figured it could be able to perform such mix and match operations.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A700FD met Tapatalk

I haven't had any coffee yet, so sorry if I don't get it. But you want a global search function in the app? It sounds like you want to have the app create custom XML files for you or something. Right?

1 minute ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

I haven't had any coffee yet, so sorry if I don't get it. But you want a global search function in the app? It sounds like you want to have the app create custom XML files for you or something. Right?

please excuse my in coherency. 

yes a global search function. 
that would enable user to setup franchise (or perhaps even developer) specific "systems" 

and it's not something I want, or a feature request but rather a thought that I had regarding (perceived) capabilities of this tool. 

UPDATE:
I have sync tested and working for all HBL media types. I will release the new beta in the next few days. 
:dance:
A few things to note. 
  • You have to do a complete reinstall for HBL. please completely uninstall the previous version before you start.
  • Auto update does not have prompts right now. So if you open the app, it will do this in the background automatically
    • This only happens on startup
  • Emumovies in not tested right now, so it's disabled. 
  • Consoles will be added one at a time from the view all screen
  • Rom view will be included in this build.
    • Matching is only by name at this point. More soon.
  • Logging is will be removed for now. I'm writing a new one for those of you that love watching log files.

Hey fr0stbyt3, looking forward to this. It's been a while since I used the last beta, will this one come up the up to date databases? Just wondering if HBL is / will be the definitive source for databases or if that is someplace else.

2 minutes ago, pofo14 said:

Hey fr0stbyt3, looking forward to this. It's been a while since I used the last beta, will this one come up the up to date databases? Just wondering if HBL is / will be the definitive source for databases or if that is someplace else.

This should have all data that has been uploaded to date. However, the first build will not export XML files for you. It'll just handle sync for now. I'll tackle export in the coming weeks. 

6 minutes ago, klopjero said:

please excuse my in coherency. 

yes a global search function. 
that would enable user to setup franchise (or perhaps even developer) specific "systems" 

and it's not something I want, or a feature request but rather a thought that I had regarding (perceived) capabilities of this tool. 

Yes, you could - in theory. However, I would prefer that it create genre filters for you to do this.

3 hours ago, richie_jones said:

So what does it actually do, is it for making sure everything is named correctly?

TL;DR It makes all the things more better.

We Sync or Output

• Media ( wheels, themes, ect.)
  • Metadata
  • Emulators (shh thats totally a secret)
  • Launch scripts (also secret)
  • Other awesome for new things coming out.

1 minute ago, richie_jones said:

TL,DR....

Maybe your first post should of been more descriptive, we're not all hyperspin experts, or completely versed in the multitude of add ons available..

Thanks

You are correct that it should be more descriptive. I was joking with you btw.

The whole point of this is so  you don't have to be experts on hyperspin to get everything up and running. I want to, as much as possible, give you a shiny magic button for everything you could want. That way you focus on gaming and not on xml formatting and crc checks. 

Just now, richie_jones said:

Thanks for the programme. I'll give it a shot when I'm confident I won't mess up all the effort I've put in so far..

Cheers

OH MAN. You should absolutely be testing on a "test" install of hyperspin while this is in beta. Check out the pack @gigapig put together for that.

I have a very early build available now. One thing it is missing right now is loading animations and progress indicators when adding a system. Right now, we're just testing media sync and overall system compatibility. 

32bit: http://hyperbase-live.com/updates/win32/Hyperbase Live Setup 0.0.17-ia32.exe

64bit: http://hyperbase-live.com/updates/win64/Hyperbase Live Setup 0.0.17.exe

Setup process:

• Delete any older HBL installs
  • Run the exe
  • Login
  • In client settings, add the location you have hyperspin installed
  • Go to view all
  • Select the system you want to add
  • Set the path to the ROM directory
  • Wait for it to show on the main screen. (it's doing basic rom matching here)
  • Click the new system
  • Click the wrench in the top right corner (going to clean up placement shortly)
  • Set whatever options you would like and save
  • Go to the main page and click the sync button

Please let me know if you have any issues getting media to sync. In the next few days, I will post an update with a little more of a guided setup and some loading animations.

• Avar locked this topic

Archived